Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Seven Kingdoms - Official Screenshot & Media Thread

Default Re: Seven Kingdoms - Official Screenshot & Media Thread

I'm now working on fictional appearances for the minor Houses not featured in the TV series. I'm using a number of references for inspiration, everything from Star Wars and Braveheart to real-life armor, trying to balance it against the TV show aesthetics for a seamless art style.

These are the Oldtown Levies, a low-tier infantry unit of House Hightower (the Reach). As the richest / second richest House in Westeros alongside the Lannisters, they'll have a number of unique uniforms per unit type (e.g. full plate armor for the Knights).

Hello, I made Battle of the Bastards on this mod Enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by sandokan1610 View Post
    Good job, man!
    ---------------------------------Check out my mod --------------------------------

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Can I post my personal screenshots here, or only team ones?
    I was playing with animations (and quite a lot of other things) and managed to recreate the Battle of the Bastards scene where Jon is beating the absolute hell out of Ramsay.
    I'll probably release a few more screenshots tomorrow or something, I've kinda worked out how to isolate incredibly awesome looking animations.

http://imgur.com/a/tRnKQ

Battle of the Bastards

Blick Mang, good sir, these are absolute beasts...I mean great!

Are these your own designs or some source form GoT series?
    ---------------------------------Check out my mod --------------------------------

Amazing work!

Thank you!

Yes, my own designs since House Hightower isn't featured in the show. They're as wealthy as the Lannisters so I wanted them to be well-armored and uniform in appearance ("professional") but also with the plate metal style of the Reach. For the light units (see the screenshot at the top of the page) I went for a more scholarly/wizardy look with the uniform, combined with the armor style of the English troops in Braveheart. Overall, it's a very medieval looking army and you can tell they have money. Hopefully doesn't stray too far from what they'd theoretically look like in the show.

WIP of the Dothraki

Teutonic's Avatar Ordinarius

Brilliant work! The show designs made things quite hard for you when non-show factions are concerned (instead of more straight forward European medieval look of the books) but so far it looks great. As do the Dothraki!

The Second Sons

Are you going to include other playable free companies and divide Dothraki' unit roster into khalasars? (questions from polish TW community).
    Last edited by Polemaios; March 18, 2017 at 02:49 PM.

Want a Front Page Announcement? Here's how to get one!
    Contact the News Team here

Quote Originally Posted by Polemaios View Post
    Are you going to include other playable free companies and divide Dothraki' unit roster into khalasars? (questions from polish TW community).
    1. Yes, but later (they are only in the books, so low priority right now)
    2. The Dothraki belong to the army "Targaryen Loyalists" (as you would see "House Stark", for example) along with the Second Sons and Unsullied, and are not a separate faction. The units include Dothraki Bloodriders (elite cavalry), Dothraki Khalasar (horde cavalry), and mounted archers.

Niech Żyje Polska!

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Quote Originally Posted by Blick Mang View Post
    The units include Dothraki Bloodriders (elite cavalry), Dothraki Khalasar (horde cavalry), and mounted archers.
    I'd suggest naming the normal cavalry "Dothraki Screamers" rather than "Dothraki Khalasar", and renaming the elite cavalry "Dothraki Horselords" rather than "Dothraki Bloodriders".
    The Khalasar is the clan of warriors, the individual warriors are called Screamers. Bloodriders meanwhile are the equivalent of the King's Guard, a small group of bodyguards/companions for the Khal, whereas Horselord is a term that is applied to the Dothraki in general and would suit elite warriors more.

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula the Mad View Post
    I'd suggest naming the normal cavalry "Dothraki Screamers" rather than "Dothraki Khalasar", and renaming the elite cavalry "Dothraki Horselords" rather than "Dothraki Bloodriders".
    The Khalasar is the clan of warriors, the individual warriors are called Screamers.
    We're going for horde mechanics, so Khalasar is the best term to describe a large group. "Screamer" is used by outsiders to describe the individual warriors, similar to how "Wildling" is a pejorative term for the Free Folk.

Bloodriders meanwhile are the equivalent of the King's Guard, a small group of bodyguards/companions for the Khal
    That's the purpose of the unit.

Made some improvements to the old Dragonstone units:

I have one suggestion/advice to make.

I justed finished and uploaded on Steam Workshop the French translation of v1.02, and it seems many people never heard of Seven Kingdoms: Total War because they don't go to or don't know about ModDB (my translation even reach Top of the week). I added a link toward the ModDB profile and the Translation's description, but I think it may be interesting for you to create a page for the mod in the Steam Workshop. Many big mods do that, and you don't have to upload it, just write a description, post some screens and redirect people to ModDB.

That way, you will reach more people and maybe find new talents interested in joining your team.

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast