Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314

Thread: CTD's & Bugs Report

Default Re: CTD's & Bugs Report

i found the solution for the ctd for destroying roman factions.

you must destroy Roman rebels[green] first! and then destroy other romans

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bandicam 2022-08-17 08-59-56-702.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	417.5 KB 
ID:	367955Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bandicam 2022-08-17 09-00-28-853.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	403.9 KB 
ID:	367956
    Last edited by L. D. Aurelianus Augustus; August 16, 2022 at 08:28 PM.

CTD always happens when I start a battle, both custom battle and campaign battle.

When I try to start a battle, it was able to load properly, but crashes as it zooms in on the general doing the speech, it also crashes when I press the start deployment button.

I tried changing the settings to fix the CTD, like lowering the graphics to a minimum and toggling some preferences settings. But the CTD kept happening, what should I do?

I get a CTD whenever several barbarian units appear in a battle in any Roman faction's army in the 260 campaign, with a message saying that a file RO_officer_roman_auxiliary_draco.tga is missing. Examples are the Hermunduri Spearmen and the Dacian Falx units from the castellum building. Fighting the Gallic Empire has become a crapshoot as I now have to make sure no offending units are in their army, and they really like Germanic foederati. After looking in the mod files the tga in question is actually missing and it isn't just typo'd, unless the name is completely different.

If I get time soon I might go through the files and make a hotfix by assigning a different draconarius to all the foederati units in question.
    Last edited by Imperial Eagle; April 29, 2023 at 09:35 AM.

OskarEriksson's Avatar Foederatus

In alex.exe version, that i played much in last times, in 293 campaigns the alans start as a dead faction, with the message, as the campaign begin, faction die, alans. Also triyng to start with the alans, is the same, you got the message DEFEAT. While in the barbarian invasion version is all ok.

Not sure if anyone will see this now given how dead thing are but who knows? In all the campaigns I get a persistent CTD when landing on the Gaelic faction. Latest attempt was the 285 AD campaign and initially it occurred when a Gaelic diplomat attempted to interact at Sirmium. After a bit of dicking around I bribed the diplomat to join me and forced peace and was able to progress for a bit but now it crashes (script on/off/prayers to the Gods etc) even when I go back a few turns to see if I can get past it. On all campaigns this seems to happen around 10-12 years into the game and I just cannot get past it. I have no other CTD's with any faction other than this and never get any other crashes in battle situations (which is actually nice considering how it used to crash frequently)

I remember when i played this intially after it was released, I was able to get a relatively long save in as Dicoletian (up to about 30 years) but since coming back to the game in the last two months, the Gaels have thwarted me relentlessly. Not actually tested it playing as them though.
    'The Last Pagan Emperor'- An Invasio Barbarorum Somnium Apostatae Juliani AAR
    MAARC L 1st Place
    MAARC LXXI 1st Place

'Immortal Persia' A Civilization III AAR

Prepare to imbibe the medicine of rebuke!

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

So you are saying that no matter which faction you play you get this CTD around 10-12 years (60-70 turns) and seems to involve this particular Gaelic Diplomat. Have you also played as the Gaelic Faction?

Hi JH. This has predominantly been with the main Roman faction in all of the start dates I've had so far but have a Kushan save that died because of this. For example Gallienus in 271, Aurelian in 278, Diocletian in 296. For some it involved a Gaelic diplomat called Flaithbheartach, other times it just crashed as it hit the Gaelic badge. I haven't tried yet removing the character from the game.

No other faction during during the turn causes a crash and its approximately 10-12 years in.

I did try and play as the Gaels and see what would happen but got bored after a few turns haha.
    MAARC L 1st Place
    MAARC LXXI 1st Place

Just to confirm, are you referring to 19 turns or 10 years.
    ? And yes, removing the character may solve the problem.

In years, 10-12 on average, not turns.

Going to remove the character and start with the 260 campaign again and will see what happens.

Other than this, I thoroughly love this mod!
    MAARC L 1st Place
    MAARC LXXI 1st Place

Quote Originally Posted by Justinian Australis View Post
    In years, 10-12 on average, not turns.

Going to remove the character and start with the 260 campaign again and will see what happens.

Other than this, I thoroughly love this mod!
    Okay, fingers crossed. I have been updating the mod slowly with feedback from players, nothing special. But I will be including Ihatemonday's soundmod for it as well as IBIC and V2.0IBSAI as well. Hope to have that out sometime around mid year. Thanks for your support. JH

So I have made it to summer 273 AD without that persistent Gaelic CTD after removing the particular Gaelic diplomat. No issues there now. However I have now gotten a CTD on the free peoples faction turn that I cannot get past even after going back a few turns script/no script. Whilst looking at the map for possible issues, when I scrolled towards Ireland the game suffers a CTD. As soon as even a tiny bit gets in the strategy map view it crashes.
    MAARC L 1st Place
    MAARC LXXI 1st Place

So I have made it to summer 273 AD without that persistent Gaelic CTD after removing the particular Gaelic diplomat. No issues there now. However I have now gotten a CTD on the free peoples faction turn that I cannot get past even after going back a few turns script/no script. Whilst looking at the map for possible issues, when I scrolled towards Ireland the game suffers a CTD. As soon as even a tiny bit gets in the strategy map view it crashes.
    That is strange. Can you send me your saved game please and I'll what I can find.

Thanks JA, appreciate the help.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    MAARC L 1st Place
    MAARC LXXI 1st Place

Thanks JA, appreciate the help.
    I'm afraid I haven't been able to get past the problem. I am at a loss as to what it may be. As I have not come across this problem before. The issue with a CTD when scrolling across the map usually occurs just after leading the map, not during a campaign. If you have time and can be a bothered, perhaps check online in the development section of the site.

No problems, JH...appreciate that you took the time.

This was literally the first time in any playthroughs of the mod where something like this happened. When i started a new campaign there was no issue. Back to the drawing board.
    MAARC L 1st Place
    MAARC LXXI 1st Place