Thread: Ports?

Default Ports?

Is a port something you can build or is it something that a capital/settlement already has at the time the map is created?

Thanks.

PS: I was trying to build a port in Rome or Arretium and could not see how to do it.

Foederatus

Default Re: Ports?

It is solething which is either there or not.

VektorT's Avatar Biarchus

The cities that have them, have them from the start (and they are always the same). The ones that don't have ports will never have them.

That is two bad. I am in the Grand Campaign (Rome) and I really need a port on the west coast of Italy.

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

Ports can only be built in port cities. I guess you are new to the game and would suggest that you read up on some general gameplay guides to learn the basics especially before engaging a complicated mod such as DeI.
    Also you can read our manuals provided in the stickied thread.

Sendt fra min SM-G930F med Tapatalk

I think I am doing okay for RTW2/DeI noob.

I've unified Italy and Sicily, made Epirus accept peace terms, today took Genua in order to have a port close to Sardinia and Corsica. I am sure with experience, I would play better, but I am having fun. I didn't want waste/invest effort vanilla RTW2. As for RTW1, I have played Darthmod, but I am enjoying Roma Surrectum 3.1.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2018-11-10 19-49-37 Port.jpg  

VektorT's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by MeiguoJinjang View Post
    I think I am doing okay for RTW2/DeI noob.

I've unified Italy and Sicily, made Epirus accept peace terms, today took Genua in order to have a port close to Sardinia and Corsica. I am sure with experience, I would play better, but I am having fun. I didn't want waste/invest effort vanilla RTW2. As for RTW1, I have played Darthmod, but I am enjoying Roma Surrectum 3.1.
    Quite honestly I think you are doing the right choice. Playing vanilla is wasted time if you can play DEI, even for newcomers. DEI is a little bit harder, yeah, but also so much better in every way possible.