Thread: More cannons per unit for 6.3?

Default More cannons per unit for 6.3?

Hi,

So I'm playing on 6.3 the late campaign start and I can't seem to increase the number of cannons per unit. I tried editing the Lord_dbunits.pack but when I start a new game the number of cannons still stays the same? I could have sworn this worked for vanilla ETW, but with Imperial Destroyer 6.3 I can't get it to increase the number of guns (and yes I did increase the number of soldiers per artillery unit too in the pack files. Can anyone please help? I'd like 4 cannons per unit on ultra unit size.

Default Re: More cannons per unit for 6.3?

Where exactly have you edited the numbers? I tried it by modifying Lord_unit_stats_land because I saw all kinds of artillery in there but it didn't work - seems like you have to check every nations unit_stats, I did it with prussia and it worked.

Edit: Just did it for the other nations too, you have to do it in, nearly because some doesn't contain artillery, every xxx_unit_stats_land table in the unit_stats_land list in Lord_dbunits.pack and it works. Just confirmed it a second time cause I was searching in this pack file and simply guessed regarding the other nations when I found the prussian table - the units of some nations are spread over different tables, while some can be found in one so have fun clicking through them all
    Last edited by Rheinländer; May 04, 2022 at 07:42 AM.

Ok, I'll click through them all But just to confirm the only pack file I need to edit to get this to work is Lord_dbunits.pack? I don't need to change something in Lord_core or somewhere else?

Can't say for sure as I have no real modding skills but I've tested it in costum battles and it worked. Just started a new campaign and klicked through the building browser of the artillery buildings, checked the descriptions of the different cannon types and the descriptions also showed the new number of cannons and crew - guess it worked but will test it again when I'm back from work, to see if it's also teh case in campaign battles

Ok so I tried editing all the tables under unit_stats_land_tables in both Lord_Core and Lord_dbunits. I got no results, nothing has changed in the campaign. Screenshots : From the campaign: https://imgur.com/a/K7xTbYX pack file : https://imgur.com/a/uEI5Kro

I know how to fix this. It is your starting campaign units that you need to change. They can be located inside campaigns/Lord_Lmain/startpos.esf and you need Esf Editor to change those values

Let me know if you need further help!