Thread: I have the old "please login with administrator privileges and try again error" and cannot solve it.

bomberboy's Avatar Domesticus

Icon5 I have the old "please login with administrator privileges and try again error" and cannot solve it.

Hi, it's been a while since I posted on this site so I have no idea if this is on topic or not. I have reset my computer and I wanted to install the CD version of Rome Total War in order to play some mods, I believe the version I have is Gold as it is automatically updated to 1.5. I do have the original copy of Rome non-gold but it does not install the exe for some reason, whereas Gold does. But anyway, I installed it and I keep getting the administrator privileges error and when I change the compatibility to windows 7 and use my admin controls, it doesn't even start. Now I do understand this is an extremely old error from years ago, but my windows 10 is apparently fully up to date now since I reset it so I should not be having this issue. Any help? I've tried the preferences.txt solution complete with creating my own folder and txt file for it, just doesn't work. Any help would be appreciated.
    Check out my Music reviews here now!
    Bomberboy's reviews
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=175306

crazyroman's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: I have the old "please login with administrator privileges and try again error" and cannot solve it.

Unfortunately,the solution is illegal if you want to play the CD version.If you have a code you can install the stem version.