Thread: Questions about diplomacy and other things

Default Questions about diplomacy and other things

Hi

I play as High Elves and i would like to ask:

1. Are there any modifications in diplomacy? I have a war with Bretonia and they do not want to ceasefire despite their failed battles, lost cities and poor economy. Before war a had a trade with them for a lot of turns. I have also similar situation with Lizardmen.

2. Is there any way to remove fog of war without using toggle_fow?

Default Re: Questions about diplomacy and other things

So, nearly 2 weeks has passed, nobody tried to help, I as moderation to remove this topic.

Wow. Exactly the reason why I try to avoid these forums. Hardly anyone bother to post a reply. I have further questions regarding diplomacy.

Why does everyone hate me as High Elves? Yes, I have ransomed and executed foes. But I am the High Elves versus Dark Elves. Of course I will execute them. Releasing them would break the immersion of my faction. Is that something that could be altered?

And to reply to your questions. I think it's because the diplomacy and relations things are tied to vanilla (a bit). Meaning, executing and exterminating populace = BAD. Your reputation with all factions will be ruined. Why they haven't changed it could be because they want to make sure that bad factions like all Chaos, Skaven, Dark Elves ETC will gain bad rep therefore good to murder in the long run.
    Also, I noticed there's no "military access" thing. So traversing other peoples regions will piss them off, despite you wanting to go and help against the chaos crusade. It's weird. I know how you feel. 130-ish turns in my campaign right now.

And FOW, I wouldn't have a clue friend. Never bothered me.

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

You could remove the fog using watchtowers. As for the diplomacy, haven't played much this BoET but it could be that is scripted?
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Baal View Post
    You could remove the fog using watchtowers. As for the diplomacy, haven't played much this BoET but it could be that is scripted?
    Well, if you take a look at the files, almost anything is scripted. Many "descr_.....txt" files. So, yeah scripted indeed.