Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: In only 7 years, Anders Breivik will have completed his minimum required punishment

Default In only 7 years, Anders Breivik will have completed his minimum required punishment

Anders Behring Breivik, Norway murderer, wins human rights case

A Different Justice: Why Anders Breivik Only Got 21 Years for Killing 77 People

Anders Breivik: Mass murderer 'to be allowed visits by his girlfriend' after human rights court win

A mass murderer responsible for killing 77 people in Norway just won part of a human-rights case against the government

Mass murderer Anders Breivik WINS lawsuit claiming his human rights were violated in prison because he was 'fed the same food two days in a row' and given a whole cellblock to himself

alrighty, gentlemen, ladies, and transgenders of the Mudpit

we are here today to come to terms with the idea that the next terrorist who ends up being captured alive, especially in Europe and rehabilitation-friendly Scandinavia, might get away with a minimum imprisonment length of a couple of years to a decade, they might be living way better and eating better than the bottom 20%, they might be getting loads of sex in prison, they might win human rights cases, they could become iconic rolemodels for future terrorists such as AfD supporter David Somboly whom went on a shooting spree in Munich, they could even write and sell their books and propaganda from prison

how do you feel about these revelations? does it make you reconsider the exalted European criminal justice system?

Default Re: In only 7 years, Anders Breivik will have completed his minimum required punishment

That he could be free in 7 years is a problem, but the rest you wrote is simply ridiculous. He was in solitary confinement for a long time especially because it was attested that he is in danger of committing suicide. Maybe students eat worse food in some cafeterias but except that its probably plain cantina food. Most people could cook better stuff with cheaper ingredients. As for Sex... probably not.

And i think the law system is still fine because he won't be out in 7 years. This regulations a thought for cases like the women in France who killed her husband after being literally tortured for decades. She had a singular reason for her crime and there every psychologist will judge that she won't do it again. In the case of Breivik it is clear that he is still a danger to the world and there are laws to prevent him to come out of prison. And even if he does after many more years you can be sure that the Police will stay in touch with him.

Proud to be a real Prussian.

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: In only 7 years, Anders Breivik will have completed his minimum required punishment

Okey the only thing that really grinds my gear...... Who the is willing enough to sleep with him? I mean he looks like what happens if a baby don't losses its baby fat.
    I mean it looks like life was just about to give him downs, but right in the end just gave him the looks of it.
    It just looks like his mother was trying to abort him with a shovel.
    And were does his neckbeard or hair begin, or is it the one and same??

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

Quote Originally Posted by Karnil Vark Khaitan View Post
    Okey the only thing that really grinds my gear...... Who the is willing enough to sleep with him? I mean he looks like what happens if a baby don't losses its baby fat.
    I mean it looks like life was just about to give him downs, but right in the end just gave him the looks of it.
    It just looks like his mother was trying to abort him with a shovel.
    And were does his neckbeard or hair begin, or is it the one and same??
    I donno if such remarks are allowed on these forums, i would be surprised if they were tbh.
    War is Hell, and I'm the Devil!

Well I'm sure he's really popular in Norway.

Quote Originally Posted by Karnil Vark Khaitan View Post
    Okey the only thing that really grinds my gear...... Who the is willing enough to sleep with him?
    Hybristophilia is a real thing. You can be as ugly and inbred as you want, if you've killed and/or raped lots of people, some women find that sexy. There was this case recently where a Swiss psychologist broke out a Syrian rapist (who was convicted of raping a 15-year-old, no less) and eloped with him. Fortunately, the police caught up with them in Italy. Unfortunately, neither of them was shot in the genitals, or savaged by a police dog, during the arrest.
    Even serial killers who've raped and murdered several women have female admirers. It's one of the reasons why you should never assume (like feminists do) that women are better people than men or even just morally superior.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by snuggans View Post

how do you feel about these revelations? does it make you reconsider the exalted European criminal justice system?
    I'm actually glad the Norwegians didn't let one mass murderer redefine their justice system. They proved they could endure an attack with their society intact.
    As for Brevik? Someone will probably off him once he gets out of prison.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

I highly doubt he is going to be released from prison after his next parole hearing. This guy is a political hot potato. They're probably going to keep him in the pen until he's an old man, which is unusual for the rehabilitative criminal justice system of Scandinavia in general, but some individuals are simply too dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    I'm actually glad the Norwegians didn't let one mass murderer redefine their justice system. They proved they could endure an attack with their society intact.
    As for Brevik? Someone will probably off him once he gets out of prison.
    Norwegian state will probably put him in some kind of protection program, where they'll hide his identity or location, at least that's what we did with Karla Hormolka. Hell, even Paul Bernardo might apparently get released soon.

We live in a world were suspected terrorists can be illegally detained in places like Guantanamo for years without trial or representation and proven terrorists are living in a tiny prison paradise at the same time...
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

swabian's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Actually i think it's hilarious. Liberalism trolling itself
    Last edited by swabian; August 13, 2016 at 10:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Arcturus Mengsk View Post
    We live in a world were suspected terrorists can be illegally detained in places like Guantanamo for years without trial or representation and proven terrorists are living in a tiny prison paradise at the same time...
    10/10 post

would they really have to redefine their entire justice system for terrorists? they would only have to change certain things with the most violent offenders, the rest of the system would be largely left intact

swabian's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Arcturus Mengsk View Post
    I don't really think it's all one and the same world and yes, that is a good thing.

would they really have to redefine their entire justice system for terrorists? they would only have to change certain things with the most violent offenders, the rest of the system would be largely left intact
    It would create a precedent, to be abused later. For example we let a serial killer after a few years in can so that people still do plea bargain in the future.
    We could have changed our laws ton prevent that, but that would make our justice system less effective. Same in Norway, where rehabilitation is the main focus.
    I mean Breivik doesn't need to be violent anymore. He will get released in few years, Norwegian state will ensure his safety, at that point he can just kick back, maybe right a book and live off royalties for the rest of his long happy life. Oh and he will probably be surrounded by hybistophillic women too, and those tend to be pretty hot.

Mithradates's Avatar Domesticus

Hes never gonna be released from prison, that 21 years wil be extended indefinitely.
    Its the same thing in the EU where no one can get the life sentence "for real" because taking away the hope of release from the criminals is "inhuman".

Quote Originally Posted by Mithradates View Post
    Hes never gonna be released from prison, that 21 years wil be extended indefinitely.
    Its the same thing in the EU where no one can get the life sentence "for real" because taking away the hope of release from the criminals is "inhuman".
    That pretty muchs sums it up. Nothing more to say.

Proud to be a real Prussian.

And then, it comes down to "who you consider the most violent offender". Sure, someone that mass murders 77 teens is an extremely dangerous person and qualifies. But once you start down the path that because of one such incident in 70 years you redefine your system you're hold thrall of sensational stories.

As for changing his name and putting him in protection programs: Now, that's wrong IMO. Unless they do that to every violent criminal that may face repercussions from his or her victims in order to protect the vengeful relative from throwing away his life, ending in prison, for revenge.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

they could become iconic rolemodels for future terrorists such as AfD supporter David Somboly whom went on a shooting spree in Munich, they could even write and sell their books and propaganda from prison
    David Somboly, the hidden child of Odin. For sure that guy will become the supreme moral reference for the next ten generations of neo-nazis...

As for changing his name and putting him in protection programs: Now, that's wrong IMO. Unless they do that to every violent criminal that may face repercussions from his or her victims in order to protect the vengeful relative from throwing away his life, ending in prison, for revenge.
    If criminal faces danger, state is obligated to protect him. Fact of the matter is, Breivik will probably under constant protection by state, just like Karla Hormolka here in Canada.
    Quote Originally Posted by VINC.XXIII View Post
    David Somboly, the hidden child of Odin. For sure that guy will become the supreme moral reference for the next ten generations of neo-nazis...
    Haha he also screamed "Allahu Akbar", which is common among "neo-nazis", right? Damn, our resident liberals are confused...
    Last edited by Heathen Hammer; August 13, 2016 at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    If criminal faces danger, state is obligated to protect him. Fact of the matter is, Breivik will probably under constant protection by state, just like Karla Hormolka here in Canada.
    Of course, but Breivik is in danger because he killed 6 dozen people and then some. Let him hear the music once this doesn't threaten the fabric of law and society. The state did well to not change the laws because of a wacko. But unless there are laws in place (that should be respected) that say the state should protect everyone from danger, he shouldn't be protected.

Anders Behring Breivik, Norway murderer, wins human rights case

A Different Justice: Why Anders Breivik Only Got 21 Years for Killing 77 People

Anders Breivik: Mass murderer 'to be allowed visits by his girlfriend' after human rights court win

A mass murderer responsible for killing 77 people in Norway just won part of a human-rights case against the government

Mass murderer Anders Breivik WINS lawsuit claiming his human rights were violated in prison because he was 'fed the same food two days in a row' and given a whole cellblock to himself

alrighty, gentlemen, ladies, and transgenders of the Mudpit

we are here today to come to terms with the idea that the next terrorist who ends up being captured alive, especially in Europe and rehabilitation-friendly Scandinavia, might get away with a minimum imprisonment length of a couple of years to a decade, they might be living way better and eating better than the bottom 20%, they might be getting loads of sex in prison, they might win human rights cases, they could become iconic rolemodels for future terrorists such as AfD supporter David Somboly whom went on a shooting spree in Munich, they could even write and sell their books and propaganda from prison

The European criminal justice system, I believe, is something you just made up.
    Anyway, besides that, the Norwegian criminal justice system (the only one to which this case really applies) uses a 'restorative' principle which, based on evidence, creates a society with less crime.
    I suppose I would prefer that to the American justice system, which tends to rely on incarcerating as many humans as possible to squeeze maximum profit out of them.
    This case does seem to point quite obviously to the downside of restorative justice though. As the Independent article there suggests, there is a kind of basic human desire for revenge in a justice system that could be equated to 'fairness' as a principle of justice. People want to see bad things happen to bad people so I suppose not getting that is the price of getting a society with less crime.
    “My grandad always said, "You should never judge a book by its cover." And it's for that reason that he lost his job as chair of the British Book Cover Awards panel.”
    Stewart Lee

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast