View Poll Results: Shall the candidate be awarded Citizenship?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

21 91.30%
  • No

0 0%
  • Abstain

2 8.70%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Civitate] Jurand of Cracow (Patron: PikeStance)

Default [Civitate] Jurand of Cracow (Patron: PikeStance)

Jurand of Cracow : Civitate

Patron : PikeStance

Friends, Romans, Countrymen, Lend me your ears (eyes). I have a great prospective citizen for you. CITIZENS, citizens, I know, I know, I will admit, sometimes I can become smitten, but Implore you, this member is a rare exception and worthy of Citizenship. He is an old schooler contributor. The member I am speaking of is, of course, Jurand of Cracow. Well, he does dabble in modding, it is not his modding is why I call your attention. While he does discuss and debate, it is not why I have drawn your attention to here. He is a writer. No, fellow citizens, he does not write sweet poems, or AARs or other quaint creative writings. No, he writes incredibly detailed reviews of mods, and games. Practical stuff for the battle-hardened players of the Total War series. While many have turned to cute little youtube videos, Jurand of Cracow writes detailed reviews. It isn't just reviewed, it is guides, advice, and the occasional bug fixes. Citizens do not doubt me, have a look at the thread started in the past year.

1. CF: Crowns' fix: modification of the Crowns in the SSHIP
    2. Home rules to prevent exploiting of the M2TW engine deficiencies
    3. Observations on the WotN:B 3.1 (+RF1.6)
    4. PTF: provincial titles’ fix for SSHIP 0.9.2
    5. Armies losing troops in the enemy provinces
    6. Speed of battles
    7. Losses in the battles in the EBII
    8. SSHIP paintable map - a request
    9. GTCS - Generals' Traits' Common Sense fix
    10. Dominant strategy in ATW: “Sniping groups of armies”
    11. Missiles in the EBII
    12. Some observations / hints for the new players of DLV6.2-BB4.36
    13. Total War games as Real Time Strategies
    14. Some short, fast questions on EDCT triggers
    15. An ideal recruitment system
    16. Hiding information of AI army composition
    17. Possible improvements to the ATW mechanics
    18. Assessment of the current shape of the SSHIP (0.9.2)

The one thing
    you will notice is that he is articulate and polite. My fellow citizens, these are traits of a citizen indeed. Don't take my word for it
    Quote Originally Posted by Withwnar
    He seems like a decent chap. Friendly and appreciative of help.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius
    He always makes useful and detailed contributions to forum discussions both on history, and sharing his knowledge of the wider modding environment. He's picked up bugs and pointed out some useful solutions from time to time, as well.
    QS

Please read on, my client will like to share with you some of this best work. Citizens, I promise you, you will not be disappointed.

I’ve been active on the TWC page for a couple of years. I usually play a TW game to learn intricacies of the engine and to find out the optimum way of playing. Sometimes I sum up my experience in the analyses or reviews that I put on the TWC page. I also do modding in the Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project team.

In more detail I've done:

1) analyses of parameters of the games and finding out optimal strategies for the gameplay:
    * I'm particularly proud of defining the dominant strategy in Attila TW and Rome 2 TW: “Sniping groups of armies”. I think this is the biggest problem for the gameplay of the Warscape based games (with ThroB being the best at solving it).
    * I've had some entries on the future of the TW games, eg. on the possible improvements to the ATW mechanics.
    * I've drafted a few conceptual pieces for the SSHIP: analysis of the Loyalty mechanics of the SSHIP/M2TW, ideal recruitment system in M2TW,
    hints on population growth, issues of forts and watchtowers, Pros and cons of having Merchants in an M2TW mod, optimum gameplay for campaign or the framework for a new siege system in SSHIP,
    * I've done also a few unsolicited analyses and bug-spotting, eg. for Europa Barbarorum II (Losses in the battles and problems in EDCT coding), Wrath of the Norsemen (3 major problems of the gameplay and the issues with the Franks) and RTW-Somnium Apostate Iuliani.
    * I've drafted the home rules for benefiting from playing the M2TW mods the most.
    * in the past I've written something useful for ATW Europa Perdita.

