Thread: Governors -% Empire Maintenance Effect calculated wrong!

Default Governors -% Empire Maintenance Effect calculated wrong!

I have two governors deployed in two difference provinces and they both currently have the Public Orator and Political Reformer skills, which should give each of them -3% to Empire Maintenance or -6% together. Looking at my province detail panel it still says -10.7% and after skilling the governors, its says +10.1%! It's applying -0.3% instead of -3%. I even calculated my province income manually to make sure its not just a display error and it really only subtracts 0.3%!

This must be a bug/wrong implementation.

Default Re: Governors -% Empire Maintenance Effect calculated wrong!

Also, would be nice if these two sites could update their info, they display different effects which are not up to date.

http://www.honga.net/totalwar/rome2/...type=dignitary
    (shows wrong empire maintenance amount)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...=2&pli=1#gid=3
    (shows corruption instead of empire maintenance)

Senator

Don't quote me on this, but the -% that the governors give is not a direct deduction, if the empire maintenance is -10% and your two governors give -6%, it does not leave you with a -4% empire maintenance.
    I think it works like this, if your empire maintenance is -10%, then the -6% applies as a percentage of the -10%, so if I get it right, the -6% would really be 0.6%, making the empire maintenance -9.4%

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

Yes. The mathematic system in Rome 2 doesnt really make sense and you will therefore at times have difficulties figuring out the exact penalty or bonus.
    Honga has nothing to do with us and you should ask him to update it.

A lot of games^ does this.
    If the governer skill applies,you might be left with almost no empire maintenance at all.

but it at its current stage it seems useless in the extreme.I'm not even sure the governer will even make back its recruitment cost in taxes before it dies of old age.

something like 6% or 8% would per lv of skill/trat would be a more reasonable proposition.

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

But you also need to consider all the other places where you can decrease it. And if the governor gives 6-8% decrease pr. level, generals also decrease it, admirals, techs etc. Suddenly the bonus will be gone and wont have the needed effect. Its more complicated than just looking at a single unit.