Thread: Marius reform?

Default Marius reform?

Hi, all! I've got Imperial Palace in Roma, Capua, Taras and Syrakousai, but still no Marian reform. Am I doing something wrong?

Suppanut's Avatar Idea-O-Matic

Default Re: Marius reform?

Now marian reform in Extended Cultures 5 trigger by Greek, not Roman and settlement which could trigger it is all around mediterrnean (area of historical greek colony) and Bactria. I will write tutorial about this in ModDB soon.
    Is proudly patroned by the Great Balikedes.

Quote Originally Posted by Suppanut View Post
    Now marian reform in Extended Cultures 5 trigger by Greek, not Roman and settlement which could trigger it is all around mediterrnean (area of historical greek colony) and Bactria. I will write tutorial about this in ModDB soon.
    Thanks for the reply. How about some clue? Which file should I look into? I like Marian units more, so I can't wait. After I played this mod, I tried some other mod, but my eyes hurt, I 've gotta say you guys truly elevated the game to a whole new level.

Suppanut's Avatar Idea-O-Matic
    Last edited by Suppanut; January 06, 2020 at 03:02 AM.
    Is proudly patroned by the Great Balikedes.

178BC Marian reform occurred, hurrah! However I've got only light auxiliary forces to recruit outside of Italy. Is there any more reform for Romans, such as Imperial reform?

Quote Originally Posted by nemesisvsbrad View Post
    178BC Marian reform occurred, hurrah! However I've got only light auxiliary forces to recruit outside of Italy. Is there any more reform for Romans, such as Imperial reform?
    Oops! I just realized when I build foundry I could recruit Legionnaires outside Italy.

Hi everyone, I'm currently playing this mod with Rome. I asked around why I couldn't get the Marian reform. I was told that it was enough to build an imperial palace in Italy in addition to the one in Rome. I also built too many of them and not only in Italy without obtaining the legionaries. From what you have written, therefore, it is the Greeks who have to start the reform so that I, who currently have conquered them, can no longer obtain the legionaries? also how is it possible that a reform that has to strengthen my troops should be activated by another nation? Thanks in advance for your answers.

Zarax's Avatar Triple Chaosmaster

Quote Originally Posted by JC08 View Post
    Hi everyone, I'm currently playing this mod with Rome. I asked around why I couldn't get the Marian reform. I was told that it was enough to build an imperial palace in Italy in addition to the one in Rome. I also built too many of them and not only in Italy without obtaining the legionaries. From what you have written, therefore, it is the Greeks who have to start the reform so that I, who currently have conquered them, can no longer obtain the legionaries? also how is it possible that a reform that has to strengthen my troops should be activated by another nation? Thanks in advance for your answers.
    If you're playing XC5 then yes, it's the greek factions that do it.
    As for why, the reforms triggers upgrades for all factions and it was silly to tie that to just one faction. The trigger represents the arrival of military reforms all around the map such as greek abandoning the hoplite phalanx for the macedonian sarissa, eastern factions adopting heavier cavalry and many others adopting a more flexible infantry style.
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

So do I play with the Greeks or do I have to pray that the AI ​​of the Greeks do it by itself? will this thing change? because right now playing with the parts for example is impossible. no cataphracts. Romans without legionaries cannot be seen.

Zarax's Avatar Triple Chaosmaster

There are several greek factions (unless you wiped out them all), at least one of them should be able to get a settlement to huge city in a reasonable time, what year are you in?
    As for changing, this is unlikely, greek factions triggering the reforms was one of the discontinuity factors between XC4 and XC5 although of course Suppanut might choose otherwise in time (but that would mean XC6 if there will ever be one).

Meanwhile, if you prefer a version that uses the Rome and Italy to trigger the reforms similar to Vanilla, you can install XC4. Factions will be slightly different and there will be less unique units but you will get something closer to XGM in gameplay.
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

20 CE.i left the greeks with only 1 city in the bosphorus, i didn't touch the Seleucids. Pontus and bactria still alive. ok i understand how to do it. thanks for everything.