Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1800 work in progress.

Default Re: 1800 work in progress.

My apologies, I confused Niagra with Cayuga. Much of that territory and what the game calls The Algonquin Territory was ceded to the Iroquois in 1794 with the treaty of Canandaigua. So...not sure who should control it. The US or the Iroquois, I guess.

Hi Snake!

Very interesting feedback. Thank you. I think some of the changes you have proposed can be done, as dismounting militia, marines into land battles (their models are already in the ships so they can be used to make them as a land unit), better initial ports and so. Of course a revision of the map about regional ownership too.

About the turns per year, it is 12 turns per year, so the units that last 6 turns last 6 months to be recruited. So land units are more adjusted than naval ones, anyway making ships last two or three years to be built, so 24 or 36 turns, would make the gameplay drop quite much so it is for this reason that ship last this amount of time.

In US units case, once you have researched Total War Army technology you can recruit regular units all over the place and also they only last 4 months instead of 6 of the initial regular units.
    Last edited by Bethencourt; January 10, 2017 at 01:27 PM.

Good point about ships. I had not considered that.

anyway, I am very much enjoying the mod. Like I said, this is the one I've been waiting for. The Units are fantastically detailed, and I like the morale and accuracy changes. Well done, and thank you.

Update. Been continuing to play, mostly as the US (Homer). Still incapable of recruiting any troops of any kind Outside of present American territories at the start of the game.

I do not understand the limit on American rifleman and light troops in general. I prefer to use 3 regiments of skirmishers per division, not to mention garrisons. Also, the same for militia. Maybe still have a limit on militia, but make it larger, especially in the states.

i, unlike the majority of ETW Players, like forts. Aside from the realistic nature placing forts in strategic locations, I find siege assault, and especially Defense fun. That said, we can't fortify cities directly, although it does force me to build forts at the approaches to Cities. Kind of makes it more interesting, so not so bad. Can we get the computer to build and use forts?

as the line infantry progress from the Legionarre era to the War era,they actually get wore at meele by a point. Not sure if that's intentional.

to my knowledge, the US Army in the War of 1812 had no medium or light Dragoons, though the regular Dragoons seem to be equipped as light Dragoons, so fair enough.

the US has no Grenadier regimentsir regular light infantry. Though, I'm not sure the US had regular, non-rifled light infantry evenin light companies in line regiments.

US Ships we're generally painted black with solid white bands, a-la Constitution. Though, I base that on paintings.

britain starts out with no troops in India. At all. Or, anything bigger than a 4th rate. The other countries seem not to have any real ships-of-the-line. Also, 9 First rates seems excessive. Maybe two or 3 at most, and only one Heavy first rate as they were all very expensive and rare.

The computer refuses to repair it's ships, though that's always been true.

The computer does not invest a large (or seemingly small either) amounts of money on economic improvements. Not sure why. This includes trade ships.

Gibraltar is named Cadiz, and unfortified and ungarrisoned.

The computer relies heavily on cavalry, though that's always been true. Put infantry in square,and they are slaughtered.

the mod is very stable. The uniforms are very detailed and gorgeous. The alterations to unit morale are solid. I would actually keep the differences in uniforms between eras. That way, you can chose your favorite. Like I said earlier, dry much enjoying the mod. Well done.

Foederatus

Hi! Do you have any news/update on a further release?

i have 2 question about the beta 2 version, why all the grenadier can not throw the grnade (the icon is missing) and what is the "1800loc.pack". thank you guys in advanced, really love this mod

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

Any new cool things to see here mate?

Retaking the work, this is the late Bavarian Infantry, first look of it.

Last edited by Bethencourt; June 23, 2017 at 04:22 PM.

Im glad to see this mod not abandoned beth. Total wars have always been these odd games that just call back to us every few months, havent they.

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

Welcome back to it mate!

Moved to Beta II

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12