Thread: (Probably) Dumb Question re: recruiting

Default (Probably) Dumb Question re: recruiting

I've been playing RTR exclusively the past couple of years. Finally decided to give SPQR a whirl. I have had a couple of really good battles early in the campaign as the Romans. Since I'm battling the Greeks, Carthage, and the Gauls all at once (yay), I am in need of some Princepes and Triarii to replenish my armies but I'm only allowed to recruit Hastati and Town watch in my cities. What do I need to do to be able to recruit Princepes and Triarii?

-Mike

Default Re: (Probably) Dumb Question re: recruiting

You need the next level barracks, thats what. And btw, usually I dont fight anyone but gaul and sometimes germany until I get the marian reforms.

Retired moderator of TWC
    | Under the patronage of Atterdag

OK, then I'm assuming my cities needs to get bigger or I need to fulfill some other requirement to upgrade my barracks since I don't see a barracks upgrade in my buildings currently available to build.

And btw, usually I dont fight anyone but gaul and sometimes germany until I get the marian reforms
    I hear 'ya, they had other ideas though!
    Last edited by Starship Trooper; January 11, 2007 at 08:14 PM.

the only cities youre allowed to recruit principes and triariis are in the provinces with the red shield on them as a resource.

Quote Originally Posted by Konig View Post
    the only cities youre allowed to recruit principes and triariis are in the provinces with the red shield on them as a resource.

Red shield resource indicates that you can recruit 1st cohorts on that province and they r named after famous Roman legions. They can only be recruited affter marian reforms take place... Princepes, triarii can only be recruited in provinces with red shields.

To recruit principee and triarii troops u need to develop ur city population to 12k+ and build the admin + the barrack building necessary... look at the building browser to check the sequence
    Last edited by jegui; January 16, 2007 at 08:12 AM.
    Under the Patronage of Hadrian

lol where cani find my SPQR screenshots??? lol soz for noob question i cannot find them anywhere in the Rome folder??

Thanks for the help guys.

Actually You cannot recruit Princepes, triarii, legionaries in areas without the shield. So you need to make sure those HOME territories are your recruiting Depot. Next you need to get to the next city building Level then you can have what you are asking for in those special provinces.

Please also read the README there is ALOT of good stuff and like RTR or EB you should always read whats changed its not like buying a game, mods can change things that SHOULD be READ!
    Lt_1956
    Creator of SPQR:Total War mod since 2004