Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Server Updates

Default Re: Server Updates

I was getting crazy thinking that i had some issue, thank that i found this post xD.

It doesn't work for me, what you say, CommodusIV. When i try to quote anybody or edit a message from other ways, so, it just doesn't work at all.

I have the same error messages as everyone else mentioned. The quote function isn't working for me, I can't edit posts, and can't post images. I'm using Chrome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Enros View Post
    You don't seem to be familiar with how the burden of proof works in when discussing social justice. It's not like science where it lies on the one making the claim. If someone claims to be oppressed, they don't have to prove it.

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

I can't post images too with firefox.
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

It doesn't work for me, what you say, CommodusIV. When i try to quote anybody or edit a message from other ways, so, it just doesn't work at all.

Doesn't work when you've explicitly opened the edit link in a new tab (via right click) or copied the link and pasted it to go directly? If so, I'd like to know what exactly fails on your end.

Browser and such might be useful information as aside from the post being wiped when reaching the edit screen, the function still is provably usable for at least some folk.

I have no workaround for keeping formatting (including the quote, each time I'm entering it manually, second edit so far) and reply with quote is a goner unless someone else figures it out. Ideally, fixes it, but I digress.
    Last edited by Dismounted Feudal Knight; March 25, 2019 at 12:26 PM.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

StealthFox's Avatar Consensus Achieved
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Does anyone know if posting polls are working correctly? I've been avoiding posting them in the Curia since I see so many people having problems posting regular replies.

Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Polls appear functional, if this thread is any indication.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

I can't post images too with firefox.
    I have the same issue but i found a temporarily solution.
    Write your self [img][/img] and in the space between paste image's link.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Patrician Artifex

Guys, there's evidently a version conflict, so there is no point trying to report individual issues. Have a bit of patience.
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

We do not know how long the errors will continue and half the content here has resulted in possible workarounds so we can carry on for the undetermined period of time that things will be screwy. There is absolutely nothing wrong with centralizing issues and temporary solutions and it has nothing to do with patience - indeed, I don't see anyone posting to the effect of 'dammit grn fix it now'.

Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Patrician Artifex

If you weren't impatient, you wouldn't ask for workarounds
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

You do you, if that is your line of logic.

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

My editing page is squeezed:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I found the problem seems to be one CSS style:

afterwards:

same problem with inline editing, same fix.

I'm using Chrome 72 BTW.

Anyone have an idea on when we will be able to reply with quote again?
    The Armenian Issue

Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    Anyone have an idea on when we will be able to reply with quote again?
    It's currently working for me with TWCenter skin and Firefox
    (so is editing posts but I have to hit 'edit post' twice to get the display to work)

Stario's Avatar Domesticus

yup i can confirm this & editing impossible...

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

ahhh - not sure if it's related or if there was always something odd about newish accounts but the person here who seems to have just joined has six posts that show up on 'find latest posts' but profile says Posts: 0 (which looks a little odd when you see it on a post!)

(post count does seem to be working more generally, I just spammed slightly in private forum to check)

Can others confirm if editing and quoting works in Firefox?
    The Armenian Issue

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Yeap, nothing works for me atm. I can only quick reply and pm.

Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    Can others confirm if editing and quoting works in Firefox?
    For me, it doesn't work either in Firefox or Opera (only a blank space appears, instead of the quoted message), but there's a somewhat easy way to circumvent it. You can use a free proxy server, which still remains able to provide the text of the edited or quoted comment. I can confirm that the first google result (hideme) works fine.

There are some problems (it cannot separate paragraphs, none of the tags appears etc.) when you finally submit the reply, but I negated them, by firstly writing my answer using the hideme proxy and then copy-pasting the text in the Opera browser. It's not very practical, but I recommend it in cases where an edit is truly necessary.

Skotos of Sinope's Avatar Macstre Gaposal

The only change I had with Firefox was I had to re-login at every page. I assume that might be an issue on my end as no one else had reported it.