Thread: Greek Culture Pack DLC: more worth it for DEI than vanilla?

Default Greek Culture Pack DLC: more worth it for DEI than vanilla?

Hi all. I'm considering purchasing the Greek States culture pack, and/or possibly Wrath of Sparta, but most reviews for both DLC's were lukewarm. Namely, the Greek Culture pack was bland and lackluster in terms of uniqueness and unit roster, and the Wrath of Sparta campaign was dull for similar reasons. But I mainly play DEI these days, which I imagine has a ton of changes to the Greek factions vs. the vanilla versions.

So, is this culture pack and/or campaign DLC (or any other, for that matter) more worth it if I'm considering DEI rather than vanilla (i.e., it's a totally different experience in DEI due to new dynamics unique to the Greek states, or because of the "Macedonian Wars" DEI campaign)? Or, are both DLC's still "meh" even considering the improvements and additions of DEI?

Default Re: Greek Culture Pack DLC: more worth it for DEI than vanilla?

Totally worth it especially with the sale. Go for it.

WoS is so so, the Greek pack is pretty nice to get access to those factions.

Ah ok, good to know. Thanks for the input and recommendations, guys! I think I just missed a steam sale, so I'll aim for the next one to pick up the culture pack.

Irishmafia2020's Avatar Senator

Definitely worth it - all of the factions for DEI are superior to vanilla. Also the wrath of Sparta campaign in DEI is a custom campaign about the wars between Macedon and Rome. I have heard that it is very good, but if you are a Sparta fan you might not be getting what you expect.

Quote Originally Posted by Irishmafia2020 View Post
    Definitely worth it - all of the factions for DEI are superior to vanilla. Also the wrath of Sparta campaign in DEI is a custom campaign about the wars between Macedon and Rome. I have heard that it is very good, but if you are a Sparta fan you might not be getting what you expect.
    Yeah, I'm not so much into these specialized smaller-scale campaigns. I like the idea of playing out the Greek states on the more epic Grand Campaign map for revisionist history fun (i.e., Spartan hoplites braving fierce blizzards as they cross the Hindu Kush into the Indian subcontinent), so the culture pack may be more my flavour. Also I'm a cheapskate, so that too.