Thread: Few Queries

Default Few Queries

I'm using the 1.5 Version from Moddb. Currently I'm around 30 turns into a H/H Reikland Campaign. I've taken Nuln (mostly by luck) and another small town. A Chaos Crusade has been declared on Middenheim but they seem to be doing well. No Crashes yet- so another good plus point in BOTET's favour. Money is short, I've been fighting just to protect my Empire and it's been a good experience till now. I can't praise the Makers enough for their great work.

I had a few queries about the Gameplay though and as I'd never got far into the CoW Campaign, I was hoping someone could help me out here.

1- I can't make any Alliances, even though I've been helping my neighbours as much as I can. Relations with Middenheim are at V.Good but they refuse to have anything to do with me. This wasn't the case back in CoW IIRC. Is this intentional in BOTET or am I doing something wrong with diplomacy?

2- The Religion growth is weird. Priests don't seem able to grow Religion at all. Temples are nearly pointless as they don't seem to grow Religion normally. For example- the small town (Laurel-something) to the north of Reikland had 10% Sigmar. When I took it, it jumped to 20% in 1 turn without my doing anything. I built a Grain exchange and a temple of Sigmar there and kind of forgot it. Ten turns later, I found that the Religion hasn't grown at all- even though it should've increased by 20% Sigmarite. In other cities as well, Temples don't seem to change Religion.

3- Will there be a Storm of Chaos event or are these Crusades all of it? The Crusade on Middenheim appears to have fizzled out easily. I'd thought there would be big armies- but apart from only one full stack, there were only half stacks and were defeated easily by the AI alone. I just had to help with one army. Missiles are OP so I took almost no losses. It's slightly underwhelming if it's meant to replace the SoC.

If SoC does exist ingame, in what turn does it happen?

Will appreciate the help. BOTET is a great successor to CoW.

Default Re: Few Queries

Quote Originally Posted by Chromium View Post

2- The Religion growth is weird. Priests don't seem able to grow Religion at all. Temples are nearly pointless as they don't seem to grow Religion normally. For example- the small town (Laurel-something) to the north of Reikland had 10% Sigmar. When I took it, it jumped to 20% in 1 turn without my doing anything. I built a Grain exchange and a temple of Sigmar there and kind of forgot it. Ten turns later, I found that the Religion hasn't grown at all- even though it should've increased by 20% Sigmarite. In other cities as well, Temples don't seem to change Religion.

For the relgion growth i think the problem is the same as population growth, it's because a year is divided in more turns, so the conversion is much slower than written in the building ui.

For the alliances, they are hard for me also, but give your neighbours some settlement and surely they'll join you.

I don't know about SoC.

Default Re: Few Queries

If you look at the goals of the BOTET team, removing massive scripted events was a huge part of the effort. There is no SoC event. The 1.5 team has included by default a number of events that spawn armies all over the Empire based on expansion of Imperial factions, as well as some garrison scripts. E.g. if Hochland takes a region, they can expect a fullstack spawn the next turn from the Chaos Undivided faction. This applies to most of the Empire, where some of the southern regions its Orc armies in lieu of Chaos.
    Wealth beyond measure, Outlander.