Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: North Korea Threatens to Invade South Korea

Default Re: North Korea Threatens to Invade South Korea

I have a plan to get rich.

I'm going to threaten to invade South Korea.

The US/UN will ship me tons of rice so I don't.

I'm then going to sell at cut rate prices on the world market.

Profit!

I'm guessing the drought in North Korea has them heading to famine level again.

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opi...063335063.html
    "When I die, I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like Fidel Castro, not screaming in terror, like his victims."

My shameful truth.

Just when i thought TWC local russia fanboys of these forums couldn't get any more weird in their thinking, they start "protecting" and "siding" with North Korea and blaming capitalist media. Not sure this could go anymore absurd than this.

Quote Originally Posted by Papay View Post
    All i said is that the regime is not AS bad as it is portrayed sometimes
    It is probably WAY WORSE than currently portrayed since we only get tip of the iceberg of all the craziness going on in there due complete information secrecy. Starvation and working camps and weird eccentric executions, who knows what else goes on we dont get to know about.

And the media rushed a story about Kims uncle who was executed by being fed to dogs which was proved it was propaganda. So should i trust the media after this?
    So one story based on rumours from most secretive country in the world turns out to be just that, rumours, while the person still very likely got killed, just by not dogs perhaps. Yeah let's disregard all free western media because of it.

Its a regime with a different logic and the people there are thinking differently
    I guess you could say the same about Stalin and his purging camps, ISIS in middle east nowdays or whatever other crazy totalitarian murderous lunatics abusing power and degrading humanity to level of complete barbarism. Best excuse ever. "People there are thinking differently" is also funny phrase in this context as you arent allowed to think differently at all in North Korea, its either regime's way or ticket to goverment sponsored holiday camp.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Regardless of how bad NK is, believing SK sources at face value is idiotic.
    I think you messed the Koreas there, believing NK sources is idiotic. South Korean ones you should take with grain of salt as all media and try to look for sources, but in general they are atleast somewhat normal news.

South Korea has somewhat decent level in of press freedom, of course over half century of friction and risk of imminent war at all times has caused some issues to it, but basicly what you said goes complete opposite, North Korean sources are by default complete propaganda as its totalitarian state running on propaganda. While South Korean news and media are relatively free. There is no absolutely free and unbiased media anyway anywhere as long as humans are involved and seeing things from limited perspectives.

South Korea:
    https://freedomhouse.org/report/free...a#.Vdo5iN8cGUk
    Press Status: Partly Free

compared to North Korea:
    https://freedomhouse.org/report/free...a#.Vdo5qt8cGUk
    Press Status: Not Free

Earl Dibbles Jr's Avatar Campidoctor
    On a need-to-know basis, and you don't need to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Phier View Post

Profit!

How are you insult the glorious Best Korea? Death to Western pigaru dog!

Holger Danske's Avatar Comes Limitis

I never said that i would like to visit Korth Korea. All i said is that the regime is not AS bad as it is portrayed sometimes
    Indeed. I'm 99.99% sure it's far worse than portrayed.

gaunty14's Avatar Vicarius

Yeah, I can't imagine this is going to escalte particulary far given that NK has shelled an island killing several militry personal and hit a corvette with a torpedo in recent years and SK didn't do anything to retaliate.

"will help build battle station for food" - or rep

Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Phier View Post

Profit!

they haven't gotten aid in years. South Korea no longer continues the "Sunshine Policy."

Instead they are directly challenging North Korea now:

http://news.yahoo.com/korea-says-won...032422111.html

No retreat.
    Best/Worst quotes of TWC

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriakos View Post
    While you are at it, allow Germany to rearm, it's not like they committed the worst atrocity in modern history, so having a strong army can't lead to anything pitiful.

They have found a phrase that could be interpreted as an apology by the NorKies.
    Eats, shoots, and leaves.

Papay's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Holger Danske View Post
    Indeed. I'm 99.99% sure it's far worse than portrayed.
    Did Denis Rodman said you that?

Quote Originally Posted by Vanoi View Post
    they haven't gotten aid in years. South Korea no longer continues the "Sunshine Policy."

Instead they are directly challenging North Korea now:

http://news.yahoo.com/korea-says-won...032422111.html

No retreat.
    No retreat eh ?

1. Koreas to hold talks again in Seoul or Pyongyang as soon as possible.

2. NK 'regrets' South Korean soldiers' injury from landmine blasts.

3. South Korea to stop propaganda broadcasts on condition of no abnormal situations, starting from Tuesday noon.

4. NK to lift 'semi-state of war'.

5. Koreas to hold working-level Red Cross talks in early September for family reunions.

6. Koreas to promote non-governmental exchange in various fields.

When is enough going to be enough? South Korea needs to do an operation to quietly evacuate the civilian population from Seoul and just end this ridiculous stand off that's going on for six decades too long.
    Heir to Noble Savage in the Imperial House of Wilpuri

Border Patrol's Avatar Protector Domesticus

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/24/asia/koreas-tensions/

Good thing cooler heads prevailed. Next time we might not be so lucky.
    Proud Nerdimus Maximus of the Trench Coat Mafia.

I don't see anything good coming from this. It's just more Chamberlain appeasement to remove the loudspeakers.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Piett View Post
    I don't see anything good coming from this. It's just more Chamberlain appeasement to remove the loudspeakers.
    Not really. The South loses nothing here except those two poor soldiers who lost their legs. Meanwhile, Kim Jong-un can continue to brainwash his own people, but he loses serious face among his leadership by issuing his apology to South Korea and having them scoff at his threat and ultimatum. There is nothing Kim fears more than fickleness among those of his inner circle and the governing class. I suspect we will see a flurry of new executions in the coming days, perhaps of even more extended family members who eye the prize of having dear dictator's seat.

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    Not really. The South loses nothing here except those two poor soldiers who lost their legs. Meanwhile, Kim Jong-un can continue to brainwash his own people, but he loses serious face among his leadership by issuing his apology to South Korea and having them scoff at his threat and ultimatum. There is nothing Kim fears more than fickleness among those of his inner circle and the governing class. I suspect we will see a flurry of new executions in the coming days, perhaps of even more extended family members who eye the prize of having dear dictator's seat.
    The north didn't apologize for anything. They merely extended their 'regrets'. It's just a shallow, rushed deal with a term more beneficial to the north.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziltoid View Post

I think you messed the Koreas there, believing NK sources is idiotic. South Korean ones you should take with grain of salt as all media and try to look for sources, but in general they are atleast somewhat normal news.
    No, just because NK source aren't reliable doesn't mean SK sources are.

goro's Avatar Tribunus

Why don't they assassinate Kim Yong-un? There won't be any lunatic spoiled child to take his place. I'm sure what comes next will be for the best.

History of Libya and Iraq prove otherwise. Odds are, he'll probably end up being replaced by someone who is even more of a hardliner. The only country who can fix this situation is China, IMO.
    Last edited by Heathen Hammer; August 24, 2015 at 11:36 PM.

Holger Danske's Avatar Comes Limitis

Did Denis Rodman said you that?
    Who is Denis Rodman?

@HH

What in your particular world view counts as reliable sources?

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    Does North Korea really work that way? It seems to be entirely different to anything that has existed before. There doesn't seem to be any sort of ruling family with claims to the throne, so to speak.

It's more like "You are leader! You are glorious". It's like a country based on an individuals narcissism.

Who is Denis Rodman?
    North Korea's version of Ivan Drago from Rocky IV.

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Piett View Post
    When is enough going to be enough? South Korea needs to do an operation to quietly evacuate the civilian population from Seoul and just end this ridiculous stand off that's going on for six decades too long.

Thanks, I needed that.
    If you count the suburbs there are about 25 million people living in Seoul. 10 million in the city proper. Let's be generous to the idea, and only evacuate Seoul itself. How on earth do you propose "quietly evacuating" 10 million people from the center of a huge city like Seoul in a relatively open society like the South Korean?! And that's just the beginning, after that you have to care for 10 million people. Their basic needs ain't going away just because they've been "quietly evacuated" (that still makes me laugh). Throw in war conditions just to add to the fun.

Under the stern but loving patronage of Nihil.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast