Thread: Chivalry, diplomates, recruiting and free garrison questions

apollon's Avatar Libertus

Default Chivalry, diplomates, recruiting and free garrison questions

1. Chivalry (or Inspiration, as you renamed it) doesn't seem to go up when you release prisoners. Is this intended?

2. Diplomates don't seem to be gaining any levels. Even after having negotiated half a dozen alliances and other agreements, my diplomate still only has one single point of skill.

3. You can't recruit artillery, even if you have a cannon foundry and that other building, whose name I forget, that's related to artillery. I built both of those in Nuln, but can't recruit any guns there, while at the same time, Altdorf has neither, but can recruit guns.

4. What buildings grant you free garrison slots? I noticed that barracks grant you 1 slot, regardless of how many upgrades it has. So, even with a full army barracks, you still only have 2 free garrison units. Town hall grants you an additional one. But I have a city that has 6 free slots, and I don't know where those come from. Maybe that information should be included in the building description.

5. Priests don't seem to contribute to province religious conversion at all, or very little. Is this intended?

6. Shouldn't muskets have the same range as bows? WHFB 8th edition says 24" for both. In BotET, muskets have much shorter range than bows.

7. Why is the sea brown on the minimap?

Default Re: Chivalry, diplomates, recruiting and free garrison questions

I dont have all the answers for your questions.

2. They gain level. I dont play diplomates so much. I just let them go as far as they can, a lot of my negotiations is just give gold for trade, peace and maps. I think u must keep them busy, atleast keep them talk and give a bit money to eseay negotiations
    3. May be something wrong with your file. Check export_descr_buildings.txt: search "building cannon_arsenal". You can see codition to recruit "empire cannon":
    requires factions { portugal, spain, hre, scotland, sicily, milan, venice, saxons, byzantium, france, } and building_present_min_level academic alchemists_lab
    4. Military guild and wall adding free slot, but your settlement must enable to recruit this type of unit
    6. Modder try to keep this game in balance because muskets can armor piercing and decrease moral of enemy. If you want play "han gunners", you can play Ostland. Their gunners have better range and damge

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Default Re: Chivalry, diplomates, recruiting and free garrison questions

Quote Originally Posted by apollon View Post
    1. Chivalry (or Inspiration, as you renamed it) doesn't seem to go up when you release prisoners. Is this intended?

2. Diplomates don't seem to be gaining any levels. Even after having negotiated half a dozen alliances and other agreements, my diplomate still only has one single point of skill.

3. You can't recruit artillery, even if you have a cannon foundry and that other building, whose name I forget, that's related to artillery. I built both of those in Nuln, but can't recruit any guns there, while at the same time, Altdorf has neither, but can recruit guns.

4. What buildings grant you free garrison slots? I noticed that barracks grant you 1 slot, regardless of how many upgrades it has. So, even with a full army barracks, you still only have 2 free garrison units. Town hall grants you an additional one. But I have a city that has 6 free slots, and I don't know where those come from. Maybe that information should be included in the building description.

5. Priests don't seem to contribute to province religious conversion at all, or very little. Is this intended?

6. Shouldn't muskets have the same range as bows? WHFB 8th edition says 24" for both. In BotET, muskets have much shorter range than bows.

7. Why is the sea brown on the minimap?
    5 read this post
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post15329631
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz