Thread: Still crashes, every time...!

NobleStef80's Avatar Miles

Icon8 Still crashes, every time...!

Hello!

I really want to play this mod... but,
    No matter what I choose in the Launcher, after loading to the main menu and try to start a campaign, the game always crashes!
    I chose to play as the british with 30 unit campaign and I tested all three different campaigns, and each time, I when I choose to "continue the campaign", I get a CTD.

I verified my Steam files, nothing.
    I deleted the Empire.exe, nothing.
    I choose different Launcher options, guess what.... nothing!
    Always a CTD!
    I even uninstalled and reinstalled Empire and nothing, the same.

Isn't there an option to install the files without the "complicated" Launcher.
    I have installed 100s of mods without the help of launchers and never had any major issues, appart of the mod's bugs itself...

Why isn't there the option to download the different mod files and install them manually for each mod option you got in the Launcher?
    Is there any link to the separate mods?

Thank you!

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: Still crashes, every time...!

I don't know the issue but have you tried launching vanilla ETW first, before adding the mod? That creates necessary files etc. I don't know if that is your issue, but it has been an issue with me.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

NobleStef80's Avatar Miles

Default Re: Still crashes, every time...!

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    I don't know the issue but have you tried launching vanilla ETW first, before adding the mod? That creates necessary files etc. I don't know if that is your issue, but it has been an issue with me.
    Hello alhoon!

Thanks for the reply..!

This is always my first move, whenever I need to install a mod!
    I always had problems with this mod, from the first it came out...!

I don't understand how come the majority here, don't have any problems with it?
    The problem lies in the Launcher!
    It is very easy to mess up with the installation order options, than let the user install the different options as separated mod files him/her self...

Anyway, again, thanks for the help you tried to provide!