Hello, I've been working for awhile on an indie Total War-like real time formation tactics game, but that is a bit slower paced and involves more wargaming rules like anarchy charges, ZoC, priority shooting targets, pursuits/evades, delayed commands with couriers, etc...I have a very early build up on itch.io.

itch.io link:
https://gabe1010.itch.io/formation-t...ototype-battle

There are no win conditions currently, and it is not multiplayer yet (you can just control both sides), you can restart with the 'r' button, move the camera with mouse movement, right click and hold, double left click and hold middle click, and WASDQE. You can single click or loop highlight units, and give them commands to move with right click and drag (hold control to queue up waypoints). You can only give manual shooting or attack commands once already within anarchy charge range (for the most part you move the units and they pick their targets). There are advantages to flank attacks, bowmen are poor in melee, light foot evade, cav are more effective on charge except vs spears, etc...bowmen can only shoot over allies if at a higher elevation. The game is just a single scene/battle currently. Swordsmen and cav are impetuous and anarchy charge at a greater range, and spearmen are not and instead end up 'zoc locked' if facing an enemy nearby without a charge command. Units show their current state and level of disorder on their banners. Routed units do not rally. There currently is no disordering terrain, and I'll add that eventually, but overlapping units disorders them.

It is in a very early and brittle state right now with plenty of issues, but I thought I would post a build to gauge interest and get some feedback.

Thanks for your time!