Thread: COW:BoTET no beastmen?

Default COW:BoTET no beastmen?

I see there are beastmen included in Chaos rooster, which fact makes me very happy, but still that's the only thing I miss about old COW:CS. I liked those small encampments you had to be aware of as empire, scattered around the world map.
    No chance to bring them back, even as just AI faction? It'd be cool to have them somewhere near wood elves, they're meant to be their main opponents.

PS: An hour of playing as Tzentch went gone after I forgot that besieging other chaos settlements is... Huge mistake

Default Re: COW:BoTET no beastmen?

There are Beastmen in the Chaos roster. They have Ungors, Gors, Bestigors, Minotaurs, Harpies, Centigors, Chaos Hounds, and Giants. They exist both within each of the 4 main Chaos factions and Undivided, as well as Rebel subfaction spawns elsewhere. As a Chaos faction, when you go on a Chaos Incursion into The Empire, you can also grab Beastman mercenaries in the field to top up your army after taking losses.

We have plans for more Beastmen units, and more AI spawns to make them a bigger threat in The Empire, but we can't make anymore factions than what we have. Beastmen don't make sense as a playable faction in BoTET, because Beastmen don't manage taxes in cities and build buildings, they hate all society. In TW:W Beastmen can recruit and upgrade without owning any settlements by using stances, but Medieval 2 doesn't have such a system, so the best way to use them is how we are, in my opinion.

But if people really want a playable Beastmen faction in BoTET, then they're free to replace a faction with them. Their roster will be pretty weak, so you'll probably also want to delete some units to create more Beastmen ones.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiffOfGrapeshot View Post
    We have plans for more Beastmen units, and more AI spawns to make them a bigger threat in The Empire, but we can't make anymore factions than what we have. Beastmen don't make sense as a playable faction in BoTET, because Beastmen don't manage taxes in cities and build buildings, they hate all society.
    I'm fine with that, it'd be great to see them spawning in empire.
    Thanks for answer.

Foederatus

What I would like that Chaos factions can recruit beastmen as mercenaries in Empire area, aside as spawned scripts armies what I would like to see happen.

Or in early gameplay. When campaign starts just make rebels beastmen ready running around. For Empire and Wood Elfes nuisance. Easy and no scripting needs to be made.

Quote Originally Posted by Merkkari View Post
    What I would like that Chaos factions can recruit beastmen as mercenaries in Empire area, aside as spawned scripts armies what I would like to see happen.

Or in early gameplay. When campaign starts just make rebels beastmen ready running around. For Empire and Wood Elfes nuisance. Easy and no scripting needs to be made.
    All of that is already in, with more to be expanded on.