Thread: Banditry

Default Banditry

I'm pretty sure as of now the banditry system is yet to be touched by DeI since for the most part it doesn't make any sense at all.
    So I have some thoughts about what could be done with it and would love to share

• The obvious one is to make patrol stance reduce banditry, well because it makes sense. Already added
    • Banditry increase the further you are from your heartland (not sure how possible is that, but it also makes sense).
    • A passive banditry counter in the capital province? imo it doesn't make sense that Latium would have 60 bandits and Hispania barely 10 :/ especially that more often than not, the capital province is usually specialized for economy even more so when you're Rome/Greek/Egypt since your units for the most part are recruited from the main city building and not military buildings that are supposed to reduce banditry.
    • Currently banditry increases proportionally to how much trade routes you have to your capital which also contributes to the problem that your safest province is the most subjected to bandits. Honestly I have no idea how to tackle this :/
    • Maybe tie banditry to PO in some way? a happy populace would be less likely to turn to crime I believe, and vice versa :/

thoughts?
    Last edited by hoho96; December 02, 2017 at 04:24 AM.

Litharion's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Banditry

Quote Originally Posted by hoho96 View Post
    I'm pretty sure as of now the banditry system is yet to be touched by DeI since for the most part it doesn't make any sense at all.
    So I have some thoughts about what could be done with it and would love to share

• The obvious one is to make patrol stance reduce banditry, well because it makes sense.
    • Banditry increase the further you are from your heartland (not sure how possible is that, but it also makes sense).
    • A passive banditry counter in the capital province? imo it doesn't make sense that Latium would have 60 bandits and Hispania barely 10 :/ especially that more often than not, the capital province is usually specialized for economy even more so when you're Rome/Greek/Egypt since your units for the most part are recruited from the main city building and not military buildings that are supposed to reduce banditry.
    • Currently banditry increases proportionally to how much trade routes you have to your capital which also contributes to the problem that your safest province is the most subjected to bandits. Honestly I have no idea how to tackle this :/
    • Maybe tie banditry to PO in some way? a happy populace would be less likely to turn to crime I believe :/

thoughts?
    We are currently still adjusting banditry and already added a reduction to the patrol region stance in the latest version. As the system is fairly new we are not sure how much we can influence it with modding, but I do like some of your ideas

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Litharion View Post
    We are currently still adjusting banditry and already added a reduction to the patrol region stance in the latest version. As the system is fairly new we are not sure how much we can influence it with modding, but I do like some of your ideas
    I bet that if the system is modable enough, YOU could make it far better than the Vanilla one.

Literally everything touched by DeI is 10 times better than anything CA can come up with

I wish they had access to the rest of the code.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by hoho96 View Post
    Literally everything touched by DeI is 10 times better than anything CA can come up with
    Quote Originally Posted by CIaagent11 View Post
    I wish they had access to the rest of the code.
    Modding tools...