Page 23 of 48 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Public Beta Test - 1.2.3f - Battle Stat Overhaul, CAI Overhaul and New Traits System (Updated Dec 18)

ScipioTheGreat's Avatar Miles

Default Re: Public Beta Test - 1.2.3f - Battle Stat Overhaul, CAI Overhaul and New Traits System (Updated Oct 27)

Quote Originally Posted by Dardo21 View Post
    That sounds promising, you could forward that to Dresden if you haven't already.
    I basically use a suggestion ticket system with him at the moment to give him some breathing room and refrain from bombarding our chat thread. Currently there’s a waiting list that’s recently built up, but it’s turn in the proposal line will be up shortly

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: Public Beta Test - 1.2.3f - Battle Stat Overhaul, CAI Overhaul and New Traits System (Updated Oct 27)

Quote Originally Posted by ScipioTheGreat View Post
    What can be done is lower the transition point costs between land and sea, and vice-versa. I was able to nail down some very balanced and lower cost values a couple weeks ago, and been playing with it ever since. This is also coming from a guy who generally likes slower movement
    Transition points? What and where are they?
    I've tried in a lot of ways to solve this (scripted and not) but was never able to.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    Transition points? What and where are they?
    I've tried in a lot of ways to solve this (scripted and not) but was never able to.
    Campaign variables

I don't think I've had a single general increase or decrease traits, despite tons of battles won and general kills of 200-500 per battle. I'm assuming a mod conflict or something on my end, but all I'm using is GEM and the official Hardcore submod. Also, when they do happen, is there a notification that pops up, or do you have to check your general's profile each turn?

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Well Hardcore submod most likely uses same tables as beta pack.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Galatian infantry that pergamon can recruit are classed as super heavy while only having 20 armour

Patrician

That one actually has 0 impact on anything as it is only display thing.

Default Re: Public Beta Test - 1.2.3f - Battle Stat Overhaul and New Traits System (Updated Oct 20)

Anyone else notice that Households are missing? As in they appear in the event messages, but when I look at the corresponding general, they're missing. "Quicklimed Head" is one example. There are a few others too. I'm using the October 27th beta.

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: Public Beta Test - 1.2.3f - Battle Stat Overhaul and New Traits System (Updated Oct 20)

Quote Originally Posted by Oberbefehlshaber View Post
    Anyone else notice that Households are missing? As in they appear in the event messages, but when I look at the corresponding general, they're missing. "Quicklimed Head" is one example. There are a few others too. I'm using the October 27th beta.
    I guess you are aware considering what you wrotr in the bug report thread. But Dresden has already answered this.

Sendt fra min SM-G930F med Tapatalk

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by ScipioTheGreat View Post
    Campaign variables
    The pathfinding ones?
    I've already tried to use them, but they don't work for the "flying" from sea issue.
    Fact is that when you return on land through a city, there is no disembark event, it will simply give a boost to army's action point, not considering that they are effectively disembaring.
    I've noticed that when I scripted an effect to be triggered on a disembarking event. And it didn't work.

The only work around would have been to change values (and rebalance movement consequently) into campaign_grounds_types, but any value you put here won't change anything in-game (dunno why, but dresden confirmed it too).

The pathfinding ones?
    I've already tried to use them, but they don't work for the "flying" from sea issue.
    Fact is that when you return on land through a city, there is no disembark event, it will simply give a boost to army's action point, not considering that they are effectively disembaring.
    I've noticed that when I scripted an effect to be triggered on a disembarking event. And it didn't work.

The only work around would have been to change values (and rebalance movement consequently) into campaign_grounds_types, but any value you put here won't change anything in-game (dunno why, but dresden confirmed it too).
    Maybe it was my campaign ground type changes, but you don’t think they change anything? They possibly might only work on new campaigns but I’m pretty sure I’ve gotten some results with them, or the pathfinding edits helped at least with land transitions

When are you going to get a discord Jake?! There is so many things I would to discuss over chat [emoji29]

Patrician

"Maybe it was my campaign ground type changes, but you don’t think they change anything? They possibly might only work on new campaigns but I’m pretty sure I’ve gotten some results with them, or the pathfinding edits helped at least with land transitions"
    Think they only change when you're disembarking from/to a beach, not through a city, I've tried them again with the same results.

"When are you going to get a discord Jake?! There is so many things I would to discuss over chat"
    Never I think, I'm always going around with my old nokia boy and the smartphone is always in the office, so I can use whatsapp from the pc monitor, not bothering my life with job/not job people this way.
    Use the devs threads, so other devs can discuss too. If you write on discord you can write on any site, or am I wrong?

"Maybe it was my campaign ground type changes, but you don’t think they change anything? They possibly might only work on new campaigns but I’m pretty sure I’ve gotten some results with them, or the pathfinding edits helped at least with land transitions"
    Think they only change when you're disembarking from/to a beach, not through a city, I've tried them again with the same results.

"When are you going to get a discord Jake?! There is so many things I would to discuss over chat"
    Never I think, I'm always going around with my old nokia boy and the smartphone is always in the office, so I can use whatsapp from the pc monitor, not bothering my life with job/not job people this way.
    Use the devs threads, so other devs can discuss too. If you write on discord you can write on any site, or am I wrong?
    If you can use whatsapp on the pc, you can use discord there too [emoji57] And communicating quickly and in larger quantities is much more efficient on a chat platform compared to using forum posts

How on earth are you supposed to use Iceni chariots in this beta please? I've tried loads and they just seem a bit worthless compared to cavalry, would someone please test it and see if it's not just in my head

Patrician

@scipio
    I don't really think that real time when modding a videogame is so necessary and I just like the way TWC is, but I'll have a look to that discord anyway.
    Consider also that we have 7/8 hours of gmt delay, so when you're having lunch, I'm digesting dinner.
    And my modding time is always (weekends excluded) after dinner, which would be in the middle of your afternoons.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; October 29, 2018 at 04:11 PM.

Patrician

Charge into the enemy and plow through the formation. If you are able to keep them on the move, they wreck anything, although not as good as scythed chariots.

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

Chariots was useless from the beginning. Its how they were made by CA. Weak and useless unless you constantly give them orders to attack and move

Sendt fra min SM-G930F med Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    That one actually has 0 impact on anything as it is only display thing.
    My bad, I figured unit speed was tied to that. I will double check if unit speeds are correct instead for the units I come across.

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    Charge into the enemy and plow through the formation. If you are able to keep them on the move, they wreck anything, although not as good as scythed chariots.
    I've been trying to use them for like the past hour, they cost 1,500 and tend to get almost no kills when i have them moving, they rout super quickly as well. The only thing i've been half successful with is moving through the back of one of my own units and an enemy's unit, but even then they take lots of casualties

They lose to other cavalry similarly priced

Their javelins are basically useless

To be fair, chariots were already considered obsolete by Alexander's time, and that takes place before this game. Maybe you're better off just using the chariot to mop up ranged and routed units?