Thread: Trophies from Conquering Cities and Empires

Spajjder's Avatar Senator

Default Trophies from Conquering Cities and Empires

So, since the games are becoming more focused on the visual flair as time goes by, wouldn't it be nice to add this into the game?

Remember in Shogun 1, where you had a throne room? Imagine bringing that back, but, adding a trophy room, where you have the crown of that empire, or the statue of that god you stole from an rival empire etc. Sort of like the Assyrians did in ancient times. Beating a Roman Army and stealing their Eagle Standard etc. This too could have an effect on foreign diplomats coming to discuss business.

Also, instead of just having a record of epic battles, provinces lost etc, they could program an algoritm with different sets of pieces (heads, death, battles, taking cities etc etc), that together form your people's story on a wall mural or something

It doesn't have to be specifically those things, but I like things that give more immersion to what's happening. Like remember Rome 1 where everyone got different traits based on how that had acted in the field and campaign map? My 0 star commander talking about how he rather go home to mommy and eat dessert than to fight in the battle in his battle speech. I love those small things.
    Head Scout: You've got three days to earn a badge.
    Peter:Three days? That's tomorrow! We gotta get going!

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Default Re: Trophies from Conquering Cities and Empires

I guess this belongs to the warhammmer TW section?
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz