Thread: Portugal has two of every ship available, any idea how to fix?

Default Portugal has two of every ship available, any idea how to fix?

So as the title says, im playing as Portugal in Darthmod Empire, and they have 2 of every ship available to them both in the custom battles screen and in their docks for recruitment in game.
    I have tried to look around to find out how to fix it, as it does bloat the recruitment line quite a bit to see, 2-sloops, 2-brigs, 2-6th rates etc.

Each ship has a very slight price difference, 470 vs 480 for 5th rates, and attached is a picture of them in game, where they also look differently.

- I have a feeling what's happening is that Portugal has access to generic ships and their own? so they end up showing up twice. What im hoping for is a way to fix this, I hope anyone here knows.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Default Re: Portugal has two of every ship available, any idea how to fix?

I think you're right that the problem is that Portugal has access to generic ships and their own. When I modded Empire Total War to add ships for minor factions, I sometimes saw that side-effect (that some factions could recruit two versions of the same ship) - this is listed as a known issue for my Minor & Emergent Factions Unit Pack (which means that I noticed the problem, but didn't find a solution, unfortunately).

It might be possible to edit a Darthmod file or to create a separate mini-mod that would avoid this. However, I can't tell you which Darthmod file to edit and I can't guarantee that (even if you know which file edit) this will work. The method that I used to prevent factions from recruiting ships was to limit recruitment of that type of ship to a land-locked region (to create mods to prevent the recruitment of bomb ketches and rocket ships), but obviously if you did that for the generic ships, most factions wouldn't be able to build fleets!

Okay thats good to know im not the only one with this issue.
    So far I have only encountered Portugal with the issue using custom start for Darthmod campaign (doubt its a startpos issue)
    - I have confirmed the ships that Portugal has access too are the Generic ships and the Spanish ships. So somewhere in the files Portugal is given access to both of these ship groups. I have tried to look around in faction_groups, groupings_military, and units_to_groupings_military_permissions - but in non of those files do I see a way to change which group Portugal is part off.

I fixed it here.