Page 31 of 48 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: Public Beta Test - 1.2.3f - Battle Stat Overhaul, CAI Overhaul and New Traits System (Updated Dec 18)

Default Re: Public Beta Test - 1.2.3f - Battle Stat Overhaul, CAI Overhaul and New Traits System (Updated Nov 1)

Quote Originally Posted by Gasmio View Post
    Student trait wont improve for some reason should i leave a general in a town with a library lvl 2 or lvl 3 and that trait will change ?
    Any advise for the new trait system?
    thanks
    The two different skill trees are required as well as high public order in the town. Then, its just a random chance when a general is stationed as to whether it will improve. The higher tiers of the trait require libraries.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Default Re: Public Beta Test - 1.2.3f - Battle Stat Overhaul, CAI Overhaul and New Traits System (Updated Nov 1)

Update Nov 10

Battle Changes

- Elephants now have fire while moving and parthian shot abilities, crews are now able to use their ranged attack when elephants are in melee
    - First round of chariot improvements is out. Scythed Chariots, if properly used, will wreak a lot of damage, other chariots will be reworked later
    - Fixed missile block chance bonuses for testudo and cavalry testudo as they were giving missile block chance exceeding 100%.

CAI Changes
    - Tweaked some diplomacy and strategic values that should help with the war vs. peace situation in the mid-game. Possibly will not be apparent in current campaigns immediately.
    - Increased AI minimum success chance to 40%.
    - Various other values increased to improve AI performance.

Other Fixes/Changes
    - Increased attack/defense values for a few general skills and army traditions that were missed previously for the stat overhaul.
    - Added Georgian sword unit to Kartli's roster.
    - Added Armenian mercenary unit to Caucasian mercenary pool (new campaign only)
    - Fixed most garrison hoplites having the old shorter spear type.
    - Fixed a typo in the Etruscan hoplite unit description.
    - Changed the Libyan roster in HatG to use the newer units from recent overhauls.
    - Fixed some AI Iberian factions missing units from rosters in HatG.

Centenarius

Default Re: Public Beta Test - 1.2.3f - Battle Stat Overhaul, CAI Overhaul and New Traits System (Updated Nov 10)

Nice update, thanks!

Default Re: Public Beta Test - 1.2.3f - Battle Stat Overhaul, CAI Overhaul and New Traits System (Updated Nov 10)

Assuming this is save game compatible?

Many thanks for all the prompt updates and wonderful work.

Yes all updates should be save compatible unless stated otherwise.

Great! Looking forward to trying the update.

Any luck figuring out the issue with general traits not upgrading? In particular, over two partial campaigns covering 120 turns, I've yet to see the Brawler trait improve on any of my characters (I believe Commander has increased, and I don't think the Intellectual tree has, not I'm not 100% sure). I tried with and without the hardcore submod, but no luck. Only other submod is GEM. Anything wrong I could be doing on my end? I've seen a few other plays indicating they're having similar problems.

VektorT's Avatar Biarchus

There something that have being borthering me for a while now. I find light infantry super useful for the first time ever in any Total War (before there wasn't the "super"), mainly because how fast it is wich is great for chasing routing units and flanking enemy forces.

With all that considered, one of my favorite roman units is the Velites, wich is fast and can overpower most of other skirmishers in melee. Problem is, after Marian Reform it updates to Antesignani. It does gains +2 Melee Defense but it speed drops to 3. I understand that the updates arent necessary upgrades, but it totally ruins the unit because it no longer is a greate chaser and for that speed I have a plethora of better units. So is the Antesignani slower by design to simulate it largers shield or does someone just forgot to increase his speed? I mean, ok, it have a large shield so it's slower, but a lot of hellenic peltasts still are heavier equiped and still have 4 speed, in fact I doesn't even upgrade my velites and when I need more I'm replacing him with Attic Mercenary Peltast whatever I can, wich have more than the twice the armor but use foreign population.
    Last edited by VektorT; November 11, 2018 at 12:45 AM.

Foederatus

Thanks for the update! I can only support the request to increase speed of Antesignani and share the opinion of VectorT on the arised usefulness of Velites. Great changes were done with the Battle Update. Thanks Kam!

Yesterday something funny happened in my campaign. I do not think it is a bug, ad I could not reproduce it. however, I am playing rome abd am majorly involved with 4 armies in the alps fighting the nasty tribes there. One army is blocking the crossing in southern Italy to sicily, as I am also in war with Carthage and its military ally Syrausan Usurpers. This army was enough to hold them for about 40 turns, then Syracuse asked for peace. I agreed, as I did not expect the cheesiness that happened afterwards. They moved their two armies directly to Cosentia and declared war on me again to capture the city. I was a bit shocked, because with this move, which I have never seen the AI doing before and which is even violating my houserules, they circumvent the fortified army. Well, I reloaded as in the same AI turn my faction leader got sniped (bad luck) in the alps and I was facing a civil war due to this. Well, SyracusannUsurpers did not ask for peace again, which they definitely would have gotten declined anyway. If such a scenario is within the capability of the new CAI, I am deeply impressed. Chapeau, Scipio!

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Yes, Antesignani should have speed of 4
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

As the other chap said, I'm having a hard time leveling up the Brawler trait; I never seem to find the generals actually survive enough battles for it to be useful, hah

Brawler and officer change just fine, I swear the intellectual trait NEVER GOES UP. I have only ever see it go down. I have had generals in 100 PO towns with lvl 4 libraries and a ton of skills and age in the same town for ages and it didn't change. Have a general in a town with poor PO for a short while however and he suddenly becomes a dumb oaf. It makes looting a town reserved only for your front line dumb guy. Galatia for example relies on raiding and looting a lot but doing so makes your generals dumb which then takes away what little cultural influence you have forcing you to fight rebellions all the while your generals are getting dumber.

Quote Originally Posted by VektorT View Post
    ............. Problem is, after Marian Reform it updates to Antesignani. It does gains +2 Melee Defense but it speed drops to 3. I understand that the updates arent necessary upgrades, but it totally ruins the unit because it no longer is a greate chaser and for that speed I have a plethora of better units..................
    Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    Yes, Antesignani should have speed of 4
    May I ask why you've done this? The only available evidence for the Legionary Light Troops/Lancearii/Antesignani has them armoured more like legionaires and certainly not unarmoured like the velites were. In all honesty more like the later Auxilia. A speed of 3 should really be the maxium. Spear-armed (hasta) with a few javelins (lancea) would be ideal.
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

First, I looked at the official submods page and couldn't find it
    second, honestly all I want is just the population mechanic... I think it deserves to be its own separate mod

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

Its called People of Rome.

Sendt fra min SM-G930F med Tapatalk

I've mentioned this before, but it didn't seem to get any attention. I'm not sure if you guys are aware of this, so I'll repeat myself with some proof. Battle formations are super buggy, in particular hoplite phalanx. Check out Sarkiss' latest episode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkmVryM2RXA

Note how at 19:36 he has a single solid line of multiple units and the enemy is about to engage him. Fast forward several seconds to the point when the engage finally happens, and notice how the enemy unit awkwardly ploughs through his solid line. The enemy reforms in a very unnatural way and ends up completely perpendicular to the line they were originally attacking. At several angles like 20:31 you can clearly see how half of the enemy formation has cut right through Sarkiss' line, as a result of the re-formation maneuvering. Once his solid line is broken, this results in his troops getting flank and rear attacked and quickly routing. If it had worked as it should, he should have won the battle by holding the line and attacking them in the rear with his reserves.

I've had this happen to me in virtually every battle against Egyptian hoplites in my current campaign as Rome. I have fought hoplite phalanxes before the patch and this never happened. I hope you guys have it in mind.
    Last edited by kpagcha; November 11, 2018 at 11:37 AM.

Patrician

And I replied a dozens times about this. This is a base game issue and was always there and will always be there. Same issue is for pikes.

Sorry, I've been following this thread but I guess I missed it. I knew hoplite and pike phalanxes were glitchy because of vanilla, but I never noticed them behave so poorly until this beta patch, so I figured I should mention it.

Patrician

It sometimes just work as plain luck or bad luck. I had instnaces where I had like 8 test battles in a row without the issue and again have the bug show up agian while doing exact same moves in every following battle.

How come the Armenian spear legionaries recruit from the Nakhararakan population class? The sword armed legionaries do not recruit from this population class, they recruit from the Pagi class. The Kentronakan Doriphoroi also recruit from the Pagi class, and since they seem to be a more elite unit then the spear legionaries it seems like they should recruit from the Nakhararakan class instead of the Pagi.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I've also noticed that in battles the AI generals will often suicide mission. Especially in city assaults, for some reason they are pretty much ALWAYS the first unit to charge into the city itself. Also if they are a cavalry unit its even more likely yet!

In these same city assaults the AI has often outnumbered me greatly, but will send in only a few units at a time instead of just overwhelming me like they should.