Thread: Adding units to Captaing?

Default Adding units to Captaing?

I was wondering if there was a way to add units that can be used in the Custom Battles to the campaigns: like Harpies and Dragons. I was also curious about this because High Elf archery ranges don't seem to be able to recruit High Elf archers.

I tried editing it myself (made spare copies of folders I edited) and the mod simply wouldn't work.

Default Re: Adding units to Captaing?

All of this is being fixed in the next version, with fixed recruitment and new buildings, so all building and recruitment should make more sense.

If you're making edits to the export_descr_buildings file, make sure to use Notepad++, and delete the data/world/maps/base/map.rwm file before launching the campaign. It should work just like editing any other mod, we haven't done anything unusual.

Thanks, the problem for me seems to be when I try to add in units not present manually (like the Dragons and Harpies). Even after deleting the map file doesn't work, is there a unit cap that's causing this?

That said, is there a way already present to recruit units like harpies and Dragon Riders in the campaign?

Quote Originally Posted by SudoKnight View Post
    is there a unit cap that's causing this?
    No, not for export_descr_buildings, the unit cap is for export_descr_units, so if you're just making units recruitable, it's not a unit cap stopping you. Maybe a formatting issue?

Quote Originally Posted by SudoKnight View Post
    That said, is there a way already present to recruit units like harpies and Dragon Riders in the campaign?
    In 1.5. The reason we're releasing a new version is because the old one isn't complete.

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

you know what would be hilarious, Whiff? If, when the mod is done, you post a link to the download in one of these question threads, and wait and see if anyone notices. Then a few weeks later post it in a stickied thread, and just say "Oh sorry guys, I forgot! The mod was released three weeks ago " haha
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'