View Poll Results: Pick your favorite submission!!!

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Submission 1

1 12.50%
  • Submission 2

3 37.50%
  • Submission 3

1 12.50%
  • Submission 4

2 25.00%
  • Submission 5

1 12.50%

Thread: GW's Monthly Graphics Competition #223 [Carnival] VOTE!

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Default GW's Monthly Graphics Competition #223 [Carnival] VOTE!

Creative Workshop Competitions << Picture of the Week | Unedited Screenshot of the Week | Graphics Competition | Tale of the Week >>

Graphics Competition
    Carnival

Time to vote peoples! Pic your favorite!

"Members may only vote once and cannot vote for their own work. If you do vote for yourself your submission will be disqualified."
    "You may not advertise your work, if you do so, your submission will be disqualified"

Submissions

Submissions

Submission 1

Submission 2

Submission 3

Submission 4

Submission 5

Last edited by Lifthrasir; March 13, 2016 at 10:47 AM.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Shankbot de Bodemloze's Avatar From the Writers Study!
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Default Re: GW's Monthly Graphics Competition #223 [Carnival] VOTE!

Voted, best of luck to everyone.
    THE WRITERS' STUDY | THE TRIBUNAL | THE CURIA | GUIDE FOR NEW MEMBERS

PROUD PATRON OF JUNAIDI83, VETERAAN & CAILLAGH
    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF MEGA TORTAS DE BODEMLOZE

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

I must say... it was very difficult to pick my favorite! *Lost my mind for while*... but, after long waiting, thinking and observing.... I voted.

Aanker's Avatar Concordant

Alright, I voted for number 4 and here is my critique:

Pieces 1-3 have been composed excellently. Amongst them I would consider entry #2 superior but I think they all narrowly failed to capture the essential cacophonic, jubilant and festive elements of the theme (a Google search for 'carnival' yields the public image of what the theme entails). I think this applies especially for entries #1-2 which seem rather low key, and while they were the best entries from a purely artistic perspective I think their creators may have relied too much on haze and mystery over (admittedly risky) contrast and colour. For a masquerade theme, I would have picked either of them. For carnival, I think no entry better captures the theme than #4. #3 was good but I still think it lacked the action of #4. #5 may need more cohesiveness, the components seem pulled apart and should perhaps be composed more coherently. My reasoning mostly went along the lines of: 'if I was creating a web page for a carnival, which banner would I prefer?'. It was a difficult choice!

Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    Russia have managed to weaponize the loneliest and saddest people on the internet by providing them with (sometimes barechested) father figures whom they can adhere to in order to justify their hatred for the current establishment and the society that rejects them.

UNDER THE PROUD PATRONAGE OF ABBEWS
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10

y2day's Avatar TWC STORE NOW OPEN!
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Thank you Aanker for taking the time to write a proper critique! While not required it is certainly appreciated. Since you took the time I will contribute a few words myself.

Number 1 I loved the blending. It shows the experience of the creator as each aspect is combined just enough and the simple text effect is ... well effective. Nice work!
    Number 2 The most beautiful piece in my opinion! The haze as (Aanker phrased it) is done a little too much. I love the lighting and "feel" of the piece but would loved to have seen the details a bit sharper. I think it would have added to the "tragedy". Nice work!
    Number 3 .... hmmm. Nice submission I guess. Good colors, but not sure I really like the text. I feel less could be more in this case or maybe more should have been more concerning the text and effect. Nice work.
    Number 4 The first thing that jumps at me besides the obvious is the border or lack of. If going for the faded border I would have done it up a bit more. Of course that is just me, besides my personal preferences in a piece... My eyes seemed to have a hard time knowing what to focus on first. Concentrated chaos came to mind. I like the different effects for sure. Nice work!
    Number 5 I wish it was bigger. Size does matter, just ask any woman that wont lie to you. lol From what I can see I like it. Loved what you did with the text. Still it leaves me wanting more. For sure nice work!

Voted! - Hard pick this comp! Like Aanker I try to find the best piece that fits the theme. Great work everyone! As for my critiques please take it with a grain of salt, if you take the time to read it. I have a hard time looking at a piece and not thinking how I would have done something different or what I would have done to "finish" it. I have a hard time finishing my own work. I don't think I'm ever happy or really finished with anything lol. I usually just get tired of messing with it and just upload it so I will leave it alone. And that perspective isn't the best way to judge a piece. Really good to see some top quality submissions! TWC is just so talented for sure. I do truly hope others will take the time to join us next time! I know you guys are out there!

y

TWC Graphics Workshop Art Competition!!!
    MEMBER OF THE IMPERIAL HOUSE OF HADER

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Thanks for your critics, really appreciated
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Indefinitely Banned

Hard pick between #3 and #4.