Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: IMPERIA ET BARBARI presentation and feedback

billydilly's Avatar Senator

Default Re: IMPERIA ET BARBARI - a major overhaul modification of Attila Total War. Initial release v1.0, 2016-03-04

Fair enough.

How compatible is you mod to smaller mods like these:
    - War Weariness: Attila Campaign
    - More Barricades & Deployables
    - Ammunition Refill
    - Less Reliable Autoresolve
    - Transports Only Through Ports
    - Sebidee's Unlimited Governors

They seem to work with most mods.

EDIT: Just started a campaign and they seem to work. Haven't tried a battle yet.
    Last edited by billydilly; March 06, 2016 at 11:45 AM.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700. GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Armor 8G. RAM: Corsair Vengance, 16Gb HD: Kingston SSD 240Gb (System), Samsung 850 Evo SSD 500Gb (Steam), Western Digital 500Gb. PSU: Corsair CX600W

Linke's Avatar Hazarapatish

Default Re: IMPERIA ET BARBARI - a major overhaul modification of Attila Total War. Initial release v1.0, 2016-03-04

How nice to finaly see a full overhaul of Attila, I had long abandoned any hopes of ever playing the vanilla campaign, maybe this will make it possible (if I find the time). Great work already with the new factions!

Quote Originally Posted by billydilly View Post
    Fair enough.

How compatible is you mod to smaller mods like these:
    - War Weariness: Attila Campaign
    - More Barricades & Deployables
    - Ammunition Refill
    - Less Reliable Autoresolve
    - Transports Only Through Ports
    - Sebidee's Unlimited Governors

They seem to work with most mods.
    I don't know these mods, but from the heading it seems like they are compatible. Give it a try and let me know?

Quote Originally Posted by Linke View Post
    How nice to finaly see a full overhaul of Attila, I had long abandoned any hopes of ever playing the vanilla campaign, maybe this will make it possible (if I find the time). Great work already with the new factions!
    So did I, which is the reason for this mod

Thanks a lot
    iutland

Mod promises to be great, but please add Roxolani, Budini, Angles and Armenia factions to this mod.

Linke's Avatar Hazarapatish

Armenia is added didn't you see?

Quote Originally Posted by Linke View Post
    Armenia is added didn't you see?
    Ok. My mistake xD

Is it possible to add some new music tracks to the game with this mod ?.

There is any way to keep the new unit english names while playing with other localization?? I play in spanish and all these names are blank

Any view to remove unit shield wall or shield screen / make ai use them. It just seems silly only player can/will use these.

Quote Originally Posted by Luther93 View Post
    Ok. My mistake xD

Is it possible to add some new music tracks to the game with this mod ?.
    As Linke said, Armenia is playable. Budini is used for Avars. Iazyges is selected as Sarmatian faction and the problem is that you can only have 6 factions for each culture unless you modify the UI layout in the campaign selection screen. Therefore I have no plans to make additional factions playable at the moment, but will keep your request in mind.

Problem with sound tracks is that they need to be copyright free if they are to be included. I don't possess such files.

Thank you
    iutland

Quote Originally Posted by Cochus1 View Post
    There is any way to keep the new unit english names while playing with other localization?? I play in spanish and all these names are blank
    I will make language UPCs later on. For now you can change your Attila language in Steam by right clicking Total War: Attila - the select properties - under language change it to English. You can always revert back to Spanish. Anyways, it seems like your Engilsh skills are good

Quote Originally Posted by N0vaxz View Post
    Any view to remove unit shield wall or shield screen / make ai use them. It just seems silly only player can/will use these.
    I will take a look at it before next update.

@Shieldwall/Screen: The thing that clinches it for me is that you have to configure things around the capability of one mode or the other - if infantry are configured around having shield wall on, then they are weaker than they should be on the attack (because it's very difficult to attack from that mode, and the only methods for doing so take away all charge bonus), or if they are configured around the standard mode, they are more powerful than they ought to be if you manage to get the set formation to work for you - when it doesn't seem like it's actually modeling a thing that was 'toggled' in battles, any more than hoplites would enter and exit phalanx formation during a battle. I'd much rather see close order infantry be in their proper fighting formation at all times and balanced accordingly. That gets you some questionable results when applied to situations like walls combat, but the shield-wall ability is just clunky in a way that doesn't feel realistic, and isn't particularly fun besides.

Shield Screen, on the other hand, I quite like the way you set it up as a concept for troops that were too inexperienced to articulate effectively and could only stay coherent in a static position - but the AI doesn't know how to handle it, so alas.

I have one simple question.why are the factions makouria and axum only have a very limited roster?

Quote Originally Posted by theredviper07 View Post
    I have one simple question.why are the factions makouria and axum only have a very limited roster?
    Good question. I'm not a fan of fantasy units, which is why wouldn't add more in the first release. It is planned to include additional units for most factions (including Aksum and Makouria) in IEB 1.1. So I need to research a bit first

MitchXIII's Avatar Foederatus

Congratz on getting hosted Will be keeping a close eye on the updates of this mod.

Semisalis

Looks really interesting. Appreciate your hard work to create this mod, looking forward to playing it to enjoy attila total war once again fresh!

Great work so far. I've started an ERE campaign and battles are really well balanced. Really enjoying them.

Wonderful work and excellent mod!
    I started as the Banu Lakhm and it is one of the greatest experience I had with Attila so far!
    Thank you so much bro and keep up the good work.

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Are you going to include this on steam?
    EDIT: I see you've already answered this.
    Last edited by Ferdiad; March 12, 2016 at 08:26 PM.

Zaar's Avatar Semisalis

Kære Iutland, i am still thankful for your awesome NTW Mod and i was hoping for a ATW overhaul and always looking for the big projects.... but you!! made it again
    I will give it a try as soon i am back from vacation.... damn i hope it will be over soon just kidding
    So thanks and Rep to bring in some fresh air.... it´s a total need here
    btw: do i have to have those 2 dlc`s, i am still boykotting this DLC policy but this charlamagne seems to be a real addon, right? so i might get it if its worth it.
    Med de bedste ønsker
    Last edited by Zaar; March 13, 2016 at 06:31 AM.

Great Job! Wanted to ask whether WRE and ERE gives some fight in your mod, as it really bothers me in vanilla that these factions are such pushovers. Thanks!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast