Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Empire United: An AoR submod for Call Of Warhammer (EMPIRE CITY STATES & ALL PROVINCES released) + Screenshots

Icon3 The Empire United: An AoR submod for Call Of Warhammer (EMPIRE CITY STATES & ALL PROVINCES released) + Screenshots

Hey all,

Due to various factors in my personal life it will be likely that my mod will not be receiving an update anytime soon. The mod isn't dead; it's just that progress is very slow. So now I am going to upload what I have done for the mod so far, sort of like a beta. This way, you can check out what I have done so far ingame.

Below are the complete state troop rosters for Wissenland, Reikland and Ostland. I have also done all of the other Empire provinces but they still need some work, so they won't be here.

Download : http://www.mediafire.com/file/6gec75..._unit_pack.zip

Update : Here are the complete troop rosters for the rest of the Empire provinces (except Ostermark). Installation is the same process.
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/vbl3rt...ck_%282%29.zip

Update 2 : Here are the troop rosters for the City States and the provinces of Solland and Sylvania. This is nowhere near a complete troop roster, and I am still debating whether or not to make full unit rosters for these provinces and the City States, as the current unit roster is in my opinion sufficient enough to satisfy both gameplay and lore needs. But leave a comment expressing your opinion if you want.
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/ffontk...ck_%283%29.zip

Installation Instructions :
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Part 1:

1: Download the required files from Mediafire
    2: Open your BoTeT directory (right click the game icon on your desktop and select "open file location")
    3: Open the "data" folder
    4: Open the "export_descr_unit.txt" file
    5: From the downloaded WinRaR file, copy the contents of the downloaded "EDU.txt".
    6: In the
    "export_descr_unit.txt" file, paste what you have copied at the bottom of the file. (For easier removal)

Part 2:
    1: In the BoTeT directory, find the "unit_models" folder.
    2: Open the "battle_models.modeldb" file using Notebook. (add the file suffix .txt at the end of the file name)
    3: From the downloaded WinRaR file, copy the contents of the downloaded "modelDB.txt" EXCEPT for the number "25" on the first line.
    4:
    In the "battle_models.modeldb" file, paste what you have copied at the bottom of the file.
    5: Scroll to the very top of the "battle_models.modeldb" file. You will see something like this: <22 serialization::archive 3 0 0 0 0 1051 0 0>
    6: For the four-digit number second from the right, change the number from <1051> to <1076>, or just add 25 onto the number you see.
    7: Save and close the
    "battle_models.modeldb" file. Remember to remove the ".txt" suffix after you finish.

Part 3:
    1: Follow this file path: COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times\data\unit_models\_units\warhammer\empire\model
    2:
    From the downloaded WinRaR file, open the "Unitmodels" folder.
    3: Open the files and copy their contents to the respective folders. For example, the contents in the "Archers" file should be copied into the "Empire_archers" file.
    - Contents of "Pikemen" -> "Empire_Pikemen"
    - Contents of "Crossbowmen" -> "Empire_crossbowmen"
    etcetera

Part 4:
    1: Follow this file path: COW_Beginning_Of_The_End_Times\data\unit_models\_units\warhammer\empire\model\PROVINCES
    2: From the downloaded WinRaR file, open the "Textures" folder.
    3: Just select everything in the "Textures" folder and copy them into the "PROVINCES" location. (From the file path)
    4: Accept any prompts for file overwrites. (There shouldn't be any.)

Screenshots :
    Swordsmen

Last edited by 27731300; January 30, 2017 at 11:11 AM. Reason: update

Default Re: The Empire United: An AoR submod for Call Of Warhammer

BoTeT Changelog

So I've decided to make this sub-mod compatible with Beginning of the End Times. The original idea is still here (see below post for details), but due to the very limited amount of slots left in the EDU, some changes have been made to the unit system. There will be provincial roster of core troops, and when you have fulfilled all the requirements, you will be able to recruit the 'professional' State Troops, which are better armored and better trained at the cost of higher upkeep and cost. This is still work in progress, but I've managed to take some screenshots of the unit variants below.

Provincial Swordsmen:

Provincial Spearmen:

Provincial Halberdiers:

Provincial Greatswords:

Upgrade 1:

Provincial Missile Units:

Archers:

Handgunners:

State Troops:
    Swordsmen:

Upgrade 1:

Upgrade 2:

Halberdiers:

Upgrade 1:

Upgrade 2:

Previous CoW 1.5 version

Mod Overview;

Basically what this mod does is unite all the different Empire provinces into one great big Empire faction, while trying to provide a realistic but lore-friendly experience at the same time. While the entire Empire is under player control, you will be still be able to recruit faction-specific units like the Hochland Handgunners of Hochland via an AoR system in the original 'home' regions for those units, for example like the Carroburg Greatswords only being recruitable in the Reiksland regions. Also included in the AoR system is the ability to recruit the 'core' units of the different Empire factions like Swordsmen with their specific faction uniform. For example in Reiksland you can train swordsmen etc. wearing the uniform of Reiksland.

Here you can see a regiment of Averland swordsmen next to some Talabecland swordsmen, with Ostland troops in the background

So in a nutshell, you will be playing as the Empire, possessing all its territories, and in those regions where the various Empire provinces are situated you will be able to recruit faction-specific units and state troops wearing the colors of that province.

Occupation mechanics:
    As a result of the AoR system, the provincial state troops will only be available in the Empire 'home' provinces. So when you capture those Beastmen strongholds or other human settlements like the Sylvanian or Kislevite cities, you will be able to recruit from a roster of generic Empire troops. Reconquered rebel settlements within the Empire will allow you to recruit units with the uniform variant of the Empire province that it technically belongs to (like being able to recruit the Nordland variant of the state troops in Marienburg), but you will be only able to recruit the generic Empire units in all other settlements. These generic Empire state troops will have overall lower stats than their provincial counterparts, but this is compensated by lower cost and upkeep.

Empire Halberdiers

Greatswords

Crossbowmen

Archers

These units will be recruitable from tier 3 barracks and above. Also, they will not have gunpowder variants like Pistoliers or Handgunners.
    (More screens coming soon
    )
    Campaign Map preview:
    A look at the recruitment system, which is btw still being worked on

A Hochland-Talabecland army

(old) Reiksland army

Starting garrison at Salzenmund. There is also some Middenland units in the city

Version compatibility:
    I am currently working in this mod on the 1.5.1 version, but I will probably make it for 1.6 when it comes out. Unfortunately, this mod is not possible for CoW: Beginning of the End Times, as there are not enough unit slots left in that version. Unless others find a way to overcome the 500 unit limit, or discover a
    workaround for the unit limit, this mod will probably be restricted to 1.5 and 1.6 as future version of CoW will have less and less unit slots as more features are added.
    Possible future features:
    -Sylvanian units variants: There are already Sylvanian variants of the Empire state troops for the Vampire Counts in CoW, so this should be simple
    -Faction specific officers: All the provincial units all currently have the Reiksland varients for the officers, so I should probably make it so that each provincial-type unit has the officers of its faction.

I finally got around to uploading the mod at last. Installation instructions are included in the download file.
    Enjoy...
    Link:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/ok...re_AoR_mod.rar
    If you find any bugs or crashes possibly caused by the mod, or if you want to see a feature included in possible later versions of the mod, please feel free to post them on this thread

Sorry if this post was really confusing
    , as it is still very much a WiP and there are a lot of things I have yet to straighten out. Also please provide feedback as this is the most large-scale mod I have attempted and I will probably get a lot of stuff wrong

Finished AoR system:
    Ranged Units recruitment:

Infantry recruitment

New Empire artillery crew uniforms. I based them on the Empire uniforms in Warhammer: Total War, the color scheme of which looks quite nice actually. There will only be one variant for all the Empire artillery so far, as there is not going to be enough unit slots.

Units with their province-specific officers
    Nordland Greatswords:

Stirland Ranged Units:

Ostland Spearmen:

I was thinking of re-doing all the skins for the generic Empire units and change them to look more like the uniforms in Total War Warhammer.
    Something like this:

Last edited by 27731300; October 19, 2016 at 04:36 AM.

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

This is a very cool option for people, 27731300 .

Fighting against this Empire would be terrifying

Interesting!!! this is "Real Empire" , i think this mod's name should change to :" Empire : United we stand"

Quote Originally Posted by 27731300 View Post
    Version compatibility:
    I am currently working in this mod on the 1.5.1 version, but I will probably make it for 1.6 when it comes out. Unfortunately, this mod is not possible for CoW: Beginning of the End Times, as there are not enough unit slots left in that version. Unless others find a way to overcome the 500 unit limit, or discover a
    workaround for the unit limit, this mod will probably be restricted to 1.5 and 1.6 as future version of CoW will have less and less unit slots as more features are added.
    If I recall correctly, Beginning of The End Times 1.1 released with more free unit slots than the 1.6 beta, due to much better optimization. The buildings and mounts are much tighter, though. Keep in mind 1.6 is going to contain even more units than in the beta, too. That team has complained about hitting the limit already.

Personally, I'd say having so many redundant versions of the State Troops isn't ideal, as there's already a few unique units for each province to provide some distinction, and you already have the generic version of them all to use.

I'd love to see this for BoTET, and since you're going to have to decide whether you want 10+ versions of each unit or 1.6 compatibility anyway, I would say finding a way to cut down the number of slots you're trying to use would be better, and thus a BoTET version becomes workable, too. The mod has a great premise, but being limited to only 1.5.1 would be pretty sad.

Anyway, great work, hope I didn't sound too critical. It's your call on how you want to release it, and it looks awesome either way.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

can you make alternative version compatible whit botet by giving the generic state troop the same stats as the provincial ones and remove the provincial state troops aside from unique AOR troops of course?
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

WANT! So Bad! Hope its compatible with Kahvi's Mercenaries mod! Would love to see a version for COW: Beginning of The End Times as well!

Yes,you are right. This mod is largely aesthetic, but I guess(?) thatmaking the Empire look good is the point of this mod. I will try tomake some minor stat changes to the state troops so they will have apurpose other than being eye candy on the battlefield and campaignmap, but IMO the generic version just doesn't look as nice. By that Imean it can't bring out the diversity of uniforms that is one of theEmpire's notable characteristics. But I will try to find a compromiseeither way. I could try using scripting to make a workaround but thatwill be hard, seeing that I don't know anything at all about scriptmechanics.

If I recall correctly, Beginning of The End Times 1.1 released with more free unit slots than the 1.6 beta, due to much better optimization..
    If i recall correctly, your 1.0.1 version has 15 free slots in EDU, while in our latest 1.6 beta version 19. And we did not touch chaos units variations yet. Just to clarify. Btw, this submod seem like good resolve for those, who want some less diverse in Empire factions. Keep it up.

(redundant)
    Last edited by 27731300; July 01, 2016 at 04:03 AM.

This Mod for End Times Submod too ?

I don't think this will be compatible with BoTET and 1.6 due to not enough unit slots left

(redundant)
    Last edited by 27731300; July 01, 2016 at 04:06 AM.

Domesticus

Mod Overview;

Basically what this mod does is unite all the different Empire provinces into one great big Empire faction, while trying to provide a realistic but lore-friendly experience at the same time. While the entire Empire is under player control, you will be still be able to recruit faction-specific units like the Hochland Handgunners of Hochland via an AoR system in the original 'home' regions for those units, for example like the Carroburg Greatswords only being recruitable in the Reiksland regions. Also included in the AoR system is the ability to recruit the 'core' units of the different Empire factions like Swordsmen with their specific faction uniform. For example in Reiksland you can train swordsmen etc. wearing the uniform of Reiksland.

Here you can see a regiment of Averland swordsmen next to some Talabecland swordsmen, with Ostland troops in the background

So in a nutshell, you will be playing as the Empire, possessing all its territories, and in those regions where the various Empire provinces are situated you will be able to recruit faction-specific units and state troops wearing the colors of that province.

Occupation mechanics:
    As a result of the AoR system, the provincial state troops will only be available in the Empire 'home' provinces. So when you capture those Beastmen strongholds or other human settlements like the Sylvanian or Kislevite cities, you will be able to recruit from a roster of generic Empire troops. Reconquered rebel settlements within the Empire will allow you to recruit units with the uniform variant of the Empire province that it technically belongs to (like being able to recruit the Nordland variant of the state troops in Marienburg), but you will be only able to recruit the generic Empire units in all other settlements. These generic Empire state troops will have overall lower stats than their provincial counterparts, but this is compensated by lower cost and upkeep.

Empire Halberdiers

Greatswords

Crossbowmen

Archers

These units will be recruitable from tier 3 barracks and above. Also, they will not have gunpowder variants like Pistoliers or Handgunners.
    (More screens coming soon
    )
    Version compatibility:
    Possible future features:
    -Sylvanian units variants: There are already Sylvanian variants of the Empire state troops for the Vampire Counts in CoW, so this should be simple
    -Faction specific officers: All the provincial units all currently have the Reiksland varients for the officers, so I should probably make it so that each provincial-type unit has the officers of its faction.

Download coming soon (hopefully)

Sorry if this post was really confusing
    , as it is still very much a WiP and there are a lot of things I have yet to straighten out. Also please provide feedback as this is the most large-scale mod I have attempted and I will probably get a lot of stuff wrong

In the future we will work on submod COW: Beginning of The End Times, to have a unique Empire faction?

With the ability to add more playable factions as Estalia, Tilea etc ...

I'm not quite sure what you mean by that, but I am not working with the people who made COW:BoTET. But I like the idea of playable Tilea and Estalia tho

All Previous Updates/Changes:
    One last unit to fill up the one remaining EDU slot.

Armor Upgrade:

The mod is nearly finished, expect a download soon

Alternate Wissenland uniforms:

The new look for the Wissenland halberdiers, now with a cuirass and different uniform facings, which I partly based off this picture here:

The unit itself:
    Last edited by 27731300; July 01, 2016 at 03:59 AM.

Default Re: The Empire United: An AoR submod for Call Of Warhammer (now working on BoTeT Compatibility)

Any news on the BoTeT update? Also, thought I'd let you know that I've notfied the moderators for you so that they can delete those "redundant" posts for you! Was also just wanting to ask, given that you're unfying the Empire, what will you be doing to ensure that the player can't just rush/rofl stomp everything around it? Will you be adding any disadvantages? Lastly, I thought that the faction banner you chose was kind of out of place with the BoTeT style so I found this:

It obviously needs a resize and it is entierly up to you if you want to use it or not, but just thought I'd give you a look none the less. If you so wanted to, you could potentially cut out the edges and stick on the shield icons the game already uses, but again thats up to you!
    Last edited by isa0005; July 15, 2016 at 08:25 AM.

Default Re: The Empire United: An AoR submod for Call Of Warhammer (now working on BoTeT Compatibility)

I'll definitely try to incorporate your icon, and I agree that the current banner seems a bit out of place. Also, I was thinking of adding a sort of Empire secessionists faction like in Warhammer:TW. So the first dozen rounds or more will all be trying to unify your empire and such. Not to mention all those independent rebel settlements they crop up here and there. I'll try to balance out the gameplay for the Empire so that they don't turn out to be too OP

I wonder if would be perhaps possible to have like a shadow faction simmilar to Roma Surrectum that would take rebelling settlements maybe?

Also, perhaps you should re-enable to the spawning armies to really give the Empire a challenge? For example the Orc Waaaagh! That comes for Reikland?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast