Thread: RTR - CTD's for several factions with no message at the end of the campaign loading bar

Icon5 RTR - CTD's for several factions with no message at the end of the campaign loading bar

Hello all,
    I am writing in hope that someone faced similar issue and figured out where the problem was. Problem is a bit of mystery for me.
    I am playing highly edited RTRE 2.0, which I was slowly editing for a couple of years. My edited version was stable, all factions except for slaves were playable.

However couple a weeks back I switched my old laptop from WIN7 to WIN10 and after that when I once again tried edited RTR mod I got CTD's with no message at the end of the campaign loading bar for three factions - Seleucids, Macedon and Pontus. All other factions are working fine (except of Seleucids and Macedon, there are couple more Hellenic factions -> Pergamon, Bithynia, Greeks, Epirus, and Pontus is eastern faction). FOW off did not show anything unusual and when I used switch I was also able to play for these three factions.
    When I tried the mod on different laptop also running WIN10 there was no such issue, all factions including Seleucids, Macedon and Pontus were working ok, campaign map was loaded normally in all occasions.

I searched tech forum, checked mod, if there is something specific for these three factions - desc_strat.txt, descr_names.txt etc. and also drivers, missing libraries, win updates on my laptop but so far without success.

Any ideas what am I missing?

Thank you all in advance.

Kylan271's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: RTR - CTD's for several factions with no message at the end of the campaign loading bar

Did you use -show_err? There are also tools to check the text files.