Thread: Is it posible to enable selling last territory for factions, thus kind of confederating?

Icon5 Is it posible to enable selling last territory for factions, thus kind of confederating?

Just asking if this is hardcoded, or can be modded.

Default Re: Is it posible to enable selling last territory for factions, thus kind of confederating?

Yes it is possible. What you can do is this:

Edit the startpos... Make so every faction has their capital set to some distant region they most likely won't get to (like the Black Hills in the Americas).
    Now every faction should lack a capital. Meaning you can buy off any of their regions. The faction won't get destroyed.

Note: I did this within the Imperial Destroyer mod and made all factions capital be Indonesia. This worked. Maybe it only works with this region, but you can still try it. Try one faction first to see if it works.
    Of course, the downside with this is that no faction can have revolutions since they lack capitals.

Default Re: Is it posible to enable selling last territory for factions, thus kind of confederating?

Quote Originally Posted by Radscorpion View Post
    Yes it is possible. What you can do is this:

Edit the startpos... Make so every faction has their capital set to some distant region they most likely won't get to (like the Black Hills in the Americas).
    Now every faction should lack a capital. Meaning you can buy off any of their regions. The faction won't get destroyed.

Note: I did this within the Imperial Destroyer mod and made all factions capital be Indonesia. This worked. Maybe it only works with this region, but you can still try it. Try one faction first to see if it works.
    Of course, the downside with this is that no faction can have revolutions since they lack capitals.
    Interesting approach. But factions will exist permanently this way?

Also, of course, not having revolutions is a major downside.

And I guess there's no way to make the capital be sold only if no other regions remaining.