Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Irish village forced to take 115 migrants despite 93% vote

Default Re: Irish village forced to take 115 migrants despite 93% vote

We do not know the nationality of the refugees concerned. What we do know is that they are not African Americans. Probably not helped by a biased OP that suggests that most would be sub-saharan Africans (no evidence) , issues with crime etc (no evidence) and ignoring the genuine sentiment of the village , I quote "Lisdoonvarna is deeply sympathetic to both refugees and asylum seekers: “It is not a question that we don’t want these people. it is the fact that they want to increase the population of the village by 38 per cent. " Similar articles say much the same thing. There is no issue with the (resumably refugees)with the locals , it's the logistics that concern them.

We are getting too many of these misleading OPs, which serve no purpose other than to troll the forums minorities, that is if there are any left on the forum.
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; March 12, 2018 at 02:25 PM. Reason: Off-topic part deleted. Discussing reports is never relevant outside the administrative fora.
    Absolutley Barking, Mudpit Mutt Former Patron: Garbarsardar

"Out of the crooked tree of humanity,no straight thing can be made." Immanuel Kant
    "Oh Yeah? What about a cricket bat? That's pretty straight. Just off the top of my head..." Al Murray, Pub Landlord.

Mithradates's Avatar Domesticus

I may miss something here but whats the story with the numbers?
    The guy in the article says the population of Lisdoonvarna is 300 (115 would be a +38% increase), the wiki says the population is 739, in that case the 115 would be "only" +15% increase?

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

Indeed, there are conflicting reports on that, but 15% is still unprecedented nonetheless
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Blog Entries

The Irish government has acted distinctly nefariously, with residents saying they had 'no idea' of the plans for their village. The contract was already signed before the residents knew anything

“It was all done in complete secrecy. No one knew about this until two weeks ago!” Walsh said.
    And this

To top it off, it’s also been exposed that the Irish government paid journalists to write good stories in the press about Project Ireland 2040 – a plan to expland Ireland’s 4.7 million population by another one million using mass migration.
    I believe this sums up my view on the matter

With the chaos and ire being created throughout Europe by the refugee crisis, there’s question as to why the government and local officials would want to ship an influx of migrants into the Irish community.
    Merkel has recently admitted to the presence of no go zones in Germany, how long until the Taoiseach has to say the same?
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; March 12, 2018 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Off-topic part removed
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Himster's Avatar Praeses

It's not like they're British or anything: they're African. The locals will be welcoming.... after a couple of pints and a ceile.
    Sure it'll be grand.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are so certain of themselves, but wiser people are full of doubts.
    -Betrand Russell

Mithradates's Avatar Domesticus

"a plan to expland Ireland’s 4.7 million population by another one million using mass migration"

At the dawn of automation and robotics why would anyone want more people?
    Not to mention, importing people who cant even read wtf

It's not like they're British or anything: they're African. The locals will be welcoming.... after a couple of pints and a ceile.
    Sure it'll be grand.
    Which source mentions nationality?

Ireland's population in 1842 was 8.2 million, 4.77 million now. The impact of the addition of 115 people is as tiny as DJ Trumps handprint.
    Last edited by mongrel; March 12, 2018 at 02:08 PM.

"Out of the crooked tree of humanity,no straight thing can be made." Immanuel Kant
    "Oh Yeah? What about a cricket bat? That's pretty straight. Just off the top of my head..." Al Murray, Pub Landlord.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post
    Ireland's population in 1842 was 8.2 million, 4.77 million now. The impact of the addition of 115 people is as tiny as DJ Trumps handprint.
    This is a disingenuous comparison, if you want to make nationwide observations on mass immigration then why not mention plans to increase Irelands population by more than a fifth in the 2040 plan?

That Ireland 2040 plan is extremely horrifying, as is the ethnic displacement going on throughout the rest of Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithradates View Post

At the dawn of automation and robotics why would anyone want more people?
    As I said before, it's because they think that non-Europeans are somehow worth more. And that's a widely held belief in Europe permeating much of the upper and middle classes, see the example of "Willkommenskultur".
    Also, each of them wants to create his own private version of a "multicultural" city. Regardless whether he or she is actually living in a city or not.

Himster's Avatar Praeses

Which source mentions nationality?
    Who cares? As long as they're not British.
    I'd prefer some sexy Scandinavian immigrants, you know as reparations for all of the women they stole from us a thousand years ago.
    "Make Ireland Beautiful again." I should put that on a hat.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are so certain of themselves, but wiser people are full of doubts.
    -Betrand Russell

Quote Originally Posted by Aexodus View Post
    This is a disingenuous comparison, if you want to make nationwide observations on mass immigration then why not mention plans to increase Irelands population by more than a fifth in the 2040 plan?
    Plans on paper. Can they squeeze 0.9 million in that small hotel, the subject of the OP? Come back when it actually happens.

A fifth of 4.7 m being 0.9m people, which could consist of anyone, most likely EU citizens as they are free to live there anyway. Brexit exiles are a strong possibilty right now. That still leaves 2.6 million short of 1841 levels.

Who cares? As long as they're not British.
    I'd prefer some sexy Scandinavian immigrants, you know as reparations for all of the women they stole from us a thousand years ago.
    "Make Ireland Beautiful again." I should put that on a hat.
    That's the spirit. Please have some sympathy for the Brits though. Life here requires the patience of a saint what with Brexit and nerve gas attack warnings issued one week after the event.
    Last edited by mongrel; March 12, 2018 at 03:24 PM.

Blog Entries

Plans on paper. Can they squeeze 0.9 million in that small hotel, the subject of the OP? Come back when it actually happens.

A fifth of 4.7 m being 0.9m people, which could consist of anyone, most likely EU citizens as they are free to live there anyway. Brexit exiles are a strong possibilty right now. That still leaves 2.6 million short of 1841 levels.
    0.9 million in the hotel.. yes, yes that is a good question.... What inkling of significance does the pre-famine population have to do with this? Please tell me you're joking, mongrel.

http://www.cso.ie/en/releasesandpubl...atesapril2017/

Non-Irish non EU nationals account for 34% of immigrants, a considerable amount if that percentage were to stand during a 1 million increase. At any rate, what kind of government actively seeks to bring in so many non-Irish? Who will likely be able to move to Northern Ireland too, which is leaving the EU. And you're exactly right. It could be 'anyone'. That's why people distrust Varadkar, who is from an immigrant family himself.

Himster's Avatar Praeses

We can never get back to that population level. We've changed from a crop based agricultural society to a dairy and beef one. We can no longer support large populations AND we don't even have much room for building housing, because friesans take up soooooo much fricking room. Although we have many empty houses. The projected numbers we have are quite ambitious. We have a culture of house owning, not apartment renting.

Please have some sympathy for the Brits though.
    Never. I just spent all weekend literally sword fighting unionists in Norn Iron, I won, but I'm still angry.

Life here requires the patience of a saint what with Brexit and nerve gas attack warnings issued one week after the event.
    They can join the other Brits and be those lobster-coloured people in the South of Spain. I don't know why Brits find that so appealing.
    -Betrand Russell

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123