Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mundus Magnus Map on v1.0 3D map mesh

Default Re: Mundus Magnus Map on v1.0 3D map mesh

Second note: It was Palmyra, but not sure what was wrong in this case. When I sent a spy in the buildings looked glitched (saying I could recruit Persian Cav/Horse Archers with green peasant icons). I captured it, deleted all the buildings, and now when the AI took it, it no longer crashed.

Would you happen to have a map with the provinces and cities labeled? It makes it way easier to mod the map files.
    For Lawrence, mercy is a passion, for me, it is merely good manners. You may judge which is the more reliable.

How did you create a new map_rwm for your mod? In the original game you just deleted the base file and it recreated with all your changes. In remastered their is the base game file, your mod file and I don't have one for my submod. I tried deleting both of the others and it just cloned them and doesn't see my changes. It seems clear that I need my own map_rwm file to override yours, which overrides the base game, I think.
    For Lawrence, mercy is a passion, for me, it is merely good manners. You may judge which is the more reliable.

Do you frequent this forum the most or Steam? I noticed when trying to get my descr_strat files to work that you failed to include the City Tuat/ Locus_Melanogaetuli but you allocated forces for the province, it does show up on the map probably because it is listed in the regions file. It doesn't seem to matter so far but it does seem odd. I have been trying various ways to get my strat file to work but I may have made some errors, I did it all by hand or should I say notepad. I've been looking it over and found one error where I gave the rebels some faction only units but still haven't found everything I botched. The original game was easier using show_err would mostly find these things.
    Last edited by PatWest; July 07, 2021 at 04:50 AM.

Just when I get hot to modding again everyone I've contacted just goes cold, Arrgh. I've completed my export_unit_descr mod and it's ready to upload. I just finished the export_descr_buildings changes and the descr_strat file but am having problems with it. When that's fixed I want to move on to the descr_mercenaries file and add more mercenary units by first adding the rebel units to the pool and increasing the amount of mercs available and if I'm still not satisfied maybe a complete ZOR/AOR system. That would cover about half of my original RTW mod years ago. As you might see I'm chomping at the bit now.

sorry - I am still around but mainly discord at the moment... I only use Steam if forced to.

-show_err should still work for the things it used to work for apply it in the Steam properties section for the game

on the descr_strat.txt - have you checked for additional copies of it in data/original_overrides/... which might also need changing depending on which toggle settings you're using?

Where or what is the Steam properties section? Is it the same as the old RTW.exe icon properties? I saw the overrides section, do I just place a copy of it there and what are toggle settings? Last will this generate a map.rwm for my submod?

I suppose I should get on board with the discord servers. It seems like a poor choice of labelling. It makes me think of a giant flame throwing arena for sparring keyboard warriors.

Is anyone having an issue with the faction AI's ignoring rebel/brigand armies?

I've updated the mod so it should work on the current version and also the 2.0.2 beta

I've added the AI personality file fix from Sequel Sentry, thank you for that!

The mesh has been improved with better river border co-ordination, full river and coastline mesh and volcanoes
    thanks to wilddog for the work on IWTE that is automating those elements - new IWTE generated textures as an option will be coming soon too

hey, just wanna mention that you should update "descr_regions" on your steam version, now you only have to put hidden resources there and if there arent any you should just type "none" you can chech base "descr_regions" and youll see, but i dont know if resources should be listed somewhere else, if you find something about that tell me...

Yeah - thanks PatWest actually sent me a fixed version of the file, but I was hanging on with the update till 2.0.2 went live ( I was hoping to have fixed some other bits by then too, but maybe not...)

I've now updated the mod to add PatWest's descr_regions.txt fix. I've included some other fixes for error_logging messages and tidied up the map mesh files so only those required for 2.0.2 are now in the mod folder.

It shouldn't actually make much difference to anything except a slightly shorter message_log file!

Kylan271's Avatar Domesticus

Makanyane. I appreciate the map.

1. I have managed to add BI buildings to the map. An update to include BI features would be nice. The old TE mod includes an Item file with the BI buildings, which I used.

2. Resources for MM can be increased using a MM mod such as TE, which added Fish, Salt and Horses. The item coordinates are already included, making it easier for placement.

3. Bug: Several Gold resources can not be accessed by Merchants.
    Last edited by Kylan271; March 05, 2022 at 07:46 PM. Reason: Updating

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12