Thread: President Biden's first term in office

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: President Biden's first term in office

Quote Originally Posted by irontaino
    Sure, he mentioned grounds for an inquiry, and said inquiry turned up nothing, as he also mentioned...your point?
    It doesn’t make sense to base your assertion that there’s nothing to the investigation into Biden family corruption on Turley’s assessment when that isn’t what he said. Nor is it reasonable to appeal to his credibility on one hand while arguing against the same standard in Trump’s case.
    Quote Originally Posted by JT
    I have previously stated that, while I believe that an impeachment inquiry is warranted, I do not believe that the evidence currently meets the standard of a high crime and misdemeanor needed for an article of impeachment.

My knowledge, of course, is confined to what has been made public, but I wanted to note a few of those allegations at the outset that collectively warrant a formal inquiry. The record currently contains witness and written evidence that the President (1) has lied about key facts in these foreign dealings, (2) was the focus of a multimillion-dollar influence peddling scheme, and (3) may have benefitted from this corruption through millions of dollars sent to his family as well as more direct possible benefits.
    Bank records and sworn testimony have proven the first two points, and established the third as highly likely. Turley affirmed these points as credible even at the time months ago, but still did not believe they were sufficient grounds for impeachment.
    Quote Originally Posted by irontaino
    As we can see, it had less to do with securing the Capitol Building and more to do with protecting his goons.
    A rather pointless deflection, since Trump’s role in the process was to provide broad approval in advance of any requests for additional security on the ground, and his concerns about security were echoed by others in the Administration, including DoD. Local Democrats rejected the offer from the White House directly, then pointed fingers when the situation spiraled out of control.
    Between the transcript of the Zelensky call and Trump's efforts before J6 to overturn the election, including the Georgia call to "find more votes" there was ample evidence to impeach Trump. The few Republicans who aren't invertebrates saw this the 2nd time around.
    Talk about cope.
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Thesaurian View Post
    Talk about cope.
    Why yes, I do talk about cope. When you use phrases like "that's a success in my book" about an impeachment inquiry that went literally nowhere, that is some grade A copium.
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

Imo RFK will hurt Trump alot more than Biden. Coupled with the fact Biden is the incumbent and Trump doesn’t do well with “independent” voters, it’s gonna be a shoe in for Joe in November. Neither party cares about fiscal responsibility or entitlement reform anymore and the main difference between Biden and Trump will be whether or not mass migration is allowed to continue unabated.

At this point Biden has copied alot of Trump’s domestic protectionist policies anyway, and his foreign policy has been one limp-wristed humiliation after another that actually feeds into Trump’s isolationist narratives and the wind down of American globalism. The era of peace through strength is dead and buried. So I don’t expect much of a difference between Trump refraining from getting involved abroad versus Biden trying to and failing miserably.

In any event, domestic issues usually take precedence. So it will come down to how angry people are at Biden for importing millions of illegals and exacerbating inflation, versus orange man bad. Normally, Trump should have a better shot than he does, leading Biden on these top voter issues by 10-20 points. That’s why Democrats have invested everything they have to come up with a way to ban him from running again for the last 8 years. But I think they’ve already been successful enough in that regard to blunt any edge he might have. Despite voters having a 20-point net negative job approval of Biden, and despite 2/3 Americans saying the economy is doing poorly and getting worse, I don’t see Trump overcoming his demographic and reputational handicaps with the status quo voters that tend to decide elections.
    Last edited by Lord Thesaurian; May 08, 2024 at 03:19 PM.
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII