Page 77 of 110 FirstFirst ... 2752676869707172737475767778798081828384858687102 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,540 of 2190

Thread: [Download & Installation] Divide et Impera 1.3.2a - Updated April 16 2023

Irishmafia2020's Avatar Senator

Default Re: [Download & Installation] Divide et Impera 1.2.3a - Public Beta Updated June 11!

A little feedback on the new mercenary prices - they seem nicely balanced! Having the mercs be expensive (I saw some heavy cav in Iberia for 3,800!) but with lower upkeep works really well. I have actually kept 6-8 units of mercenaries for an entire camapaign against my neighbors. They serve a different purpose now - providing nice tough units to my frontier armies when I'd otherwise have to wait until my barracks were built to get that quality of soldier. Also, my best soldiers would come from a population that is not otherwise established in that region, where as the mercenaries mostly come from the foreigner population group. Finally, since their upkeep is affordable, and it would be very expensive to replace them with new mercenaries for the next battle, I just keep them in my army.

This is a big difference in how I use mercs from before 1.23 - I used to just inflate my army before a big battle and use them as cannon fodder for a couple of turns at the most. Their upkeep was so expensive that even 3-4 units would be a big financial drain, and any more than that would even bankrupt me! As a result I would get rid of them as soon as I could after beating an enemy stack or capturing a city. I think these new prices encourage players to use these soldiers in a more historical fashion - keeping them in the same army for years, and valuing their potency on the battlefield and difficulty(expense) to replace. Nicely done!

Default Re: [Download & Installation] Divide et Impera 1.2.3a - Public Beta Updated June 11!

Which Bactrian units had their population class changed by the way? It's been a while since I went with them, so I've no idea what's different now.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Thx for update

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Irishmafia2020 View Post
    A little feedback on the new mercenary prices - they seem nicely balanced! Having the mercs be expensive (I saw some heavy cav in Iberia for 3,800!) but with lower upkeep works really well. I have actually kept 6-8 units of mercenaries for an entire camapaign against my neighbors. They serve a different purpose now - providing nice tough units to my frontier armies when I'd otherwise have to wait until my barracks were built to get that quality of soldier. Also, my best soldiers would come from a population that is not otherwise established in that region, where as the mercenaries mostly come from the foreigner population group. Finally, since their upkeep is affordable, and it would be very expensive to replace them with new mercenaries for the next battle, I just keep them in my army.

This is a big difference in how I use mercs from before 1.23 - I used to just inflate my army before a big battle and use them as cannon fodder for a couple of turns at the most. Their upkeep was so expensive that even 3-4 units would be a big financial drain, and any more than that would even bankrupt me! As a result I would get rid of them as soon as I could after beating an enemy stack or capturing a city. I think these new prices encourage players to use these soldiers in a more historical fashion - keeping them in the same army for years, and valuing their potency on the battlefield and difficulty(expense) to replace. Nicely done!
    Well that's the plan. Thanks for your feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Irishmafia2020 View Post

Thanks for the detailed feedback. Good to hear something is working as intended (for once! )
    Quote Originally Posted by CadetNewb View Post
    Which Bactrian units had their population class changed by the way? It's been a while since I went with them, so I've no idea what's different now.
    If I remember, the Cretan settlers thorax unit and a few cavalry units.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    Thx for update
    It wasn't meant to reach you Jake so roll back immediately.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Ah, sorry, I had to think that before

Nikron's Avatar Senator

Guys, I've downloaded both parts several times but they don't work. Rome 2 starts as vanilla. I verified the cache and removed all other mods but it's still not working. Any workaround or it has never come up as a problem so far?

Quote Originally Posted by Nikron View Post
    Guys, I've downloaded both parts several times but they don't work. Rome 2 starts as vanilla. I verified the cache and removed all other mods but it's still not working. Any workaround or it has never come up as a problem so far?
    Since we have no other similar reports, I guess the problem is with your system. This thread is not for bug reports though. Please follow the standard procedure or click on my sig for further info-assistance.

PS
    Out of curiosity, have you enabled out of date mods in your launcher ?

Nikron's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Greek Strategos♔ View Post
    Since we have no other similar reports, I guess the problem is with your system. This thread is not for bug reports though. Please follow the standard procedure or click on my sig for further info-assistance.

PS
    Out of curiosity, have you enabled out of date mods in your launcher ?
    Sorry about that. I'll try some fixes myself.

Any chance you'll be updating the More Playable Factions for Macedonian Wars?

It should be working?

Quote Originally Posted by Nikron View Post
    Sorry about that. I'll try some fixes myself.
    No problem, feel free to report back in the tech thread so I could help you.

I absolutely LOVE that you guys added a bunch of my favorite hellenic helmets in the latest patch. THANK YOU whoever did them, they look amazing.

Your welcome! Your screenshots inspired me to add these helmets!

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Diego View Post
    Lol I sort of had a feeling that might have been the case. They look awesome Don, I absolutely love them!

Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Diego View Post
    Did any Syacusan units get some new helmets or other visual improvements in v1.2.3? I haven't played them yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluke View Post
    Did any Syacusan units get some new helmets or other visual improvements in v1.2.3? I haven't played them yet.
    I don't believe we have touched Syracuse visually.

Some Syracuse units did benefit from the new helmets I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Some Syracuse units did benefit from the new helmets I believe.
    Didn't know about that.

Default Re: [Download & Installation] Divide et Impera 1.2.3b - Public Beta Updated June 18!

1.2.3b Fix Update June 18
    *Only Part 1 has been updated, save compatible

- Fixed supply system not properly working for transports.
    - Fixed Late Sacred Band having incorrect unit class.
    - Fixed some beard clipping issues with various helmets.
    - Fixed Pontic thorax spears missing formation attack
    - Fixed Pontic cavalry missing from stables in IA campaign.
    - Added sanitation/upkeep effect to Armenian first level temples.
    - Changed AOR Libyan Infantry unit stats/unit card to better match new unit after overhaul