Thread: Refugee Crisis - We can help a little

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Default Refugee Crisis - We can help a little

The according thread becomes boring. Rather than to trying to help in any way, many of the TWC'ers prefer to their fascist worldview (such threads initiated by Ferrets54 are a good filter to find out, who is who though) - well this is just my personal opinion. Now to the subject of this thread:

With this thread, I prefer trying to encourage the TWC'ers just to contribute a bit, with a donation.

Serious receiving/distributing organsiations only, of course.

For this option, here is one main site, which is working daily on the trial to reduce the misery.
    The site tries also to keep up reliable data.

UNHCR
    There is an easy to apply Donate-button.

As we are (comfortable) players of video games spending a lot of money for that kind of fun, it might be possible for the one and other to donate a little sum, hm?

The thread can be used to add other serious receiving/distributing orga sites.
    Also, if the thread is misplaced by the TOS, admins/moderators are free to move it to a right place.
    My recommendation but is also, that the TWC admin perhaps puts that thread or according donation-function(s) onto a well-viewed position.
    Last edited by DaVinci; September 05, 2015 at 04:16 PM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Default Re: Refugee Crisis - We can help a little

DaVinci has a point though.Some of the stuff on the refugee thread is recycled Islamophobic stuff from around 2006 or so. Ridiculous.

In the spirit of the thread, here is a useful Christian charity if people want to do something positive for people in the Middle East (for a change).

http://www.embraceme.org/

Can we suggest or recommend ideas of how we can shame those exploiting the crisis to promote race hatred etc?, for example :

Exchange the Sun's racist ranter, Katie Hopkins for 50,000 Syrians.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/pe...-a2927656.html
    Last edited by Dante Von Hespburg; September 06, 2015 at 07:06 AM.
    Absolutley Barking, Mudpit Mutt Former Patron: Garbarsardar

"Out of the crooked tree of humanity,no straight thing can be made." Immanuel Kant
    "Oh Yeah? What about a cricket bat? That's pretty straight. Just off the top of my head..." Al Murray, Pub Landlord.

My taxes are well spent on migrants, money for development and rescuing Christians out of Aleppo. If I win the lottery I will check this thread again.
    Last edited by Flavius Julius Nepos Augustus; September 06, 2015 at 04:06 AM.
    454-480 Western Roman Politics (Article)
    There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so. - W. Shakespeare
    We (...) have converted the miracles of science into a chamber of horrors -R. Hull

USA knew how to gain a victory, but not how to use it - F.J. Nepos
    You will be ruled by either a crown, a clown, or a crook, and democracy assures that you won't get the first one.

Dante Von Hespburg's Avatar Sloth's Inferno
    took an arrow to the knee

Thread moved from the Mudpit to the TD as it'll be more appropriate there mate.
    House of Caesars: Under the Patronage of Char Aznable

Proud Patron of the roguishly suave Gatsby

I dislike the UNHCR, their unrealistic ideology and I believe their methods and solutions actually contribute a lot to anti-immgirants sentiments. I'll donate stuff to the nearby church that hosts some Syrians. At least I know they'll be used well.

Being a gaming community I will draw attention to the game This War of Mine, which is not only excellent but will allow you to buy some DLC that donates $1.25 to the War Child charity:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/282070/

http://www.catchnews.com/football-ne...441459892.html

F.C. Porto call to UEFA, so people can donate by buying Champions league tickets. Several other European champion league clubs already joined in the initiative.

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

Don't know if it's related but, as Ferrets said, we are a gaming community and Humble Bundle are doing a Paradox Interactive "Build your own bundle" today. 82% off if you buy 3 games, 86% if you buy 4 and 90% if you buy 5. You can also choose from a long list of charities to donate 10% of the price to.

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/b...oxinteractive/

I just made a bundle of 5 games and chose the War Child charity.
    Last edited by ccllnply; September 07, 2015 at 04:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ccllnply View Post
    Don't know if it's related but, as Ferrets said, we are a gaming community and Humble Bundle are doing a Paradox Interactive "Build your own bundle" today. 82% off if you buy 2 games, 86% if you buy 4 and 90% if you buy 5. You can also choose from a long list of charities to donate your 10% to.

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/b...oxinteractive/

I just made a bundle of 5 games and chose the War Child charity.

classical_hero's Avatar Senator

Why not stop it att the source?

Col. Tartleton's Avatar Comes Limitis

Helping people is a scam. I won't have any part in this.

Unless she's hot and willing to sleep with me. In which case I will acknowledge the crisis and give her refuge.
    The Earth is inhabited by billions of idiots.
    The search for intelligent life continues...

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

Quote Originally Posted by classical_hero View Post
    Why not stop it att the source?
    Because while the average person has the means to donate a small percentage of their income to charity, they generally don't have the means to launch a large scale military operation in the Middle East and North Africa to end multiple civil wars and defeat ISIS.

Quote Originally Posted by Col. Tartleton View Post
    Helping people is a scam. I won't have any part in this.

Unless she's hot and willing to sleep with me. In which case I will acknowledge the crisis and give her refuge.
    You seem to be looking for a hot woman a lot, need a date to something?

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

Shouldnt the UN be attacking ISIS? Or are they waiting for all refugees to leave so they can bomb the middle east when only those ISIS Wacko's remain?

Comes Domesticorum

The UN, famous for its military capabilities?

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

The nations who are members had armies last I checked.