Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 098 teaser: REGIONAL BUILDINGS by JoC

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Default Re: 098 teaser: REGIONAL BUILDINGS by JoC

So, I continue re-modelling buildings. The Qasr building will be called Ksar, will be available only in Maghrib (6 provinces), providing Berber units and other benefits:

Hey, how's everything Jurand, do you already plan to do something in the future about Italian ports/Arsenale like Ragusa or Venice? In addition to the most important universities in the game such as Bologna and the rework of the "italian trade quarter" regional building, with this I think the region of Italy would be ready in terms of regional and unique buildings...
    Last edited by j.a.luna; January 22, 2023 at 07:02 AM.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

Quote Originally Posted by j.a.luna View Post
    Hey, how's everything Jurand, do you already plan to do something in the future about Italian ports/Arsenale like Ragusa or Venice? In addition to the most important universities in the game such as Bologna and the rework of the "italian trade quarter" regional building, with this I think the region of Italy would be ready in terms of regional and unique buildings...
    for now, rather distant future. The building that is ready is the Holy Sepulchre - but I need to code it into EDB. Then I've got something for the Turks, as they're deprived of the special buildings. But we'll see.

Jurand, would there be any way to represent the Krak of the Chevaliers in the current region of Syria in the game?
    You already know that it was an important fortress occupied by Templars and Hospitallers.
    It could be represented within the landowners in Antioch (Tripoli county) or Aleppo. Or as a single building.
    It could give Law bonus, public order and train Crusader, Templar and Hospitaller troops for Catholics and noble and Syrian auxiliary troops for Muslims.

https://es.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crac_de_los_Caballeros

On the other hand, do you have news about new buildings in the future or in mind? It's always nice to see how you make the game more unique with your regional and unique buildings!!!
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Yes, it would be a way. It could be the highest level of Chapter House building, for instance. It'd come later, though.

How an Oasis building looks like in-game:

kostic's Avatar Domesticus

Nice !

Hi Jurand! Do you have some new news or new images of the regional buildings??? or maybe improvements for the ones that are already in the game but still need to be modified (bullrings, silk roads, italian tradequarters...) I always really like this part of sship, its unique and regional buildings, it gives a lot of historical character and flavor to the game!
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Hi Jurand! Do you have some new news or new images of the regional buildings??? or maybe improvements for the ones that are already in the game but still need to be modified (bullrings, silk roads, italian tradequarters...) I always really like this part of sship, its unique and regional buildings, it gives a lot of historical character and flavor to the game!
    No, I don't, sorry.

ok friend, I understand that it takes time to create everything... as always looking forward to seeing your new regional buildings ( turbe, var, berd) and the remodeled ones that are already in the game.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Great new hungarian building!!!

@Jurand I just saw that you have added a new regional building "Var" for the Hungarians, I have a few questions:

1. the last level called "Visegrad" has the same characteristics (benefits) as the penultimate level called "royal castle", is it for some reason? Don't you think the last level could have even more benefits? (more recruitment slots and law for example)

2. Regarding the military units that it provides, I only see the mounted sergeant, do you think it would be convenient to add other professional troops such as Sergeant spearmen and later pavise spearmen? Even crossbowmen, to represent the troops stationed in those defense enclaves, where in the cities that have this building you can recruit even some typical castle units like these sergeant spearmen or pavise spearmen (hungarian infantry).
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

1. the last level called "Visegrad" has the same characteristics (benefits) as the penultimate level called "royal castle", is it for some reason? Don't you think the last level could have even more benefits? (more recruitment slots and law for example)
    2. Regarding the military units that it provides, I only see the mounted sergeant, do you think it would be convenient to add other professional troops such as Sergeant spearmen and later pavise spearmen? Even crossbowmen, to represent the troops stationed in those defense enclaves, where in the cities that have this building you can recruit even some typical castle units like these sergeant spearmen or pavise spearmen (hungarian infantry).
    1 - available two levels earlier (not huge city, but city). Plus cheaper as one level is skipped.
    2 - yes, I"m also considering Sergeant spearmen and pavise, maybe also Crossbowmen.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    1 - available two levels earlier (not huge city, but city). Plus cheaper as one level is skipped.
    2 - yes, I"m also considering Sergeant spearmen and pavise, maybe also Crossbowmen.

Perfect Jurand ,this could solve the problem that @Gaku reported about the lack of professional units for the Hungarians, this would be a military/defensive building in the cities capable of recruiting solid troops for Hungary.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

@Jurand, as you have requested support for the following versions of the mod, I have contributed a small grain of sand with all my effort and good work, I have filled in the regional building of ALCAZAR with historical texts.
    If that's okay with you and you give me your approval I will continue working on these descriptions for other buildings like the Palazzo or traits like "Conquer of Cordoba" for example.

I hope it serves your demands since I spent some time looking for and analyzing historical articles about it, although it may not be the best translation since I am Spanish, and English is not my native language.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    {alcazar_building_name}Alcazar

{alcazar1_walls}Walls of Alcazar
    {alcazar1_walls_desc}These walls are the base of an entire fortification and will prepare the foundations of a future Alcazar. The main difference between a castle and an Alcazar is that the Alcazar has a small city or "medina" inside. Due to this defensive construction, more people will come to work on it and your trade will increase. \n\nGAMEPLAY NOTE:Alcazar can be built in Iberia and Maghreb provinces by the 3 Iberic Catholic factions and all Muslim factions. The Almoravids can build lvl1 and lvl2 everywhere.
    {alcazar1_walls_desc_short}Walls and foundations of Alcazar
    {alcazar2_alcazar}Alcazar
    {alcazar2_alcazar_desc}The Spanish word Alcázar, from the Arabic "al qaçr", serves to define a fortified royal residence, it also serves to name old Muslim palaces (from the Caliphate or Taifa period) rebuilt by later Christian kings. The Alcazar used to be the fortified residence of great nobles, sultans and kings and their respective families, they were normally located in the upper part of the settlements to protect themselves and keep separation from the common people. This great military building has been very present throughout Iberia and North Africa in the Middle Ages, built by both Christians and Muslims, it serves to control the area to be governed as well as to impose law and security on the populations under its control. \n\nGAMEPLAY NOTE:Alcazar can be built in Iberia and Maghreb provinces by the 3 Iberic Catholic factions and all Muslim factions. The Almoravids can build lvl1 and lvl2 everywhere. The Alcazar building also enable recruit one diplomat.
    {alcazar2_alcazar_desc_short}A fortified royal residence called Alcazar
    {alcazar3_granada_alhambra_gardens}Gardens of Alhambra
    {alcazar3_granada_alhambra_gardens_desc} The gardens of the Alhambra or "Generalife" as they were called, were the summer residence of the sultans of the Alhambra. Created in the Nasrid period, they are the best known and most important, largely due to their age and the degree of mastery achieved in the treatment of vegetation, water and the integration of the building, thus responding to the translation of the word garden, capable of recreating the Koranic paradise longed for on earth. Generalife is a villa with gardens where the Nasrid kings would rest. For the Nasrid Kingdom, a home could not be conceived without gardens or orchards. Here, there is an orchard, and a series of courtyards designed following the guidelines of Nasrid art. A large ditch, known as the "Acequia Real", is responsible for carrying water to the plants in the garden and, later, to the Alhambra. \n\nGAMEPLAY NOTE: The Gardens of Alhambra enable coronation of the Aragonese and also Almoravid ruler.
    {alcazar3_granada_alhambra_gardens_desc_short}The famous and spectaculars gardens of Alhambra
    {alcazar4_granada_alhambra_castle}Alcazar of Alhambra
    {alcazar4_granada_alhambra_castle_desc}The Alcazaba of the Alhambra in Granada was, of the entire monument complex, the oldest enclosure and therefore the first to be built. This enclosure, in addition to protecting the sultan, contained an entire miniature city to house the service to royalty and the sultan's guard.The Alhambra was built on the Sabika hill, one of the highest points in the city of Granada. This location sought a defensive strategic situation and at the same time represent a clear symbol, since the peak of power is very perceptible to the rest of the city, a location chosen to be contemplated. Its construction dates from the reign of Mohamed I, who ordered the construction of the main walls and the three towers: the Tower of the Candle, the Quebrada Tower and the Homage Tower. The sultan placed his residence there until the works were finished, already during the reign of his son and his successor, Mohamed II. \n\nGAMEPLAY NOTE: The Alcazar of Alhambra enables coronation of the Aragonese and also Almoravid ruler.
    {alcazar4_granada_alhambra_castle_desc_short}The great Alcazar of Alhambra
    {alcazar5_toledo}Alcazar of Toledo
    {alcazar5_toledo_desc}The foundations of Alcazar of Toledo were founded as a Roman "praetorium" palace from the 3rd century, where the Visigoths later used it as their royal residence after proclaiming Toledo as their capital. Later, with the Muslim invasion, it was rebuilt with the aim of becoming a building for the defense of the Alcazaba. Its name originates from this time. Finally, the Castilian kings Fernando III the Saint and Alfonso X the Wise completed the eastern façade and ordered the construction of the four square towers that form the four corners of the building. The privileged situation in which it was found gave it great military strategic value. From it you can observe and control everything that happens on the horizon, which the different peoples and cultures that settled in this great construction knew and used for their own benefit. \n\nGAMEPLAY NOTE: The Alcazar of Toledo enables coronation of the Castilian, Aragonese and also Almoravid ruler.
    {alcazar5_toledo_desc_short}The strategical Alcazar of Toledo
    {alcazar6_zaragoza_aljaferia}Palacio de la Aljafería
    {alcazar6_zaragoza_aljaferia_desc}Palacio de la Aljafería is a fortified medieval palace built in 11th century. The construction of the palace was ordered by Al-Muqtadir, ruler of the Taifa Saraqusta from the Hudid dynasty. The complex received the name of Qasr al-Surur (Palace of the Joy). After the reconquest of Zaragoza in 1118 by Alfonso I of Aragón, it became the residence of the Christian kings of the Kingdom of Aragón. It was used as a royal residence by Peter IV of Aragón (1319–1387) and, in 1492, it was converted into the palace of the Catholic Monarchs.\n\nThe style of ornamentation of the Aljafería, such as the use of mixtilinear arches and springers, the extension of arabesques over a large area, and the schematisation and progressive abstraction of the yeserias of a vegetal nature, strongly influenced Almoravid and Almohad art in the Iberian Peninsula. The shift in decoration towards more geometric motifs is at the basis of Nasrid art.\n\nGAMEPLAY NOTE: Palacio de la Aljafería enables coronation of the Aragonese and also Almoravid ruler.
    {alcazar6_zaragoza_aljaferia_desc_short}Palacio de la Aljafería is a splending palace in Zaragoza.
    {alcazar7_lisbon}Alcazar of Lisbon
    {alcazar7_lisbon_desc}The first built fortifications date from the 1st century BC. C by the Romans, the Alcazar stands in a dominant position on the highest hill in Lisbon. Later, this Alcazar, reformed by the Muslims after the Berber invasion of Iberia, is known as the Castle of Saint George (in Portuguese: Castelo de São Jorge) by the Christian kingdoms, specifically by the Portuguese. Member of the domains of the taifa of Badajoz, at the dawn of the 12th century, before the threat represented by the forces of Yusuf ibn Tasufin, who originated from North Africa, had crossed over to the peninsula with the objective of the conquest and reunification of Almoravid domains, the ruler of Badajoz, Mutawaquil, handed it over, in the spring of 1093, to King Alfonso VI of León, aiming at a defensive alliance, which was not sustained. It continually changed hands until its final possession by Portuguese forces and European Crusaders led by Alfonso I of Portugal in the year 1147. As a token of gratitude, the castle, now Christian, was placed under the invocation of the martyr Saint George, whom many Crusaders professed devotion. Starting in the 13th century, when Lisbon became the capital of the kingdom (1255), the castle houses the Royal Palace. In its functions as the Royal Palace, it was the reception palace of Vasco de Gama, after discovering the sea route to India at the end of the 15th century. \n\nGAMEPLAY NOTE: The Alcazar of Lisbon enables coronation of the Portuguese and also Almoravidian ruler.
    {alcazar7_lisbon_desc_short}Alcazar of Lisbon is a fortification called Castelo de São Jorge
    {alcazar8_fes}Alcazar of Fes
    {alcazar8_fes_desc} In 1069, the Almoravid emir Yusuf ibn Tashfin ordered the demolition of the old walls and the construction of a new wall around both cities (Fes el-Bali and Fes el-Jdid), thus unifying them for the first time. Although the Almoravids established their capital in Marrakech, Fez was one of their most important cities. They built a fortified kasbah (citadel) at the eastern end of the city. In 1145 the Almohad leader Abd al-Mu'min besieged and conquered the city during the Almohad overthrow of the Almoravids. Due to the fierce resistance they encountered from the local population, the Almohads demolished the city's fortifications. Finally, after the overthrow of the Almohads by the Merinids, the Merinid sultan Abu Yusuf Ya'qub decided, in 1276, to build an entirely new royal city to the west of the old city, on higher ground overlooking it. part of it became known as Fes el-Jdid ("New Fes") and included the royal palace of the sultans (Dar al-Makhzen), the state administrative quarters, and the army headquarters, all brought together in its Alcazar. \n\nGAMEPLAY NOTE: The Alcazar of Fes enables coronation of the Almoravid ruler.
    {alcazar8_fes_desc_short}Alcazar of Fes is it is a reconstructed walled area where the sultan and his family live.
    {alcazar9_tunis}Alcazar of Tunis
    {alcazar9_tunis_desc} After the break with the Fatimid government, the Zirids began their Berber emancipation and began to build numerous fortifications to defend themselves against the continuous foreign invasions that continually threatened them as Normans from Sicily, Pisans, Genoese and their former owners the Fatimids, for this reason and as All Muslim fortifications were built the Alcazar de Tunez, to control this unstable region as well as house a fortified palace for royalty. \n\nGAMEPLAY NOTE: The Alcazar of Tunis enables coronation of the Almoravid ruler.
    {alcazar9_tunis_desc_short}The walled Alcazar of Tunis
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

very good, j.a.luna, thanks! will be included.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    very good, j.a.luna, thanks! will be included.
    Perfect Jurand! I am very happy to be able to help you in this great work that is sship mod! I will continue making more historical descriptions for buildings and traits...

-1.As a rebound on the Alcazares, then by having an Alcazar you can get 1 diplomat, so when the Moors have 10 Alcazars they could recruit 10 diplomats, right? don't you think it's too excessive compared to other factions?

- 2.Also review something regarding Iberian coronations: the Aragonese can crown their king in Granada and Zaragoza, the Almoravids in many places like Fez, Tunis, Granada, Zaragoza, Lisbon, Toledo and Granada. But the Portuguese only in Lisbon and the Castilians only in Toledo... Could the coronation for Castilians and Portuguese also be added in Granada and perhaps in the Cathedral-Mosque of Córdoba? or even in the cathedral of Santiago de Compostela for both and also for Aragonese. (Sacred and pilgrimage site)
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

-1.As a rebound on the Alcazares, then by having an Alcazar you can get 1 diplomat, so when the Moors have 10 Alcazars they could recruit 10 diplomats, right? don't you think it's too excessive compared to other factions?
    - 2.Also review something regarding Iberian coronations: the Aragonese can crown their king in Granada and Zaragoza, the Almoravids in many places like Fez, Tunis, Granada, Zaragoza, Lisbon, Toledo and Granada. But the Portuguese only in Lisbon and the Castilians only in Toledo... Could the coronation for Castilians and Portuguese also be added in Granada and perhaps in the Cathedral-Mosque of Córdoba? or even in the cathedral of Santiago de Compostela for both and also for Aragonese. (Sacred and pilgrimage site)
    ad - no, the precised description is:
    \n\nGAMEPLAY NOTE: An Alcazar can be built in Iberia and Maghreb provinces by the three Iberic Catholic factions and by all Muslim factions. The Almoravids can build it everywhere. In the Alcazar building one may also recruit diplomats, and sometimes the maximum number of diplomats a faction can support is also increased.
    This is valid only for Lisbon, Toledo and Zaragoza for the three Iberic factions. If any of them conquer all these settlements, it will indeed be 3. It may be lowered but I don't see it necessary to spend time on it.

coronations - I feel it's historical as it is. Actually, the Aragonese king can be also crowned in Palermo, once the relevant building is built.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhoule View Post
    Del País Vasco. Y yo encantado de echar una mano con lo que pueda, aunque tampoco me quiero comprometer mucho. Todo granito de arena ayuda, eso seguro.

In regards to the benefits... I guess it depends on how many building levels they decide to go with. If they stick to two, and it was up to me, I think something like this could be fine:
    - Ruedo:
    --- Large town
    --- 2 turns (it shouldn't take much time to build that, and it's the same as Racetracks' first level, so...)
    --- Cost to construct: 3000
    --- Requires: Carpenters' Workshops and Landowners' Guards built in the settlement
    --- Provides:
    ----- Allows ferias taurinas/corridas to be held
    ----- Religious conversion 1%
    ----- Public order due to happiness: 10%
    ----- Income (+) or upkeep (+-) of the establishment: +- 100

- Plaza de toros:
    --- Large city
    --- 6 turns (maybe 4? it's what the second level of Racetracks takes)
    --- Cost to construct: 6000
    --- Requires: Stonemasons and Local Nobility built in the settlement
    --- Provides:
    ----- Allows ferias taurinas/corridas to be held
    ----- Increase in tradeable goods (the lowest bonus income, not sure how that works)
    ----- Religious conversion 2%
    ----- Public order due to law: -5%
    ----- Public order due to happiness: 20%
    ----- Income (+) or upkeep (+-) of the establishment: +- 200
    --- Enables training of:
    ----- Jinetes (Max available: 1) (Experience: 1) (very low replenishment, though it could be used to give some experience to those Jinetes units that still don't have it).

Truth be told, I think most of this comes more from wishful thinking (with a hint patriotism and balance pursuit, I guess), than of a proper research of whether any of this is actually and factually historically accurate, at least to the extent SSHIP I think intends to go. Honestly, I'm not sure if bullrings should even be there as a formal building. At least, from the get go. And if not then, when should they be available? Again, I don't know.
    Hi @Jurand Going back to the regional buildings and specifically for the Iberian factions, do you think bullring would be the most suitable? Or, on the contrary, would you create a different one for them?bullring levels could be:

"Ruedo"---- "Plaza de Toros"---- Bullfighting Fair---- Unique buildings

-Available in all Iberia for Christians factions, and for iberian factions in everywhere (except for the hiding resource steppes and deserts), due to the breeding of the bulls.

- This could have the benefits of increased happiness, increased trade income, increased religion conversion in exchange for public disorder. The "Jinetes" can also be recruited for all the factions that have this building.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

@Jurand I continue with the descriptions of buildings, I will continue with the Pisan wonder and others, also you need descriptions for Hungarian Var??

-something about rework the bullrings?

-On the other hand, I wanted to ask you, will the Byzantines have or have some kind of regional building? I thought, for example, that a building called "Pronoia" could be added with different levels where you recruit nobles and their sergeants, but I think this is already reflected with the landowners... Perhaps a regional building shared with Georgia because they are both Orthodox
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

@Jurand I think that currently the Italian "Palazzo" is not very profitable to build for the benefits it offers in its first levels... maybe you should increase its benefits at least in the first 2 levels since currently lvl1 and lvl2 have 0 benefits with a cost of 4000 and 6000 coins respectively, already at level 3 you get only 5% law (with -50 upkeep) and at level 4 0.5 population growth and increase in tradeable goods...Only from lvl 5 (Dante event) onwards is it worth having and you have to wait for a lot of turns...

how would you like to add some law and maybe tradeable goods for the first few levels as well and increase the next levels?
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast