Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Kingdom of Georgia (info and units)

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Kingdom of Georgia (info and units)

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I edit my paint
    high era georgian nobleman with protuberance lamelar armor XIII-XIV century
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; August 25, 2017 at 12:54 AM. Reason: Spoiler added

Hi Levan, Thanks for the reply!

Firstly another question for you, you have previously stated that the tadzrelebi were not templars (which I agree with) rather you argue the correct translation is protectors of the palace. What led you to that conclusion? As there are dozens of other mods that argue they were a religious order. In addition I consulted with a number of websites and peer reviewed articles that argue the translation is in fact "people of the temple" this argument is rather the tadzrelebi was first started by an order of Georgian monks in the 5th century. That in later centuries had a military role in defending their monasteries and were not and should not be confused with Templar mythology. Would you like me to link you with some of the articles? Unfortunately they are all behind a paywall. In the mean time here is a website that discusses the argument in greater detail http://www.theknightstemplar.org/tadzrelebi/ I find that is definitely not the most reliable resource but it is the only easily accessible one that I have found.

Secondly, what other references would you suggest? I have found the wikipedia articles of both Military history of Georgia and the History of Georgia that describe the medieval period lack almost any reference. I have read the majority of the published papers of Mamuka Tsurtsumia, (Thankfully I am an alumni of international university that still provides me access to their library database, otherwise it would be very difficult to attain Tsurtsumia's works outside of Georgia) I am aware of his arguments, actually Tsurtsumia I believe may argue that horse archery was never truly adopted by the Georgian military. He states on pg 85 of Couched Lance and Mounted Shock Combat in the East The Georgian Experience that examples of horse archery used in the 13th century and 17th century were exceptions to the use of lance. Additionally your reference to "Cavalry tear-shaped shields, Latin style of sitting on the horse, majority of rider saints depicted with couched lances" seems almost to taken straight from pg 86 of Couched Lance and Mounted Shock Combat. However If you turn back to the final paragraph of pg 85 Tsurtsumia refers to these Icons "...the iconographic material is much more problematic. Since representations of the couched lance are often not impressive artistically, iconographic tradition was conservative...Apart from rare exceptions Georgian Orthodox art failed to avoid this conservatism, maintaining to the end the traditional style of depicting warrior saints" he then argues on pg 86 that the "iconography provides some material for judging indirectly: in spite of its conservative character artists did still represent the almond-shaped shield, the high wrap-around saddle and the stretched-out leg, which unequivocally point to the couched lance combat style". For me this assertion is based more upon assumption rather than fact which doesn't make the best objective history.
    Now, just because I find Mamuka Tsurtsumia not an awesome reference does not discredit your narrative. What other references are you using? The case that you have made previously suggests you have read far widely than myself and have a greater depth of knowledge I'd be privilege some of those references with me so that I may also deepen my understanding.

Thirdly, in reference to your disagreement about the Latin involvement did you read the article that I shared? If so what exactly did you disagree with? What it their general assertion or something specific?

I'll answer more of your post later.

Until then cheers!
    Buff and Shine: Submod for Broken Crescent - New Factions, New Mechanics and more. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...tment-and-more

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

In the article linked by WeekendGeneral, it says this:
    From other sources we know that the king provided guards for the churches and monasteries.
    So, could the tadzrelebi have been a "palace guard" before to become a "temple guard"?
    If yes, when did it happen?
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

This is fantasy, Non-historical imitation of the European Templars

Tazreuli (Tazreli) is not Religious warrior and Religious Order!

Tazreuli is Kings Little army , 500-1000 Cavalryman ( aznauri, Young aznauri,chosen Strong warriors )

Tazari=sasakhle (eng. palace)
    Last edited by Khevsur; August 16, 2017 at 03:19 AM.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

my paint.georgian warrior with rectangular lamelar

Last edited by Lifthrasir; August 25, 2017 at 12:56 AM. Reason: Spoiler added

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

svan archers Clothing tips

and svan clothes colors

Last edited by Lifthrasir; August 25, 2017 at 12:58 AM.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Spoiler for lots of pics
    West Georgian Peasants Type - Imeri glekhi - abkhazia, mingrelia, adjaria, guria , laz

East Georgian Peasant Type - ameri glekhi - kakheti,
    Kartli

Last edited by Gigantus; August 24, 2017 at 11:44 PM. Reason: added spoiler

please dont remove dismounted monaspa lancr unit

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Tarsman of Ghor

Historically in Georgia monaspa was only 12 century.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Moderation request: please put large numbers of pictures into a spoiler - otherwise the page gets stretched for miles. To do so simply go into advanced edit mode, highlight\select the pictures and click the exclamation mark at the bottom left of the symbols. To put text in the spoiler, simply have it look like this: [spoiler=your text here] after applying the spoiler

Spoiler for lots of emptiness
    You couldn't resist, could you?

Last edited by Gigantus; August 24, 2017 at 11:49 PM.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Two relevant images from the Georgian National Museum in Tbilisi:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails saint.jpg   Georgianspearmen.jpg  
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

Blog Entries

JoC, you definitively needs to use a hosting website (like imgur or flirck) for your pics

Anyway, it confirms the look of some units
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

but anyways

Blog Entries

What's the point to keep them if inaccurate, considering that there should be new units and an entire revamp roster?.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

West Georgian Peasants hats And hairstyles

East Georgian Peasants hats

Only Hats!

Colours is Black, Brown, Grey

Last edited by Khevsur; August 31, 2017 at 03:07 PM.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

georgian peasants clothes, Please make Without ornaments. This is Festive ornaments and colors, not make sharp colors, Peasant colors is Black, Brown, Grey.

Last edited by Khevsur; September 12, 2017 at 04:40 AM.

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Mercenary Availability

I think create Georgian mercerany Cavalry - Molashkre Cavalry (shock Cavalry) - like Msakhureuli Cavalry .

main weapon - long Spear, secondary weapon - Straight (Early period) and curved (high and late period ) sword
    Last edited by Khevsur; September 03, 2017 at 03:29 AM.

Blog Entries

@ Khevsur, I've moved your post here as it is more related to Georgia. The other thread is related to mercenaries availability and recruitment and for all of them

I hope this awesome unit roster will be finished soon

Khevsur's Avatar Senator

Is the news?