Thread: Warhammer noob here

Kuljex's Avatar Laetus

Default Warhammer noob here

Just have a few questions that would love answering.
    1.) Playing as one of the 4 chaos factions up north and was wondering if I should ally with the other 3 or just straight up try to conquer everything from the start? I'm not familiar with Warhammer lore so much as of the game in general.
    2.) Do all factions hate each other to the point you can't ally with a different species faction? Like the Skaven and a Elf faction.
    3.) I'm just surprised to see that there are way more chaos dwarves than regular dwarves, did they all convert or something lol?
    4.) What's the difference between all the Chaos factions? They all have basically have the same unit rosters which confused me... (Am noob at Lore)

cenkiss's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Warhammer noob here

There are not many alliances in warhammer. Nearly all races try to exterminate each other. Difference between chaos faction lie in their units. Thye have different knights, demons etc. Their basic units are the same though, just differently colored. Also 'good' factions are always few against evil hordes in warhammer.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMVP View Post
    Just have a few questions that would love answering.
    1.) Playing as one of the 4 chaos factions up north and was wondering if I should ally with the other 3 or just straight up try to conquer everything from the start? I'm not familiar with Warhammer lore so much as of the game in general.
    2.) Do all factions hate each other to the point you can't ally with a different species faction? Like the Skaven and a Elf faction.
    3.) I'm just surprised to see that there are way more chaos dwarves than regular dwarves, did they all convert or something lol?
    4.) What's the difference between all the Chaos factions? They all have basically have the same unit rosters which confused me... (Am noob at Lore)
    1. If you don't get them, soon they'll get you
    2. Yes, sort of. 1.5 left some hardcoded diplomacy stuff in that 1.01 didn't. Not sure why... You have a better chance of just trading and avoiding war though with most factions if you are smart with your diplomats. Evil factions don't have access to diplomats right now I can change that if requested... Just plan on evil vs good and vice versa. Evil factions can team up for sure though, don't dismiss this option.
    3. To be specific, in 1.5 the starting regions of the main Dwarf kingdom is just smaller. There are a number of rebel dwarven kingdoms that aren't specifically Chaos, just independent of the current rulership of the Dwarven King! Also Hashut engineering corps is sexy to an artilleryphile, hence so many converts.
    4. MANY differences! I suggest you set up a single player custom battle and add all 4 chaos factions, then go into the units and browse away. The main differences here are Bodyguard units, lesser and greater demons. You'll see patterns that are somewhat like this: Khorne is high charge, Tzeentch is high attack, Nurgle is high HP, and Slaanesh is high defense (agility).
    Wealth beyond measure, Outlander.

Kuljex's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by cenkiss View Post
    There are not many alliances in warhammer. Nearly all races try to exterminate each other. Difference between chaos faction lie in their units. Thye have different knights, demons etc. Their basic units are the same though, just differently colored. Also 'good' factions are always few against evil hordes in warhammer.
    Quote Originally Posted by smitty View Post
    1. If you don't get them, soon they'll get you
    2. Yes, sort of. 1.5 left some hardcoded diplomacy stuff in that 1.01 didn't. Not sure why... You have a better chance of just trading and avoiding war though with most factions if you are smart with your diplomats. Evil factions don't have access to diplomats right now I can change that if requested... Just plan on evil vs good and vice versa. Evil factions can team up for sure though, don't dismiss this option.
    3. To be specific, in 1.5 the starting regions of the main Dwarf kingdom is just smaller. There are a number of rebel dwarven kingdoms that aren't specifically Chaos, just independent of the current rulership of the Dwarven King! Also Hashut engineering corps is sexy to an artilleryphile, hence so many converts.
    4. MANY differences! I suggest you set up a single player custom battle and add all 4 chaos factions, then go into the units and browse away. The main differences here are Bodyguard units, lesser and greater demons. You'll see patterns that are somewhat like this: Khorne is high charge, Tzeentch is high attack, Nurgle is high HP, and Slaanesh is high defense (agility).
    Thanks for the information guys, I'm having a blast on this mod and am enjoying it more than Total War Warhammer lol. Playing as Tzeentch atm and trying to conquer all of the other chaos factions.

Kuljex's Avatar Laetus

I was playing the campaign as Tzeentch and noticed that there was a huge garrison script for the Nurgle's which was unfortunate for me. Also the greater Daemon of Khorne attacked one of my settlements even though I was in very good terms with them but on that Note how do I recruit my Greater Daemon which I recall is the Raven God or Sarthorael the Enternal wartcher.