Thread: NTW3 6.0 - Release Notes & Download Links

Default NTW3 6.0 - Release Notes & Download Links

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Cosak
    Napoleonic Total War III version 6.0

1. Main features
      • 1015 units (360 new)
      • 159 historical generals (122 new)
      • 33 factions (4 new + 2 widely reshaped)
      • 55 scenarios (new feature)
      • Major gameplay changes (see details below)
      • This is MP-only mod for now; SP campaign will be released in a later patch, such as other submods.

2. New factions
      • France 1806: the strongest faction ever in NTW3, the unstoppable French army who rolled over Europe from 1805 to 1809; fast, strong, and no weaknesses.
      • Prussia 1806: a highly-trained army but stuck in the Seven Years' War warfare; this powerful army might be the best to hold the line but will quickly collapse as soon as breach is created.
      • Russia 1807: Kutuzov's army from Austerlitz to Friedland, reformed after Tilsit, relying on very strong artillery and heavy cavalry.
      • Saxony 1806: the old electorate of Saxony, still with a tradition for great horsemen.

3. Generals
      • All generals are now to be considered as usual units. They can fight (most of them very badly), they are vulnerable to round shots and musket fire, and the Lordz recommend to stop sparing your opponent's general like a holy being on the battlefield. Like in chess, protect your general if you don't want to lose.
      • Most general units are a small cavalry squadron with weak fighting stats, though not insignificant.
      • About 25% of generals are embedded in fightings units, mostly cavalry, some infantry, and very few artillery batteries. Except artillery generals, all of them can inspire and rally like any other generals. These embedded generals are very cost-effective but use them at your own risk: your only general will fight in the front line.

4. Infantry
      • Many battle mechanics have changed but the most important about infantry is the ability to form squares. In v6 only the very good or elite units are able to form squares. This crucial decision has been taken after many attempts to get rid of or bypass the meaningless instant-square in the NTW engine.
      • Any unit with the square ability will cost more. So if a nation has many units able to form squares, all these units will be significantly more expensive.
      • United Kingdom, Sweden and the French Imperial Guard are the most 'square-friendly' factions.
      • Ottomans and Saxony 1806 don't have any unit in their roster able to form a square.

5. Cavalry
      • Because of infantry's major change regarding squares, cavalry units are now smaller in numbers, and more vulnerable to artillery fire.
      • Elite heavy / medium / light cavalry run and charge faster than their regular fellows.
      • Militia infantry will very quickly rout against cavalry.

6. Artillery
      • Canister takes slightly longer to reload.
      • Round shots are far more powerful.
      • Only guard artillery units and heaviest guns have the "reload of fire" boost.

7. Scenarios
      • All of them (except for the "Lone Wolf" ones) are inspired by real battles (initial deploy zones, units), made to be played as regular MP battles.
      • Each scenario has a short description about its rules, displayed in the scenarios' menu. Most of them are LOC battles, 1 point per building, but some have specific rules of victory (ie. Krasnoie), and several requires one side to hold a pre-defined amount of buildings to win.
      • Each scenario's description also contains data on its armies' power. Some scenarios are exactly even in power, some aren't but this disbalance is usualyl compensated by favourable initial positions.
      • Most scenarios allow players to deploy their units before the battle starts in a limited space, but some scenarios (HB-related) have stricter rules and players can't move their units until the battle starts (ie. Austerlitz, Jena, Borodino). The Waterloo battles have specific rules of engagement.
      • Every faction in NTW3 appears at least once in a scenario, from a real battle, save from Sardinia.

8. Download & installation
    Last edited by Lancier; October 12, 2016 at 11:36 PM.
    TWC Co-founder The Wargaming Club

Default Re: NTW3 6.0 - Release Notes

Don't have an account on the forum, but do any of their changes apply to the campaign?

NTW3 Ver 6.0 Statistical index of Current SCENARIOS (by Lord Cosak)

Is there any plans to have the full Blood and Smoke mod? I love tweaking vanilla NTW3 ever since coming over from Darthmod, but I miss my fogbanks. Also, will there be a fix for volley fire in singleplayer?

I'm really excited about this, especially the scenarios with the predefined armies and deployment zones.

Shock'n'Awe's Avatar Civis

I only started playing this mod now, will I be able to download 6.0 thru here or moddb on the 21st?

Hey is Ntw3.5 the uniforms of Sardinia are glitched. Do you you think you can fix that in the new mod your making?

Protector's Avatar Senator

Thx for the new NTW3 version !

I have played NTW3 already for a couple of years now and I just got a new PC and installed a clean NTW. Now I installed the brandnew version NTW3.6 as instructed.

Compared to the former version its strange now....
    Did I miss the fact, that NTW3 SP is gone and not existing anymore in your latest version ? Because the main menu is vanilla style and no way to play all the different nations.

e.g.:
    For the SP campaign gameplay I miss the previous NTW3 launcher where I could do a few settings and where I got a huge choice of nations to play with for a SP campaign.
    Now the choice of nations is back to vanilla with 4 nations only (just in skirmish mode I got the new nations such as France 1805 and 1811, Hessen e.t.c.)

How to play France, do I really need to go through all the vanilla French Tutorial campaigns first ? And after that, what about all the other playable NTW3 nations ?

Btw
    for the NTW3 install I selected my language first (German) as instructed, but I dont have any unit or building descriptions ingame, so text is missing.

Thx in advance for any help or advice.
    Last edited by Protector; August 23, 2016 at 06:11 AM.

where is Ulm? Marengo? Rivoli? Hohenlinden?

Im sorry to say but the new scenarios are not good. Why remove the option to control the whole army yourself? The AI is terrible and tends to just sit at the back.

Shock'n'Awe's Avatar Civis

I believe the mod author said he would release a SP version down the line

zboia's Avatar Foederatus
    Cheagriv,OPILLIA,Halytschyna,Königreich Galizien und Lodomerien,Austro-Hungary empire

Sir's you can creat new campaign map similar to empire tw campaing map ? Add all turkey ,north africa...?

Seriously, I'm done with this group. Don't waste your breath.

Default Re: NTW3 6.0 - Release Notes & Download Links

Gentlemen, NTW3 Ver.7.0 is on 14th Oct. , probably you will find everything you want in there. ^^

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by zboia View Post
    Sir's you can creat new campaign map similar to empire tw campaing map ? Add all turkey ,north africa...?
    The campaign map is not editable... Imagine all the great mods we could do if it was... but no

zboia's Avatar Foederatus
    Cheagriv,OPILLIA,Halytschyna,Königreich Galizien und Lodomerien,Austro-Hungary empire

Sir thx for answer! you can add Family tree) similar to medieval II family tree?

Lord Davn's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by zboia View Post
    Sir thx for answer! you can add Family tree) similar to medieval II family tree?
    It can be done but it is very difficult to work with. The original NTW campaign does a fairly decent job of listing the historical characters for the time period.

THIS THREAD IS CLOSED, please try the new NTW3 v7.0 release.