Thread: IWTE: Two questions about red brick Teutonic Castles from the Teutonic Campaign.

crazyroman's Avatar Artifex

Default IWTE: Two questions about red brick Teutonic Castles from the Teutonic Campaign.

Hello. First of all, i would like to say Merry Christmas and i wish for everyone to have a wonderful new year. Secondly, i want to say a big thank you, to the developer(s) of this tool and everyone that was involved and everyone that is still involved, in it's development or contribution in any way.

Now, about my problem, i know that there are some tutorials and guides that go through all the process of getting these buildings in the battle map, for your mod, but i don't have a problem with that, because i already activated them. I just have 2 questions. The first one is, how can you have these buildings in custom battles too? They work fine in the campaign battles, but in custom battles the original ones always load up. I saw yesterday, a tutorial that was in this forum, about this exact problem (maybe i'm not sure, i can provide a link for anyone interested) but couldn't really follow it, i got a bit confused to be honest. My second question has to do with if i need to create an eastern_european, sub-folder, in settlements main folder, so i can use these textures for eastern european factions too (specifically, lithuania, poland, hungary, russia and wallachia)? I would like to also state, that i gave these red brick castles to lithuania faction (a eastern_european faction in the mod's descr_sm_factions.txt file) and they worked like a charm and i only changed the faction line in IWTE, when i edited the worldpkgdesc file.

Thanks again for everything and i wish you a happy new year.

Default Re: IWTE: Two questions about red brick Teutonic Castles from the Teutonic Campaign.

Custom battles are linked by culture, whereas strat map battles can be set by either culture or to be faction-specific. I'm not entirely certain whether it's possible to get new cultures to show up for custom battles, but I do know that the vanilla eastern european and greek cultures are hardcoded to use northern and southern european maps, respectively, which is why they don't appear.

crazyroman's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: IWTE: Two questions about red brick Teutonic Castles from the Teutonic Campaign.

Okay, thank you. And what i'm supposed to do, so i can get these castles into custom battles?

Edit nr.1: Sorry, just show the second sentence.