Thread: Recruiting people who knows how to work with mounts and their textures for Warcraft: Total War!

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default Recruiting people who knows how to work with mounts and their textures for Warcraft: Total War!

Hello, we could really use someone with this expertise in working with models/mounts etc. While i could fix some mounts there are those who will CTD after being edited/fixed in MS3D.

We could instead use help from you BotET modders with problematic mounts? It would make you official members of the team and you would get the most up-to-date version of Warcraft: Total War continuously.

The one i sent WhiffOfGrapeshot in june was better than the currently released demo, and had the Naga as well as most of the Farrakis or half their roster - not sure really.

Much has happened since then.

We really need someone with the expertise on mounts to fix grey rams for the Dwarven cavalry - it's five units but only one mount using two different textures.

As Bantu Chieftain has started creating mounts for every faction, even though he is using some re-textured Warhammer mounts as well, we believe there will be more texture-issues with the Warcraft based models. We have a raptor also, but it had problems with being static as well because it's old - the rams work perfectly in the mod but have no texture - as bantu has learnt how to make them work, but not how to make the texture show up correctly.

There are also a panther we haven't tested yet that might have problems. I did manage to fix the Snap Dragons and Giants so there are only some mounts that refuse to work in the mod. - It's like i fix the rams, save the mesh but the game CTD when trying to use the unit. Without the fix they work, but then they have no texture - i have no clue why this is. Whiff told me how he did it, but it doesn't work on the rams. I can fix the rams in MS3D but then after saving the mesh they will CTD at the loading screen when trying to use them in battle.

We need help with the mounts - and if Tomdoof, Whiff or anybody with the skills can do it he/she would be regarded as a team member and get access to the latest version available - plus all the coming updates.

All our weird mounts are based on your units or their animations.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kingdoms 2017-10-17 21-07-12-613.jpg  
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; October 30, 2017 at 07:38 AM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal