Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Divide et Impera 1.3.1 Public Beta Released!

Icon1 Divide et Impera 1.3.1 Public Beta Released!

https://divideetimperamod.com/divide...beta-released/

Its a separate download for now, help test if you want! The above link contains patch notes and download links. Thanks!

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: Divide et Impera 1.3.1 Public Beta Released!

Foederatus

Great to see another update so soon after the big 1.3 release! Especially as DEI and Rome 2 are quite old now. I think I can speak for a lot of people when I say Thank you for continuing to provide new content, long may it continue!

Is this the right place for feedback? I haven't got into a Campaign yet but what I have noticed from looking at the new units via custom battle...

For Bactria the Mauryan Warrior Guildsmen are holding invisible swords

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bactria warrior Guildsmen.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	300.1 KB 
ID:	367686

The Mauryan Reformed Long bow units are listed under Phalanx infantry and don't have an ammo count (blue bar at bottom of unit card) in battle

Name:	Longbow in battle.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	354.4 KB 
ID:	367687Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Longbow in menu.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	208.6 KB 
ID:	367689

For the Edetani and Lusotannani - they both have a unit called Loricati Scutarri. For one faction it is a sword unit (Lusotannani), and for the other it is a spear unit (Edetani). They are visually different in battle and have different stats (reflecting spear vs sword) however they both use the same unit card - which holds a sword. This is very minor but could cause confusion. I have used the sword version in the linked picture, but the spear version has the same unit card

Name:	Lusotannani Loricati Scutarri.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	214.1 KB 
ID:	367690

Also one more, which I'm not even sure if it is an error - is there are a few Iberian melee units with Skirmisher in their name. They only have 1 ammo, like most melee infantry units as opposed to skirmisher units. But its the only time I've seen a melee unit with 'Skirmisher' in the name so I thought id check it with you guys
    Last edited by AS1606; June 25, 2022 at 08:59 AM.

GourmetGorilla's Avatar Semisalis

Check your load order to make sure the beta is at the very top. My Mauryan Reformed Longbowmen have their bows in hand, and the Warrior Guildsmen have their weapons too. As for the Loricati Scutarii, I agree that the shared name is confusing, but they don't share a unit card in my version.

GourmetGorilla's Avatar Semisalis

Double post, sorry. It's my first time back to these forums in a while.

Thank you this update is hopefully going to solve the Armenian Reform issue that has plagued me since the beginning and all of my Armenian campaigns were abandoned as a result. Iberian and Mauryan and Baktrian updates are also great. However because of the Heat/temperature issues Divide et Impera is unplayable for me during the summer and it will have to wait until the Autumm.

Irishmafia2020's Avatar Senator

I am super excited to start a new Baktria campaign with all of these changes, and looking forward to experimenting with the Iberians as well! Thanks!!!

I started a new Roman camapign with 1.3.1 and noticed something curious - Pyrrhus and his full stack in the southwest province (forgot the name) was not there are the start. Instead there were two smaller stacks, both of which headed back to Epirus within a few turns. I didn't see this in the beta notes, sorry if I missed it. If this was a deliberate change it does make Rome's start rather easier. Having said that, 50-60 turns in I was still struggling, with farily low income and invasions from both north (Celts) and south (Carthage). Anyway, justw anted to bring it to the team's attention in case this was an accidentla change.

What was the reasoning in changing the appearance of Armenian Cataphracts and Noble Cataphracts? The Beta ones look less appealing unless there are historic reasons why it was changed. Also these new models should have the Greek faces instead of the generic "Eastern" faces to be more accurate for Armenians.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Previous ones were not accurate and they dont look worse, even better than before due to more accurate equipment with higher quality of models.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    Previous ones were not accurate and they dont look worse, even better than before due to more accurate equipment with higher quality of models.
    If its historically accurate than obviously its better. The former ones had more of a Hellenic flavor, the new ones from Beta are clearly more eastern. Can the team put in the Greek faces for the new units like it had done with the other Armenian units before? Thank you and great job

is dynamics combat working with 1.3.1 beta? When I have it on in the mods list it ctd when i try to start a campaign

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Its not compatible.

In general, dont use submods with Beta versions of DeI.

Btw, I have added Greek skins to Catas as you asked
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

I saw it it looks great thank you. I also for my own use changed the faces to Greek also took those eastern beards out which doesn't have a mustache looks like an Amish beard. I replaced them with Greek beards and long eastern beards. Those Amish or Islamic beards weren't worn by Armenians. Just regular medium to long beards like the one you have KAM lol

I'm having issues running 1.3.1 beta. Starting the game will show black screen at the beginning as always yet the game automatically exit with no dialog then. Few days ago Rome started to warn about mod being incompatible with the latest version of the game yet after agreeing to run the mod anyway everything worked well. But today it started to crash. Rome has patch_16 through patch_19 listed as the game betas does anyone knows if opting into one of them will help?

PS Since it's my first post here I'd like to say DeI is super great! Now playing Rome without DeI seems dull and uninteresting

Quote Originally Posted by IMHO View Post
    I'm having issues running 1.3.1 beta
    So I played around with Rome game beta patches. Patch 1.6 takes loading 1.3.1 a bit further. Instead of simply crashing after initial black screen the game shows Rome-specific cursor and crashes only after that

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

Patch 16 and 19 are not the actual patch, thats Patch 20, mod will only run with actual patch 20. It will not run with 16 or 19.
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

Quote Originally Posted by Morticia Iunia Bruti View Post
    Patch 16 and 19 are not the actual patch, thats Patch 20, mod will only run with actual patch 20. It will not run with 16 or 19.
    1. Thanks for your answer
    2. I was on the latest Steam version of the game when it started to crash with 1.3.1. And a guy here describes exactly the same behaviour https://steamcommunity.com/app/21495...8482975464351/
    3. Somehow when I ran through all the available game patches and returned to the latest one 1.3.1 began to work again. And an interesting thing -- the game stopped saying the mod is incompatible with the latest version of the game. Judging by the fact that Steam version of 1.3.1 was updated in the early hours of today it seems there might be some glitches how the base game handles mods it considers outdated.

PS Again thanks to the devs for the amazing game experience!

Are there historical reasons why when playing as Armenia player not given a choice to select the Nakharar Cav as their General's unit? the choices are only Royal cataphracts and the heavy Spearmen unit. Having the choice to make the generals unit melee cav would change tactics up in battle something new and refreshing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast