Thread: Campaign Script - Removes Doom Stacks/Garrison Scripts

Default Campaign Script - Removes Doom Stacks/Garrison Scripts

Hi All,

I've edited the campaign_script.txt to reflect a sandbox campaign without all of the scripted spawned stacks. I've made minor adjustments to the faction incomes to adjust for this as well. Plan on Imperial factions having enough money to hold their own, while evil factions will be able to expand. I suggest playing on hard or very hard difficulty (same economies in both).

Garrison scripts are still included to maintain faction balance and poor campaign AI inherent to this engine.

campaign_script.txt
    Last edited by smitty; May 14, 2017 at 01:54 PM.
    Wealth beyond measure, Outlander.

Default Re: Campaign Script - Removes Doom Stacks/Garrison Scripts

Thanks, + rep.

what folder do I put this in?

Quote Originally Posted by Marijuana_Merlin View Post
    what folder do I put this in?
    Put in the following folder: Medieval II Total War\mods\BOTET\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign

You will be prompted to replace file; if you are not, you did not put in right location

Quote Originally Posted by smitty View Post
    Put in the following folder: Medieval II Total War\mods\BOTET\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign

You will be prompted to replace file; if you are not, you did not put in right location
    haha thanks!

Great script! I was a bit hesitant at first when I saw how much income the AI factions have, but it seems like they're handling it well and not producing doomstacks to crush the player, at least!

Civis

Hey thank I will try this. But it this save game compatible?

Im just trying the new 1.5 version. I was like Wow lot of improvment at first and I was hopping to test a new campaign if the new version didnt crash near turn 100 like previous version. But I didnt get time to reach turn 100, as soon on like turn 20 just near the 1st waagh and incursion called, 2 full stack of chaos divided spawned from nowehere near the forest in the middle on Tabecland??? It have no way they can have spawn there unless with a warping portal or underdark tunnel. Plus they move real slow like a sneaking spy, just to besiege a city way behond any ennemy threat. I will not have complain if it was like over turn 100 but at the begin it a game breaking. After turn 100 I always keep a full stack of cavalry mobile reserve to fight rebel, but I was forced to use the auto_win cheat. Still that not over like 5- 10 turn after another full stack spawned but it was for Vampire count, and full of elite troop this time??? It feel a little over power for the turn 30 to have so many elite that you can just built one at every 50 turns.
    A sugestion maybe increase the rebel spawn rate instead of stack coming from another dimension, it feel really not real. Maybe increase the rebels unit in stack to, related by the turn passed in campaign. Like on turn 25 stack of 4 -5 unit, turn 50 stack of 8-10 units, and turn 75 full stack.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Martinskyboy View Post
    Hey thank I will try this. But it this save game compatible?

Im just trying the new 1.5 version. I was like Wow lot of improvment at first and I was hopping to test a new campaign if the new version didnt crash near turn 100 like previous version. But I didnt get time to reach turn 100, as soon on like turn 20 just near the 1st waagh and incursion called, 2 full stack of chaos divided spawned from nowehere near the forest in the middle on Tabecland??? It have no way they can have spawn there unless with a warping portal or underdark tunnel. Plus they move real slow like a sneaking spy, just to besiege a city way behond any ennemy threat. I will not have complain if it was like over turn 100 but at the begin it a game breaking. After turn 100 I always keep a full stack of cavalry mobile reserve to fight rebel, but I was forced to use the auto_win cheat. Still that not over like 5- 10 turn after another full stack spawned but it was for Vampire count, and full of elite troop this time??? It feel a little over power for the turn 30 to have so many elite that you can just built one at every 50 turns.
    A sugestion maybe increase the rebel spawn rate instead of stack coming from another dimension, it feel really not real. Maybe increase the rebels unit in stack to, related by the turn passed in campaign. Like on turn 25 stack of 4 -5 unit, turn 50 stack of 8-10 units, and turn 75 full stack.
    not a single script change is save game compatible sorry
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Civis

Good thank for reply. Anyway I will see it in game but it this script disable garnison scripts? I hope nope because it help the Ai alot it a real great feature, I think they should improve it to all city to have at least the free upkeep garnisons +1 or 2 more units.

Quote Originally Posted by Martinskyboy View Post
    Anyway I will see it in game but it this script disable garnison scripts?
    Nope! Garrison scripts left in because I also feel they help keep factions alive and counters the AI making dumb army decisions with their home regions.

Civis

Quote Originally Posted by smitty View Post
    Nope! Garrison scripts left in because I also feel they help keep factions alive and counters the AI making dumb army decisions with their home regions.
    Thank for the reply, your script seem to work, but Im playing my new campaign with Chaos dwarf I dont know if they suppose to have stack spawn against them.

A greater version of garnison will be nice with more city having it. Maybe it can be giving to city where you got over 50% same culture + the core one.

Bantu Chieftain's Avatar Biarchus

I enjoyed doom stacks in CoW 1.5

Id like them back in .

Quote Originally Posted by Bantu Chieftain View Post
    I enjoyed doom stacks in CoW 1.5

Id like them back in .
    This is not the thread for you. The stacks are in the main mod. Why the hell do you people try to ruin the mod for people who have not played ME2 for 5 or more years straight?