Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Unlock non-playable factions with Assembly Kit and PFM

Default Re: Unlock non-playable factions with Assembly Kit and PFM

Avoid mixing tables, otherwise it will give you errors or directly a "crash". And if they are just to add something, with the new lines and different name. Observe other mods. What can't be mixed, are the "start_pos" tables.
    Last edited by Miguel_80; January 06, 2018 at 11:53 AM.

Oh ok and if i for example subscribe to a mod which add some units and an other mod that change moral settings,... which is not in the unit pack will the changes of morale,... be applied for unit pack or it's data morale settings for unit pack?

exemple:a non-radious unit pack with radious mod which change all the game.i'm trying to understand if radious have effects on unit pack or it's still data.pack. (thanks to give some times for my questions)

I don't know what to explain exactly. Download the PFM, look at the Radius mod files and their changes. I think you're getting to the point where you have to modify the mod yourself and modify it to your liking; use as a base the mod that best suits your tastes and then add things and modify to your whim, but do not mix tables; and if you had to do it you change the name (a simple tagline in front). By the way, the moral atribute is in "main_units" or "land_units", if I remember correctly... But above all avoid mixing tables and the "startpos.esf" is sacred. If you make an error, you will have to modify it as in the Empire or Napoleon; the old-fashioned way. That's why I did this tutorial... sometimes for a little mistake you have to create the whole mod again. And because at the beginning of release AttilaTW, the BOB failed a lot, and it had to be modified "in the old way"

So use new units mod (just new units without other changes)with a mod like radious isn't a good idea?I know that stats,... are not adapted but i'd like that a mod like radious which change a lot of things of the vanilla apply the changes to new units pack.
    Thank you a lot miguel!
    Last edited by elinath; January 08, 2018 at 03:46 PM.

Hello Miguel !

What can i do with "DY_YOUR_HOUSE" problem, IF i use a already modded startpos.esf ? I playing now with "1295 AD" (AOC campaign) and i want play with Venice. I have done with make this faction playable, but the dy_your_hause is poblem . i see your advice/tutorial, but i think is work only with a vanilla startpos file .

Hello. The mod that you mention, Have you created it? Do you have the "political_parties" tables, etc, in the Assembly Kit? If the mod has been created by another user and can only be modified by the PFM, I don't know if it can be fixed.

It would be a matter of doing tests by copying this section from another faction and modifying the name.

Thx. Dude, ill make a try . if success report here.

Default Re: Unlock non-playable factions when Assembly Kit fails

Quote Originally Posted by Miguel_80 View Post
    Hello. It's not possible, you have all the modified files before compiling them. But, in the next version, I will probably change the "Avars" by "Theme of Sicily", it's a more interesting faction.
    What do you mean it isn't possible? I have done everything but the faction that I'm trying to unlock isn't showing up in the faction screen. What did I miss?Thanks.

Hello. What have you done exactly? Through what program are you modifying? Assembly Kit or Pack File Manager?

I'm using PFM to edit the mod. I followed the tutorial to try to unlock factions in Sebidees Age of Charlemagne unit overhaul.

Ok. Have you added and modified the "political_parties" and "faction_political_parties_junctions" tables?

Not yet.

You will have create them in Assembly Kit, create the "pack" file, extract them, and then add them to the mod.

Okay

The startpos.esf file was created in the Assembly Kit? Or you have modified it in the PFM?

I have modified the those two and transfer them to the mod. I have been modifying the startpos.esf with PFM. The faction still hasn't shown up. What do you think I missed?

Can you send me the "startpos.esf" file and the two tables? to see what happens.

Sure

Here is what I have so far.

I am currently trying to make the Theme of Sicily playable.
    Last edited by Jason Wolf; April 09, 2018 at 11:22 AM.

You haven't added the "political_parties" and "faction_political_parties_junctions" tables, so it's impossible appears the faction of Sicily. I will fix it, but, edit the post and delete the link please, since this mod is only found in the Steam Workshop by the creator's own will.
    Last edited by Miguel_80; April 09, 2018 at 10:05 AM.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast