Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: The Arts Chat Thread

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: The Arts Chat Thread

At last, I made peace with the Academy
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

You get an Oscar? ^^
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

Blog Entries

Yes I am in fact Jamie Lee Curtis
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

Default New movie by Luc Besson!!

Besson's second wife was actress and director Maïwenn Le Besco, whom he started dating when he was 32 and she was 15.[25] They married in late 1992 when Le Besco, 16, was pregnant with their daughter Shanna, who was born on 3 January 1993.[26] Le Besco later claimed that their relationship inspired Besson's film Léon (1994), where the plot involved the emotional relationship between an adult man and a 12-year-old girl.[25] Their marriage ended in 1997, when Besson became involved with actress Milla Jovovich during the filming of The Fifth Element (1997).
    I'm just amazed that this piece of ### has been making movies for thirty years. The same with Woody Allen or Roman Polanski (and others I don't know, no doubt). In our daily lives, if we can not work with an individual who we know is a racist, who beats his wife, or who has had sexual relations with his stepdaughter or with a minor, we do not do it. And if we can not consume the products of a businessman who we know is a son of a ###, we don't do it either. I seriously don't understand how anyone (actors, writers, producers...) can decide to work with this kind of people and how anyone can enjoy the product that someone offers them knowing that said person is a piece of ###, when it is really easy it is for most to simply ignore it and consume other products.

A film critic may be forced to go out of his way to separate a person's private life and their artistic production, but not us. A film critic may be forced to make the effort of that separation, of abstracting and focusing on the technical details, the cinematography, the quality of the production... We don't have to make that effort, and it is easy as ### not consuming their products.

Do I appreciate the quality of any of the films they have made? Yeah. I would see them again or see something new related to them? impossible. It would make me gag.
    Last edited by mishkin; January 23, 2024 at 04:00 AM.

Kyriakos's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: New movie by Luc Besson!!

Leon the Geriatric ^^
    Λέων μεν ὄνυξι κρατεῖ, κέρασι δε βούς, ἄνθρωπος δε νῷι
    "While the lion prevails with its claws, and the ox through its horns, man does by his thinking"
    Anaxagoras of Klazomenae, 5th century BC

Blog Entries

Default Re: New movie by Luc Besson!!

Btw, his new movie: DogMan: Metascore Generally Unfavorable Based on 11 Critic Reviews. 37/100

Blog Entries

Yesterday I finished watching Masters of the Air, a continuation (supposedly) of Band of Brothers and The Pacific. Really cool to see hundreds of bombers flying in formation, excellent cinematography. That said, I found the series terrible, I was not at all interested in the life or destiny of any of its protagonists, I literally didn't give a ### about any death, the narrative lacks a coherent rhythm, the last episode ridiculously tries to be great. Oh how good the Yankees were.

The main actor is the guy who played Elvis and the bad guy in Dune. You know who, I'm not even going to bother looking up his name. Always excellent haircut. Zero charisma.

Blog Entries

They have made a remake of Speak No Evil. Because there are no scriptwriters in Hollywood and it is very difficult to watch a Dutch (Danish?) film released only a year ago. James McAvoy, why?
    Last edited by mishkin; April 11, 2024 at 05:34 AM.

Blog Entries

McAvoy?

Blog Entries

The guy should have dozens of projects to choose from
    Last edited by mishkin; April 11, 2024 at 10:50 AM.

Blog Entries

ah the movie is shot in Italy

I agree, James' an excellent actor, but he's stellar when playing insane people

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

He has a weird ability to look unassuming and meak and then turn into hench lunatic.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456