Thread: [Release]KCC (Kostic Chronology Costumes) - included in the SSHIP 098

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: [Release]KCC (Kostic Chronology Costumes) - included in the SSHIP 098

To create an AOR unit, you can just modify the battle_models.modeldb (each faction must be registered) and use the same texture for all factions. Visually, this is the same as making the unit "mercenary", except for standard-bearers or officers - if there are any listed in the EDU - who will wear the faction's insignia*.
    It's a bit of a shame, because the whole point of an AOR unit is to be able to customize the textures according to the faction using it (at least the colors), but there's nothing to stop me or anyone else from doing it later.

There's so much more to do! I can't tell you what my next priority will be. I recently modified the "Canons of the Holy Sepulcher" and their ug1 by removing their non-historical "two-handed" sword for the 12th and 13th centuries...
    I'd like to improve the appearance of generals, kings and princes for the second half of the 13th century. We'd also have to do the same for the 14th...
    We'll see what I feel like doing.

Canon of the holy sepulcher (left ug1)

*By the way, I'll have to modify their appearance to suit each faction. For the time being, officers or standard-bearers of AOR units may not correspond to the faction (e.g.: the standard-bearers of "hunters" are Eastern European, even when they're in the West).
    Last edited by kostic; April 25, 2024 at 05:26 AM.