Thread: Question on Asklepieon and "Allows for improvement of Intellectual trait"

Default Question on Asklepieon and "Allows for improvement of Intellectual trait"

Does the General that has the trait, that I'm trying to improve, have to be in the settlement that has the Asklepieion? Or can he just be in another city linked to the same region, like the capital? I'm not sure if it's best for a solo general, that's acting as a Governor, to be in the regional capital, or not.

I'm trying to figure out how improving the Intellectual character trait actually works. I've had a general posted up a few turns in Alexandria, that has a Library, but no improvement as of yet.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: Question on Asklepieon and "Allows for improvement of Intellectual trait"

you need to be garrisoned
    and wait, random chance is really low

Default Re: Question on Asklepieon and "Allows for improvement of Intellectual trait"

It can take more than few turns. It's also based on the general's age too IIRC.

After a lot of playing, im going to go ahead and say there's no point in garrisoning, I dont ever see it happen regardless of time and if you want to level intellectual, you are much better off taking the blue authority talents.

I also find the cunning + gravitas tutor who allegedly increases intellectual worthless in practice. I have had it on a character for 20+ years with no movement in the trait.

Again this is from broad, non-intensive observation but your best bet is blue authority skills that say increase intellectual. I reliably see characters taking this skill tree get intellectual upgrades.

Last time I was digging through scripts, "Bureaucrat" and "Sovereign" talent trees were required to be able to level "Intellectual" trait. I believe character needs to have 4 talents unlocked (2 from each tree, talent level doesn't matter) to be able to get "Intellectual" to max level. The character also needs to be old enough and to be garrisoned in a town with high public order. For low level traits, talents may be replaced with a tutor ancillary. However, to reach higher levels the character must have required talents unlocked and the town must have a library built.