2) three bigger reviews of the TW games Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent
    , and also a few smaller entries here and there (eg. on DLV). Recently I've drafted atentative review of Thrones of Britannia (Sept 2018).

3) I've made a few submods for the SSHIP mod for Medieval 2: on the traits (Generals Traits) and ancillaries (Provincial Titles, while Crowns are in gestation). In this work, I've received a lot of help from fellow TWC users, especially Gigantus, Withwnar, Quintus Sertorius, and Liftrasir.

4) Occasionally, I'm taking part in the discussion on the TWC, sometimes initiating them (Total War games as Real Time Strategies). I've tried sometimes help the new players find their ways, sometimes moders to find their sense, and sometimes players their objectivity. After an interesting game, I'm often putting together a short report with the numbers (eg. Poland in SSHIP).

I think being a citizen would provide a further incentive for me to keep on participating in the TWC life. Actually, I think we’ll be playing the historical games we’ve got now for a number of years.

Impressive? I first noticed Jurand of Cracow while posted in the discussion forums for the upcoming game. I noticed his politeness and his knowledge right way. I then noticed there was more to him. He is a TWC hidden gem. A gem that has laid in obscurity for too long to ignore with the great honor of Citizenship. I beseech you, my Fellow citizens, support, and vote yes for Citizenship.

Last edited by PikeStance; October 13, 2018 at 09:09 PM. Reason: Formatting

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Default Re: [Civitate] Jurand of Cracow (Patron: PikeStance)

Support.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Iskar's Avatar Insanity with Dignity
    took an arrow to the knee

Frankfurt, München, somtimes my beloved Rhineland

A pretty analytic thinker. I particularly like his way of on-the-fly translating historical concepts into technical implementation. Very much supported.
    "Non i titoli illustrano gli uomini, ma gli uomini i titoli." - Niccolo Machiavelli, Discorsi
    "Du musst die Sterne und den Mond enthaupten, und am besten auch den Zar. Die Gestirne werden sich behaupten, aber wahrscheinlich nicht der Zar." - Einstürzende Neubauten, Weil, Weil, Weil

On an eternal crusade for reason, logics, catholicism and chocolate. Mostly chocolate, though.

I can heartily recommend the Italian Wars mod by Aneirin.
    In exile, but still under the patronage of the impeccable Aikanár, alongside Aneirin. Humble patron of Cyclops, Frunk and Abdülmecid I.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Have had a few interactions with the applicant, in which he always come off as civil and constructive, aiming to aid the process of modding for all. He has my support.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Batting one out the park is a rare occurrence, this lads proposal is sailing out over the parking lot and beyond...

Support.

Support.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Support, for the reasons already given, and for his thoughtful proposals for improving our in-game experiences (such as home rules for playing Medieval II without using exploits) and his detailed, helpful review of the Wrath of the Norsemen: The Baltic Release mod.

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

Support
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

z3n's Avatar State of Mind

Support, he's always had great input.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    (...) he always come off as civil and constructive, aiming to aid the process of modding for all(...)
    This summarizes perfectly why JoC deserves his citizenship.
    Support.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Abstain: Don't know anything about the applicant and I don't have time to research.

Blog Entries

Just one thing. Why Civitate, he's clearly more qualified for Artifex.

I see where you are coming from. While there is some content of enormous benefit to modders, I found his approach to be that of someone from the outside looking in.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    Have had a few interactions with the applicant, in which he always come off as civil and constructive, aiming to aid the process of modding for all. He has my support.
    this is exactly my experience so my support too
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE

I'm not familiar with the applicant in detail, but I have seen his posts about Med 2 and especially older titles and I find his postings and general behavior more than adequate for a Citizenship.
    Support. Good choice Pike

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

I'd say he's good material for Citizien, rather than civitate or artifex, but this are just names actually, so whatever he choses, he has my support
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

May I beg the acting Curator to add a poll, please.

Blog Entries

Voted.

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

as well
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

voted
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast