I am working on adding units from one faction to another in Rome Remastered in Barbarian Invasion for the first time, but my skins are coming out almost like a green screen when I load into battles, like the textures are missing. The units work fine, and the faces and actual skin tones are there, but the uniforms are missing.

Image: https://ibb.co/MZh21nw

I'm basically reusing all the assets from one unit and adding a whole new unit with a different faction color to the game with them. I am extracting the .dds files in data\character\textures with IWTE then editing them with GIMP using the Color Rotation tool to swap the faction color of the unit before exporting back out as a .dds file again.

• I have tried deleting all the additional layers and exporting as a DXT5
  • I have left all layers in
  • I have tried with and without mipmaps
  • I have tried replacing existing unit textures with mine to see if I a was missing a file somewhere but they still come out green
  • I have left all the .cas files alone as they seem to work fine for my purposes
  • I have not touched the pbr_texture only copied from original
  • I have tried to recompress with IWTE after editing

Files I have Modded:

• bi\data\ui\unit_info\faction\info.tga files
  • bi\data\ui\units\faction\.tga
  • bi\data\text\export_units.txt
  • bi\data\export_descr_units.txt (Created new units and change dictionary and solider type to point to proper .tga files, export_units text, and descr_modle_battle entry.)
  • bi\data\descr_modle_battle.txt (Copied entry for original unit, changed type, and pointed pbr_texture and txture to the new files.)
  • bi\data\export_descr_buildings.txt (Add entries so units could be recrutied.)

Right now, everything works as far as game functionality in both Battles and Campaign. The only problem I have is my units are green, so I think it is something I am doing wrong with the .dds editing process in GIMP.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is my first attempt at a proper mod, and I am totally self taught at this point.

Thanks!

Another quick question. Since I am working on a BI mod, and the textures are housed in the main data folder, how do I set up the My Mods directory so that I can house the changed textures properly. Right now I am just putting them in the main my current directory structure is C:\Users\Name\AppData\Local\Feral Interactive\Total War ROME REMASTERED\Mods\My Mods\Mod_Name\data\

Thanks Again!