Thread: Hi I have some suggestions for the next BOTET release.

Default Hi I have some suggestions for the next BOTET release.

Hello all I have been playing this mod and I tried out the alternative cut
    I wanted to express some feedback and had some requests I would like to see incorporated. Please don't take this as negative criticism.

End Turns.

End turns are too long. Is this down to too many individual factions, or too many settlements or both? It makes it less fun having to wait a long time every end turn. Is there a way you can make it faster in the next update?

Factions.

I think where there are similarities between races they should be combined into one big faction for the sake of gameplay against lore. To counter this, there should be more unit variety with their own banners/unique units (with uniquely colored armor) so you can create/customize the army you want. Say for example you play as the Empire, but only want an Ostland themed army, then you could recruit Ostland units from the major settlement (with unique buildings) in Ostland which gives access to these units.

The more variety and player options/choices the more replayability. Open diplomacy that sticks on easy or normal difficulty but betrays on hard difficulty. To create our own lore/storyline

Major factions

The Empire (incl.border princes)
    Bretonnia (needs more hero type distinctive units/fuller roster)
    Wood Elves
    Dark Elves (incl Morathi, I don't think she should be a rebel faction)
    High Elves
    Greenskins (includes night goblins, hobgoblins)
    Tomb Kings
    Dwarfs
    Chaos (including Fimir?)
    Norsca
    Skaven (includes Clan Pestilens as part of its faction)
    Vampire Counts (including Mousillon + Vampire Coast/Pirates of Sartosa as part of its faction)
    Lizardmen
    Kislev
    Chaos Dwarfs
    Estalia and Tilia are boring to me as seperate factions. So just combine them both into one faction with fewer settlements, and combine with Dogs of War faction for the variety. (hireable mercs or region recruitable).

(Also, I know this is not lore friendly but, maybe you could add some non-warhammer mythological units to make it more interesting?
    Such as from Roman mythology (and even some Greek mythological units? Like in the Age of Empires - Age of Mythology game)

Minor factions.

I think playable Minor Factions (rebels) should have 1 major and/or only a few settlements. But should have a full roster (for example halflings in the BOTE alt cut). If you conquer the settlement/region you can then recruit any of those units from special buildings. Or hire them as regional based mercenaries.

Amazons
    Albion (needs a full roster from armybook)
    Ind
    Halflings
    Araby
    Cathay
    Nippon
    Ogre Kingdoms (incl gnoblar)
    Beastmen
    Marienburg
    Snakemen (Hinterlands)
    Undead

Building construction and Unit recruitment time takes really long and makes the game more grindy. Especially combined with long end turns.

I also request unit limitation be removed, and left up to a players imagination and playstyle. (So for example if they want a full cavalry stack, they can train cavalry each turn)
    So I request the unit restrictions be removed. And reduce recruitment and building time to only 1 year. (or at the very least 2-3 years for the highest ones). The expensive cost was fine, dont change that.

I prefer BOTE to the BOTE alt cut, however I would like to see some things incorporated from alt cut into the next update of BOTE.

Mainly faster end turns, a fuller roster, and very nice looking units (polished textures). I particularly liked the Halfling and Marienburg armies.

Default Re: Hi I have some suggestions for the next BOTET release.

Sorry, I forgot to expand upon one of the points and wrote it in a confusing manner without checking it, if I can just clarify.

Diplomacy.

I think diplomacy should be neutral between all factions at the start of a campaign, and alliances you make should last without betrayal on easy and normal difficulties. On hard and v. hard difficulties betrayal would be ok.

For the reason that it would be more interesting and add replayability value if you can make an alliance with any faction you want and create your own lore/story, even if it is not accurate to standard warhammer lore.

Sorry again. It still wont let me edit posts, so I wanted to ask for costs to be lower, or for income generation to be higher. Playing medium/medium campaign as High Elves and constantly in the red even though i took over lots of settlements, put tax rates to high and using merchants on profitable resources.
    Cant afford to create money making buildings, or extra units without using add_money cheat which I dislike doing. I only have 2 army stacks (not even full), and I had to use all my generals in my stacks just to fight full dark elf stacks and match them, so I cant use them to generate income by sitting in settlements.
    I think, it's a little too difficult on medium to make money and afford to make buildings/armies units from the start. I dont do easy difficulty because the AI doesnt seem to attack me as much and be passive and too easy to defeat, but maybe i imagine that..
    Anyway medium with fairer money would be better I think. Thanks (dont be too annoyed with me )

Added, unit upkeep costs are very high compared against income

I found end turns larger in rome total war 2 than AC, from far, although I would like that devs could to add in AC the TWW2's tool, what allows to the player to augment the speed to finish the turn.

Morathi in the End of Times joins with the Chaos forces, so, she can't stay with Dark Elves, the same happens with Tyrion (until he's revived by Alarielle), the Von Carstein & the Vampire Coast. With Nagash are Mousillon, Khemri & the rest of Vampire Counts. Take a look from forces of the last battle in the End of Times, so, you can have an idea about the Diplomacy:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The Forces of Chaos

• The Swords of Chaos
    • The Hordes of Chaos
    • The Bloodied Legion of Khorne
    • The Plague Hordes of Nurgle
    • The Daemonic Legions of Chaos
    • The Armies of Khaine
    • The Hordes of the Under-Empire
    • The Beasts of Chaos
    • Archaon, the Everchosen
    • Be'lakor the Dark Master
    • Seerlord Thanquol
    • Shadowlord Verminking
    • Festak Krann, Champion of the Rotting Horde
    • The Glottkin, Champions of Nurgle
    • Arbaal the Undefeated, Champion of Khorne
    • Dechala the Denied One, Champion of Slaanesh
    • Valnir the Reaper, Champion of Nurgle
    • Egrimm van Horstmann, Champion of Tzeentch
    • Aekold Helbrass, Conqueror of Kislev
    • Kordel Shorgaar
    • Sigvald the Magnificent, Champion of Slaanesh
    • Valkia, Gorequeen of Khorne
    • Vilitch the Curseling, Champion of Tzeentch
    • Mannfred von Carstein
    • Ku'gath Plaguefather
    • Dechala the Denied One
    • Morathi, Avatar of Hekarti
    • Tyrion, Avatar of Khaine
    • Vardek Crom the Conqueror

The Forces of the World

• The Empire of Man
    • The Tsardom of Kislev
    • The Kingdom of Bretonnia
    • The Isles of Ulthuan
    • The Realm of Athel Loren
    • The Mountain Kingdom of Karaz Ankor
    • The City-States of Tilea
    • The Kingdoms of Estalia
    • The Empire of Lustria
    • The Undead Legions of Nagash
    • The Armies of the Tomb Kings
    • The Hordes of Waaagh Grimgor!
    • The Celestial Empire of Cathay
    • The Nation of Araby
    • The Kingdoms of Ind
    • The Kingdom of Nippon
    • Karl Franz, Incarnate of Heaven
    • Malekith, Incarnate of Shadow
    • Alarielle, Incarnate of Life
    • Nagash, Incarnate of Death
    • Balthazar Gelt, Incarnate of Metal
    • Tyrion, Incarnate of Light (revived)
    • Grimgor Ironhide, Incarnate of Beast
    • Caradryan, Incarnate of Fire
    • High King Thorgrim, Avatar of Grungni
    • Gotrek Gurnisson, Avatar of Grimnir
    • Araloth, Avatar of Asuryan
    • Aislinn, Avatar of Mathlann
    • Imrik, Avatar of Nethu
    • Daith, Avatar of Vaul
    • Orion, Avatar of Kurnous
    • Eldyra, Avatar of Ereth Khial
    • Martak, Avatar of Ulric
    • Slayer King Ironfist
    • Valten, Champion of Sigmar
    • Ar-Ulric Emil Valgeir
    • Teclis, Loremaster of Hoeth
    • Katarin, Ice Queen
    • King Louen Leoncoeur
    • King Gilles le Breton
    • Luthor Huss, Prophet of Sigmar
    • Grand Theogonist Volkmar
    • Arkhan the Black
    • King Settra the Imperishable
    • Neferata, Vampire Queen
    • Khalida, Queen of Lybaras
    • Tehenhauin, Prophet of Sotek
    • The Celestial Dragon-Emperor of Cathay

Practically all the factions were at war with someone at the beginning, just a few of them were neutral, so, it's good that there're some factions with allies/enemies.

There're mythological's units in AoM what don't fit in warhammer's universe... more reasonable would be, for example, if it's possible, to port mythological units from TWW or to give a proper look on the map for Skavenblight (Tower-Citadel) at least, the Under-Empire capital, as they did with Nagashizzar or to add to the Queen Bess some Vampire-Pirate details, it's too raw her look.

Modders tried to remove the unit limitation, mate, but they can't. Recruitment & building in a year? That would break the game's balance, elite units would be recruitable the same amount of turns that units from tier 1... that never won't happen.

PS: I really like Alternative Cut, they're doing great stuff, bringing a lot of new units & custom settlements.
    Last edited by Garnash; May 16, 2019 at 05:15 PM.